No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A short while back, SBS (Australia) played a german mini series called "hunt for the lost relic" (or something like that).
    The basic premise was that during an archaelogical dig, a digital camera was found, dated back to the time of Jesus, with a recording, along with the skeleton of a man from "our time".

It was a really good series, and I can't help but see the similarities between the two.

Comment

The 1st part was great with the ancient Egypt .. I loved seeing them in the puddlejumper ..leaping .....walikng in the desert ,, stealing the ZPM and them ...zap ...nada for the rest of the epsiode ...I was looking forward to the next scene ...but nada from the ancient Egypt ..and instead Shame I had to suffer through the AU scenes

the AU dragged on and on and on and on an on ..boring .
      And how annoying can TPTB become with the Sam and Jack crap ?
      I mean the little brushing of the hand in the briefing room ..allright let's all be sublte ..we don't want the anti-shippers to notice than Sam and Jack are getting together Their little game is really sick ..so far in season 8.. AND I'm fed up to see Daniel's face .

I refuse to watch Atlantis to see that kind of things happening over there too.
      Mobius 2 is gonna be all over the shop ...I mean they have only 45 minutes now to save the team and give us a good Sam and Jack scene ..We know that the AU are over there too ..and to be honest I had enough of them in Mobius part 1 .they are so out of characters than even a kiss between AU sam and Jack is gonna make me puke ..I'm really fed up of TPTB's little game ..and it looks like they'll give us the last 2 minutes betwen Real Sam and Jack ..I hope I see a kiss in the ancient Egypt jail between Real Sam and Jack..just before he he is taken away ..I never wanted an "I love you" but now I demand it ..After all Daniel said it to Sharee in a very romantic scene in earlier episodes and it was Stargate related .

I thought it was sick to spend so much time with the AU Sam and Daniel ..and yeah there were funny ..but I got enough of them after 5 minutes . Also my hubby who is not a spoiler addict didn't even understand who the AU were ..He thought it was the real team before they went into SGC ...just to say that it was very unclear .

The editing of that episode was atrocious ...about the 2 stories

I have lost my admiration to TPTB and the Stargate shows .
      Why didn't they edit some of the AU stuff ..FCOL?!

I like comic episodes but the comic of the ealier seasons ...not that episode particularly .

If do rewatch that episode ..I will only do so until they find the ZPM and you see the team walking away in the desert ..I will never ever watch the AU stuff of that episode .
      And where is the quantum mirror by the way ? at least before ..when we switched to AU ..it was related to the quantum mirror ..but this time ..the AU comes out of the blue ..No wonder my hubby didn't understand who the geeks wearing glassses were !!!!

Caty

Comment

Okay.. let's see..

On the whole, it was pretty good but could've been better. I liked how it started out at the beginning; but the 2nd half was really confusing O_o

Like, I have so many questions as to how the timeline got so AU based on how SG1 tranveled back and left the video camera and ZPM in the tomb.. maybe something happened to them after that.. I hope they explain it to us; it was generally pretty confusing.

The whole thing with Ra was decent, could've been cooler but it did the job.. and I agree with the person who said his Jaffa should've looked like the ones from the movie. The helmet was great; so glad they kept that

I also noticed Jack didn't seem overly nice in the AU timeline, almost reminded me of movie Jack.

McKay, for his small part, was awesome, too. As was Hammond.

I'm so glad they didn't really shove the shipper crap in our faces; I hope they don't actually TELL us if they're gonna get together or not.. leave it to the viewers to decide, I say, espeically since Jack might not even BE in season 9. That should definately be something that is left up to us... then I can decide not to hear about it anymore... thank goodness!

And now I really wonder how they're going to fix the timeline.... I sure hope everything is explained.

Oh and I can definately see this as being made into one really long epiaode on the DVDs; I already see the two parts as fitting together nicely like Lost City did.

8/10

Can't wait for next week; hoping it'll be better

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          And where is the quantum mirror by the way ? at least before ..when we switched to AU ..it was related to the quantum mirror ..but this time ..the AU comes out of the blue ..No wonder my hubby didn't understand who the geeks wearing glassses were !!!!
          I agree it did come out of the blue, but its AT Alternate Timeline, not AU Alternate Universe because really, its just switching between the past and the present, but because they did some bad stuff in the past, the present we see it different to what it actually should be.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I'm fairly certain the reasoning behind Hammond being only a one star general is that in standard US military policy, commands such as the SGC, are lead by Major Generals (2 stars).

