Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Default Re: Moebius, Part 1 (819)

OK - so I didn't have huge hopes for this episode, and I'm quite glad I didn't, really. I thought it was too slow in moving into the story.

The first few minutes of the episode were great, up until we see the AU characters introduced, I thought from this point everything was too slow. From what we had from both Reckoning and Threads, this first part, really let it down for me. The standard of those two episodes were great, and now, that standard has fallen, unfortunately. I hope better for next weeks episode.

With a bit of luck, part two will return and focus on the real team, not AU, as we spent the entire episode revolving around AU characters, and they could have been dealt with a lot quicker.

OK, when Teal'c dressed up as the Horus guard, that was a really cool special effect, all those little extra parts. Glad to see some of those big masks again. I'd have thought it might have been a little more difficult to steal the ZPM from Ra, but then if he didn't know what it was, I suppose you can't fight for something, if you don't know what you're fighting for.

I think Amanda Tapping done an excellent job at playing her AU character, all the shaky hands bits, how she speaks, facial expression. Great stuff! A few other things are interesting, too;

- Jack's boat is called 'Homer'. It has it engraved on the back.
    - Sam was afraid of stepping on a bug, just what Homer did on a Simpsons, Halloween special episode
    - How did the jumper activate the gate, all the way in Antarctica? I thought they have to be close to the gate?
    - Rodney still enjoys his lemon chicken
    - Rodney still tried hitting on AU Sam, with no success.
    - An image of the Deadulus is shown at the start of the ep.

Overall - I wasn't that impressed by what I see and for this episode to work for me, part two has to blow both Reckoning and Threads right off the picture. Not very big hopes for part two .. but we'll see.

Captain

OK, when Teal'c dressed up as the Horus guard, that was a really cool special effect, all those little extra parts.
    Oh, I'd forgotten about that, too. Yes, that was a very cool effect there. And there's just something about Teal'c in one of those birdheaded things...noticed that in Secrets. <g> Did it just get hot in here?

Another nice effect was the sand on the ship. That'll teach them to park in the wrong zone.

Oh and Daniel refusing to sign the non-disclosure agreement, just to be persnickity - while Sam couldn't grab the pen fast enough. That was hilarious.

And Jack's staring at them for a while when they turn up at his boat before asking, "Are you two a couple?"

In the mood to go watch it again now...

Oh and...Steam, I think it was...

yes guys it does get kinda annoying + people seem to find it so fun to quote the entire D*** plots, why, why would you quote all of the plots
    Well, could be because in every episode thread I've ever seen to date there's always someone who has weeks before they can view the episode begging for a transcript or plot summary to be posted. Don't blame the messenger!

And Imhotep - I don't know about you, but I don't have the time to read through 118 posts before I post my own opinion on an episode. I wish I did! But I have a life beyond this forum. So demanding that people do is a bit unreasonable, imo. For me, it's perhaps preferable, but often not practical.

Albion
    Last edited by Albion; February 16th, 2005 at 01:52 AM.
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Second Lieutenant

I thought the episdoe was great! It played out so well and it felt just like the old days! Seeing Ra was a bit of a let down because that mask could have been anyone. Meh.

Love the AU bits. It was so nice to see something so different and Davis' moustache!!!! Priceless. Loved the tape idea and bringing in the Gate. It was like what they wanted to show us in Redemption only they did this time! I can't wait for the second part because this story has me really wandering what will happen.

Just finished it.

Loved it.

Loved nerdy Sam.
    Loved nerdy Daniel wanting them to be a team.
    Loved grouchy Jack.

It felt like a good old fashioned SG1 romp, the excuse for going back in time was a bit limp but the rest of it was corking.

So looking forward to next week.

Foxy

Chief Master Sergeant WormholeAlien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOA
    The whole daedaleus thing is strange, I would love to have seen the actual ship though. It looks ALOT like an asgard mothership, inleast in a top down view. I really hope we get to see the real thing next episode.
    The asgard ships generally are kinda flat witha top down profile similar to an anchor and the have two verical fins in the back. This one looks a lot like the prometheus.

