No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - so I didn't have huge hopes for this episode, and I'm quite glad I didn't, really. I thought it was too slow in moving into the story.

The first few minutes of the episode were great, up until we see the AU characters introduced, I thought from this point everything was too slow. From what we had from both Reckoning and Threads, this first part, really let it down for me. The standard of those two episodes were great, and now, that standard has fallen, unfortunately. I hope better for next weeks episode.

With a bit of luck, part two will return and focus on the real team, not AU, as we spent the entire episode revolving around AU characters, and they could have been dealt with a lot quicker.

OK, when Teal'c dressed up as the Horus guard, that was a really cool special effect, all those little extra parts. Glad to see some of those big masks again. I'd have thought it might have been a little more difficult to steal the ZPM from Ra, but then if he didn't know what it was, I suppose you can't fight for something, if you don't know what you're fighting for.

I think Amanda Tapping done an excellent job at playing her AU character, all the shaky hands bits, how she speaks, facial expression. Great stuff! A few other things are interesting, too;

- Jack's boat is called 'Homer'. It has it engraved on the back.
    - Sam was afraid of stepping on a bug, just what Homer did on a Simpsons, Halloween special episode
    - How did the jumper activate the gate, all the way in Antarctica? I thought they have to be close to the gate?
    - Rodney still enjoys his lemon chicken
    - Rodney still tried hitting on AU Sam, with no success.
    - An image of the Deadulus is shown at the start of the ep.

Overall - I wasn't that impressed by what I see and for this episode to work for me, part two has to blow both Reckoning and Threads right off the picture. Not very big hopes for part two .. but we'll see.
    __

__

Comment

OK, when Teal'c dressed up as the Horus guard, that was a really cool special effect, all those little extra parts.
      Oh, I'd forgotten about that, too. Yes, that was a very cool effect there. And there's just something about Teal'c in one of those birdheaded things...noticed that in Secrets. <g> Did it just get hot in here?

Another nice effect was the sand on the ship. That'll teach them to park in the wrong zone.

Oh and Daniel refusing to sign the non-disclosure agreement, just to be persnickity - while Sam couldn't grab the pen fast enough. That was hilarious.

And Jack's staring at them for a while when they turn up at his boat before asking, "Are you two a couple?"

In the mood to go watch it again now...

Oh and...Steam, I think it was...

yes guys it does get kinda annoying + people seem to find it so fun to quote the entire D*** plots, why, why would you quote all of the plots
      Well, could be because in every episode thread I've ever seen to date there's always someone who has weeks before they can view the episode begging for a transcript or plot summary to be posted. Don't blame the messenger!

And Imhotep - I don't know about you, but I don't have the time to read through 118 posts before I post my own opinion on an episode. I wish I did! But I have a life beyond this forum. So demanding that people do is a bit unreasonable, imo. For me, it's perhaps preferable, but often not practical.

Albion
      Last edited by Albion; 16 February 2005, 01:52 AM.
      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I thought the episdoe was great! It played out so well and it felt just like the old days! Seeing Ra was a bit of a let down because that mask could have been anyone. Meh.

Love the AU bits. It was so nice to see something so different and Davis' moustache!!!! Priceless. Loved the tape idea and bringing in the Gate. It was like what they wanted to show us in Redemption only they did this time! I can't wait for the second part because this story has me really wandering what will happen.

Comment

Just finished it.

Loved it.

Loved nerdy Sam.
          Loved nerdy Daniel wanting them to be a team.
          Loved grouchy Jack.

It felt like a good old fashioned SG1 romp, the excuse for going back in time was a bit limp but the rest of it was corking.

So looking forward to next week.

Foxy
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
            The whole daedaleus thing is strange, I would love to have seen the actual ship though. It looks ALOT like an asgard mothership, inleast in a top down view. I really hope we get to see the real thing next episode.
            The asgard ships generally are kinda flat witha top down profile similar to an anchor and the have two verical fins in the back. This one looks a lot like the prometheus.

Also, I think the first part of moebius alone was already better than threads.
            Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

LOVED IT!

Going to watch it again now!! I loved it SOO much!! Can't WAIT for part two!! Thought Amanda Tapping as Geek Sam was HILARIOUS!! So completely different from our Sam!!

RE: the puddlejumper...I dunno exactly when it happens in the timeline or wat's aired in the UK but on Atlantis (Letters From Pegasus)
              Spoiler:
              they send all their info to Earth in a message, I'm assuming they have the reports & everything by then and know that it IS called a jumper...

Just thought I'd point that out...

Geek Sam & Daniel were SOO funny!!! Thought it was interesting how Hammond was only a Brigadier General....loved seeing him again though!!! And Major Davis with the moustache AHAHA

LOVED Jack's boat being called "HOMER" LOL that was so funny!!!

Highlight for me was Sam's line about the reproductive system!!! LOL hilarious...

OH AND MCKAY!! I love McKay!!!! Squealed when he came onto the screen hehe - and LOVED him hitting on Sam, that was hilarious!! LOL!!!

I guess all the big action stuff happens next week
              That's what I expected...what SG-1 usually does

Overall I give the ep a 9.5/10!!!

Comment

Don't shoot me down for saying this....I've spent too much time reading this forum - i've been corrupted.