With that said.
            I believe Hammond was a Brigadier General (1 Star) before he was assigned to the SGC. Remember he was about to retire, but was asked to take over the SGC after General West (from the movie) I believe left. They made him a 2 star, which gives him more authority and pay benefits. O'Neill is in command of the SGC now as a Brig. General because he buddy buddy with the President and also that he used to be the XO (executive officer) of the SGC under Hammond.

It seems plausible that way. They do have a military liaison on the show helping them to understand military protocol.
            "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
            *Jack holds up three fingers*
            ------------------------------
            Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
            Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader
              A short while back, SBS (Australia) played a german mini series called "hunt for the lost relic" (or something like that).
              The basic premise was that during an archaelogical dig, a digital camera was found, dated back to the time of Jesus, with a recording, along with the skeleton of a man from "our time".

It was a really good series, and I can't help but see the similarities between the two.

Oh, they showed that in Australia? The original title is "The Jesus Video", a really awful movie that completely missed the point of a really really brilliant book by the same title.

Sorry for the OT, this just jumped at me.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
              it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
              It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
              And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Oh, I get totally confused with the timeline thing - for instance, why would AU DJ and Sam want to do anything for the real SG1?

'Cos, if AU Daniel & Sam are successfull in their quest etc, all they have ever known and hve ever done will cease to exist. I mean it's not like the real SG1 will ever know how their lives could have sucked!

But hey, this ep was totally entertaining - and I think they had to spend a bit of time in AU to make things right, otherwise there would be collective bleating about how superficial the storyline was etc. It's a stand alone concept and I was pleasantly surprised at how funny it was, must've been a laugh for MS and AT to do, 'cos I hardly ever find their humorous eps actually funny.

I'm thinking Mobeius 2 will be mostly AU as well, but I'm still looking forward to it.
                Never go to bed angry. Stay up and plot your revenge!

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader
                  The miniseries you're talking about is an adaptation of a novel by Andreas Eschbach called "Jesus Video". See http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...ach/jesvid.htm (long German info) or http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...e/aenovels.htm (shot English note, among other books).

Comment

hehe, I didnt read the above posts but did anyone else catch Carter calling the timeship a "jumper" - how do they know what Sheppard named it !

Comment

I dident, when did she say it?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        Haven't seen the ep, but what If Sg1 would have just zatted the bad guys, got on the ship, and then went back a day to before the Jaffas found the time ship?

Sally
                        Sam made reference to that question. She said that the "time" machine seemed to work only when the jump was over 100 years. That way the writers don't confuse themselves too much.

Token ~

Comment

do you they find the zpm in the tomb?
                          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                            The original title is "The Jesus Video", a really awful movie that completely missed the point of a really really brilliant book by the same title.
                            Why am I not surprised... (still trying to forget the Sc-Fi Channel version of "Earthsea")

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                              <snip>
                              As for Jack, the lack of a Stargate has prevented his return to the Air Force to liberate Abydos (and therefore has missed out on the consequences of that mission). Instead, he's retreated to the coast to operate (sort of) a Marine Angling tour boat. Given that he is doing this on his own, we must assume I suppose that his son has still died, and his marriage has still foundered - but he's had no focus to recover, so he's drifting. Almost literally, given the state of that boat.

<snip>
                              This is what gets me. If Jack had married Sara, had Charlie, and Charlie killed himself; then wouldn't Jack have possibly still been suicidal? Or maybe he never married Sara, and he was just pathetic in his AT self.

I guess it is just amazing what a 5,000 year time ripple will produce. My brain is a little fried, but does this "time theory" the writers created match with what happened in "1969"? Maybe we won't know until Part 2?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kalinda
                                I'm so glad they didn't really shove the shipper crap in our faces; I hope they don't actually TELL us if they're gonna get together or not.. leave it to the viewers to decide, I say, espeically since Jack might not even BE in season 9. That should definately be something that is left up to us... then I can decide not to hear about it anymore... thank goodness!
                                Since this is a thread they've had in the show for eight years, I think it's time they *did* resolve it one way or the other. and since Jack isn't going to be in season 9+, it's not as if you are going to "hear about it anymore", either way.

(BTW, if they are going to show AU Sam and AU Jack snogging, then that makes it 4 for 4: 4 realities--including "ours"--and S/J find each other in each one!)

J.
                                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Working...
                                X