Also, I think the first part of moebius alone was already better than threads.
    Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...HavingMcDs.jpg

First Lieutenant Angel of Fire SG1's Avatar

LOVED IT!

Going to watch it again now!! I loved it SOO much!! Can't WAIT for part two!! Thought Amanda Tapping as Geek Sam was HILARIOUS!! So completely different from our Sam!!

RE: the puddlejumper...I dunno exactly when it happens in the timeline or wat's aired in the UK but on Atlantis (Letters From Pegasus)
    Spoiler:
    they send all their info to Earth in a message, I'm assuming they have the reports & everything by then and know that it IS called a jumper...

Just thought I'd point that out...

Geek Sam & Daniel were SOO funny!!! Thought it was interesting how Hammond was only a Brigadier General....loved seeing him again though!!! And Major Davis with the moustache AHAHA

LOVED Jack's boat being called "HOMER" LOL that was so funny!!!

Highlight for me was Sam's line about the reproductive system!!! LOL hilarious...

OH AND MCKAY!! I love McKay!!!! Squealed when he came onto the screen hehe - and LOVED him hitting on Sam, that was hilarious!! LOL!!!

I guess all the big action stuff happens next week
    That's what I expected...what SG-1 usually does

Overall I give the ep a 9.5/10!!!

Don't shoot me down for saying this....I've spent too much time reading this forum - i've been corrupted.

At approxiamately 38:40, near the end of the episode, Daniel says to Samantha "Any progress with the ship". This was of course after McKay was interested in Samantha, and had just "made his move".

Daniel did pronounce the word ship differently, as it meant something else.

Perhaps the TPTB have read Gateworld - a gentle rub in the ribs for all who partake in ship threads/discussions.

Chief Master Sergeant WormholeAlien's Avatar

May be they should have made this a three parter! May be make it so that their in a desperate situation and a time jump was their only recourse. And no AU in the in the first ep which could end in them knowing they're sorta stranded in the past.

The second ep could start in the AU (after tealcs mandatory "previously on SG1") just to confuse the viewers. The third could be how everything got fixed and have a lot of battles.
    Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...HavingMcDs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by meatspxNZ
    Don't shoot me down for saying this....I've spent too much time reading this forum - i've been corrupted.

At approxiamately 38:40, near the end of the episode, Daniel says to Samantha "Any progress with the ship". This was of course after McKay was interested in Samantha, and had just "made his move".

Perhaps the TPTB have read Gateworld - a gentle rub in the ribs for all who partake in ship threads/discussions.
    I didn't notice that. I have to say for me Moebius was a bit of a let-down. I just sat through the whole episode thinking "and... there's gonna be some action any minute now, we'll cut back to the real SG1 and they'll be some big battle or something...right?" I guess not. I just don't see how they can conclude this whole thing in 45 minutes, especially since they don't even seem to have gotten into the main plot yet really. As funny as geek Sam and Daniel are (and kudos to Amanda for her performance ) they're just not *our* SG1!
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

That episode was so much fun. I loved it. Everything about it was just right, except Samuels, who had way too little screen time. McKay's cameo... just fantasitc.

Get's a 4 out of 5 from me (because it was too short - I wanted to spend more time with Geek Sam & Geek Daniel), then +1 for McKay and +1 for the Puddle Jumper.

All shows should have Puddle Jumpers. I'm certain that if Enterprise had had Puddle Jumpers, the show wouldn't've been cancelled. I'm also sure that Atlantis' good ratings is due to Puddle Jumpers. Galactica's good ratings are due to people thinking "Hey, Atlantis was so good - maybe this show will have a Puddle Jumper too!". In other words, Puddle Jumpers just make the world a better place.

So, in the end 6 out of 5 (4 + 1 + 1).

BYE
    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Fire SG1
    RE: the puddlejumper...I dunno exactly when it happens in the timeline or wat's aired in the UK but on Atlantis (Letters From Pegasus)
    Spoiler:
    they send all their info to Earth in a message, I'm assuming they have the reports & everything by then and know that it IS called a jumper...
    We should have had that ep last week, but Sky dropped it to make room for the extra half hour of 'Threads'. We saw it last night straight after SG1. I'd guessed something along that line anyway - but that confirmed it.