At approxiamately 38:40, near the end of the episode, Daniel says to Samantha "Any progress with the ship". This was of course after McKay was interested in Samantha, and had just "made his move".

Daniel did pronounce the word ship differently, as it meant something else.

Perhaps the TPTB have read Gateworld - a gentle rub in the ribs for all who partake in ship threads/discussions.

Comment

May be they should have made this a three parter! May be make it so that their in a desperate situation and a time jump was their only recourse. And no AU in the in the first ep which could end in them knowing they're sorta stranded in the past.

The second ep could start in the AU (after tealcs mandatory "previously on SG1") just to confuse the viewers. The third could be how everything got fixed and have a lot of battles.
                  Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Originally posted by meatspxNZ
                    Don't shoot me down for saying this....I've spent too much time reading this forum - i've been corrupted.

At approxiamately 38:40, near the end of the episode, Daniel says to Samantha "Any progress with the ship". This was of course after McKay was interested in Samantha, and had just "made his move".

Perhaps the TPTB have read Gateworld - a gentle rub in the ribs for all who partake in ship threads/discussions.
                    I didn't notice that. I have to say for me Moebius was a bit of a let-down. I just sat through the whole episode thinking "and... there's gonna be some action any minute now, we'll cut back to the real SG1 and they'll be some big battle or something...right?" I guess not. I just don't see how they can conclude this whole thing in 45 minutes, especially since they don't even seem to have gotten into the main plot yet really. As funny as geek Sam and Daniel are (and kudos to Amanda for her performance ) they're just not *our* SG1!
                    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

That episode was so much fun. I loved it. Everything about it was just right, except Samuels, who had way too little screen time. McKay's cameo... just fantasitc.

Get's a 4 out of 5 from me (because it was too short - I wanted to spend more time with Geek Sam & Geek Daniel), then +1 for McKay and +1 for the Puddle Jumper.

All shows should have Puddle Jumpers. I'm certain that if Enterprise had had Puddle Jumpers, the show wouldn't've been cancelled. I'm also sure that Atlantis' good ratings is due to Puddle Jumpers. Galactica's good ratings are due to people thinking "Hey, Atlantis was so good - maybe this show will have a Puddle Jumper too!". In other words, Puddle Jumpers just make the world a better place.

So, in the end 6 out of 5 (4 + 1 + 1).

BYE
                      "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
                        RE: the puddlejumper...I dunno exactly when it happens in the timeline or wat's aired in the UK but on Atlantis (Letters From Pegasus)
                        Spoiler:
                        they send all their info to Earth in a message, I'm assuming they have the reports & everything by then and know that it IS called a jumper...
                        We should have had that ep last week, but Sky dropped it to make room for the extra half hour of 'Threads'. We saw it last night straight after SG1. I'd guessed something along that line anyway - but that confirmed it.

I thought it was amusing that, despite the changes to the timeline, good old Rodders McKay was still an arrogant bighead! Looks like he's a bit of a perv, too - grabbing Sam's butt not two minutes after being introduced. No wonder Sam was trying to hide from him. Loved the 'Mr Fantastic' on his t-shirt. He still thinks he's one of the world's greatest living scientists - but now he's shoving it in people's faces without even having to open his mouth!

Roll on pt 2. Shame we've got to wait a whole blooming week for it.
                        sigpic

Comment

After all the build up, I'm glad to say I didn't feel let down at all by this episode. I've read a few comments about the second half not being as good as the first, but I certainly enjoyed it. While Sam was every single cliche about "girls who were glasses" - AT did the job beautifully and I smiled all the time she was on screen. It was funny. And Daniel - OMG, greasy hair - eeeewwwww. But for two such "buff people" they geeked up damn well!! I actually found myself saying no!!! when the "to be continued...." came up and I can tell you I haven't done that for a few seasons (except for Reckoning 1 & 2)
                          The only part that I have a gripe with was Ra. As a fan who adored that film and the character of Ra, I thought an integral part of said character was the fact that he was - boylike. Ok we haven't seen his face yet but the fact that he was certainly adult sized was a disappointment. And yes I know that - other actors take over, things change, the film was a long time ago etc etc. Its only a minor gripe and I hope that if Ra has a larger part next week - i'll feel differently.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                            That episode was so much fun. I loved it. Everything about it was just right, except Samuels, who had way too little screen time. McKay's cameo... just fantasitc.

Get's a 4 out of 5 from me (because it was too short - I wanted to spend more time with Geek Sam & Geek Daniel), then +1 for McKay and +1 for the Puddle Jumper.

All shows should have Puddle Jumpers. I'm certain that if Enterprise had had Puddle Jumpers, the show wouldn't've been cancelled. I'm also sure that Atlantis' good ratings is due to Puddle Jumpers. Galactica's good ratings are due to people thinking "Hey, Atlantis was so good - maybe this show will have a Puddle Jumper too!". In other words, Puddle Jumpers just make the world a better place.

So, in the end 6 out of 5 (4 + 1 + 1).

BYE

You and puddle jumpers HSBC
                            The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Originally posted by meatspxNZ

LOL....yeah they do that...I noticed it!!!

But then again I notice things like that

*grins* Just watched most of it again!!

Still love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstPrimeofAnubis
                                He was from SG13

Actually, noting the badge he had on, he was from SG-22

Comment

Working...
                                X