Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Athena get Boomer's memories before Boomer is dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does Athena get Boomer's memories before Boomer is dead?

I'm watching the series for the first time and this is a huge plot hole that has really been bugging me and somewhat ruining the story. Cylon's aren't supposed to "download" their memories back to the Cylon base until they are killed..yet the Athena on Caprica who meets up with Helo seems to have most of Boomer's memories of being on Galactica..and she has the memories MONTHS BEFORE Boomer is killed.

Can someone kindly explain so I can put this past me and finish season 2 in peace? lol
    Last edited by battlestarnoob; 04 August 2009, 04:22 AM.

The writers hadn't quite worked out the kinks of downloading then. Just take it as-is and go in peace
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't think she has all of the memories, does she remember getting hot and heavy with the chief? I haven't watched the earlier episodes in ages so forgive me if I can't remember..

But I would think that the cylons put in a kinda failsafe that the sleeper agent would send them a communicae every few weeks and wouldn't remember doing it at all... like boomer did other stuff like that didn't she, I remember something about a bomb under her seat? Surely the cylons would want to know the progress of their agents or have some way of keeping tabs on them....

Anyway this could fill that plot hole quite nicely.
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

damn. you know i wondered this myself a few months back and i came up with a very plausible hypothesis..........but i can't remember it now. i'll try and piece it together again.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

i assumed she doesn't so much have her memories, just information, the cylon (doral) on on Galactica couyld have been relaying information to the caprica based cylons about what boomer was doing.
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X