I thought it was amusing that, despite the changes to the timeline, good old Rodders McKay was still an arrogant bighead! Looks like he's a bit of a perv, too - grabbing Sam's butt not two minutes after being introduced. No wonder Sam was trying to hide from him. Loved the 'Mr Fantastic' on his t-shirt. He still thinks he's one of the world's greatest living scientists - but now he's shoving it in people's faces without even having to open his mouth!

Roll on pt 2. Shame we've got to wait a whole blooming week for it.

After all the build up, I'm glad to say I didn't feel let down at all by this episode. I've read a few comments about the second half not being as good as the first, but I certainly enjoyed it. While Sam was every single cliche about "girls who were glasses" - AT did the job beautifully and I smiled all the time she was on screen. It was funny. And Daniel - OMG, greasy hair - eeeewwwww. But for two such "buff people" they geeked up damn well!! I actually found myself saying no!!! when the "to be continued...." came up and I can tell you I haven't done that for a few seasons (except for Reckoning 1 & 2)
    The only part that I have a gripe with was Ra. As a fan who adored that film and the character of Ra, I thought an integral part of said character was the fact that he was - boylike. Ok we haven't seen his face yet but the fact that he was certainly adult sized was a disappointment. And yes I know that - other actors take over, things change, the film was a long time ago etc etc. Its only a minor gripe and I hope that if Ra has a larger part next week - i'll feel differently.

Chief Master Sergeant Fox McCloud's Avatar

Earth Symbol Re: Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlu
    That episode was so much fun. I loved it. Everything about it was just right, except Samuels, who had way too little screen time. McKay's cameo... just fantasitc.

Get's a 4 out of 5 from me (because it was too short - I wanted to spend more time with Geek Sam & Geek Daniel), then +1 for McKay and +1 for the Puddle Jumper.

All shows should have Puddle Jumpers. I'm certain that if Enterprise had had Puddle Jumpers, the show wouldn't've been cancelled. I'm also sure that Atlantis' good ratings is due to Puddle Jumpers. Galactica's good ratings are due to people thinking "Hey, Atlantis was so good - maybe this show will have a Puddle Jumper too!". In other words, Puddle Jumpers just make the world a better place.

So, in the end 6 out of 5 (4 + 1 + 1).

BYE

You and puddle jumpers HSBC
    The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

First Lieutenant Angel of Fire SG1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by meatspxNZ

LOL....yeah they do that...I noticed it!!!

But then again I notice things like that

*grins* Just watched most of it again!!

Still love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FirstPrimeofAnubis
    He was from SG13

Actually, noting the badge he had on, he was from SG-22

Staff Sergeant

Default Re: moebius part 1 ( pt 2 next week)? loads of spoilers so be warned

A short while back, SBS (Australia) played a german mini series called "hunt for the lost relic" (or something like that).
    The basic premise was that during an archaelogical dig, a digital camera was found, dated back to the time of Jesus, with a recording, along with the skeleton of a man from "our time".

It was a really good series, and I can't help but see the similarities between the two.

The 1st part was great with the ancient Egypt .. I loved seeing them in the puddlejumper ..leaping .....walikng in the desert ,, stealing the ZPM and them ...zap ...nada for the rest of the epsiode ...I was looking forward to the next scene ...but nada from the ancient Egypt ..and instead Shame I had to suffer through the AU scenes

the AU dragged on and on and on and on an on ..boring .
    And how annoying can TPTB become with the Sam and Jack crap ?
    I mean the little brushing of the hand in the briefing room ..allright let's all be sublte ..we don't want the anti-shippers to notice than Sam and Jack are getting together Their little game is really sick ..so far in season 8.. AND I'm fed up to see Daniel's face .

I refuse to watch Atlantis to see that kind of things happening over there too.
    Mobius 2 is gonna be all over the shop ...I mean they have only 45 minutes now to save the team and give us a good Sam and Jack scene ..We know that the AU are over there too ..and to be honest I had enough of them in Mobius part 1 .they are so out of characters than even a kiss between AU sam and Jack is gonna make me puke ..I'm really fed up of TPTB's little game ..and it looks like they'll give us the last 2 minutes betwen Real Sam and Jack ..I hope I see a kiss in the ancient Egypt jail between Real Sam and Jack..just before he he is taken away ..I never wanted an "I love you" but now I demand it ..After all Daniel said it to Sharee in a very romantic scene in earlier episodes and it was Stargate related .

I thought it was sick to spend so much time with the AU Sam and Daniel ..and yeah there were funny ..but I got enough of them after 5 minutes . Also my hubby who is not a spoiler addict didn't even understand who the AU were ..He thought it was the real team before they went into SGC ...just to say that it was very unclear .

The editing of that episode was atrocious ...about the 2 stories

I have lost my admiration to TPTB and the Stargate shows .
    Why didn't they edit some of the AU stuff ..FCOL?!

I like comic episodes but the comic of the ealier seasons ...not that episode particularly .

If do rewatch that episode ..I will only do so until they find the ZPM and you see the team walking away in the desert ..I will never ever watch the AU stuff of that episode .
    And where is the quantum mirror by the way ? at least before ..when we switched to AU ..it was related to the quantum mirror ..but this time ..the AU comes out of the blue ..No wonder my hubby didn't understand who the geeks wearing glassses were !!!!

Caty

Earth Symbol Re: Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Okay.. let's see..

On the whole, it was pretty good but could've been better. I liked how it started out at the beginning; but the 2nd half was really confusing O_o

Like, I have so many questions as to how the timeline got so AU based on how SG1 tranveled back and left the video camera and ZPM in the tomb.. maybe something happened to them after that.. I hope they explain it to us; it was generally pretty confusing.

The whole thing with Ra was decent, could've been cooler but it did the job.. and I agree with the person who said his Jaffa should've looked like the ones from the movie. The helmet was great; so glad they kept that

I also noticed Jack didn't seem overly nice in the AU timeline, almost reminded me of movie Jack.

McKay, for his small part, was awesome, too. As was Hammond.

I'm so glad they didn't really shove the shipper crap in our faces; I hope they don't actually TELL us if they're gonna get together or not.. leave it to the viewers to decide, I say, espeically since Jack might not even BE in season 9. That should definately be something that is left up to us... then I can decide not to hear about it anymore... thank goodness!

And now I really wonder how they're going to fix the timeline.... I sure hope everything is explained.

Oh and I can definately see this as being made into one really long epiaode on the DVDs; I already see the two parts as fitting together nicely like Lost City did.

8/10

Can't wait for next week; hoping it'll be better

Quote Originally Posted by Catysg1
    And where is the quantum mirror by the way ? at least before ..when we switched to AU ..it was related to the quantum mirror ..but this time ..the AU comes out of the blue ..No wonder my hubby didn't understand who the geeks wearing glassses were !!!!
    I agree it did come out of the blue, but its AT Alternate Timeline, not AU Alternate Universe because really, its just switching between the past and the present, but because they did some bad stuff in the past, the present we see it different to what it actually should be.

Chief Master Sergeant MrBojangles's Avatar

I'm fairly certain the reasoning behind Hammond being only a one star general is that in standard US military policy, commands such as the SGC, are lead by Major Generals (2 stars).

With that said.
    I believe Hammond was a Brigadier General (1 Star) before he was assigned to the SGC. Remember he was about to retire, but was asked to take over the SGC after General West (from the movie) I believe left. They made him a 2 star, which gives him more authority and pay benefits. O'Neill is in command of the SGC now as a Brig. General because he buddy buddy with the President and also that he used to be the XO (executive officer) of the SGC under Hammond.

It seems plausible that way. They do have a military liaison on the show helping them to understand military protocol.
    "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
    *Jack holds up three fingers*
    ------------------------------
    Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
    Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"