No announcement yet.

Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a d'oh! moment. Just realised why Jack, in the never-before-seen flashbackie clip seemed so out of it when he was telling Daniel that Apophis wasn't dead after all; he was having a Joe vision!

Did anyone else catch that or am I just really slow?

Also, I don't have a problem with Jack not reporting having Joe visions, because he probably had most of them while he was relaxing with a beer.

But it makes you wonder: did Jack see Joe telling everyone his stories? Did Jack imagine that Joe was his muse?
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
      You seem to have missed the little words on the bottom of the screen telling how many years ago the event occurred. When it said 7 years ago he was like 7, then it said 3 years ago and he was like 16.

Exactly I didn't miss the point at all just thought child went from young (looked about 6 or 7) to about 17 in the time span which cleverly included clips from the point Daniel found the stone to present, ie about 6 years. By the way the new clip could have had Daniel with his arm in a sling to make it more authentic.

And yes I am well aware that Stargate has clip shows every season and I will watch said shows several times and really like Disclosure which at least had some of the cast telling the story. And am well aware there is a need for it financially.

However for the first time I feel cheated. Not because Dan didn't do a good job with what he did or that some of the lines weren't funny, but because I found three quarters of it exceedingly boring. Something my long suffering friends (yes I can relate to Joe) at work found quite surprising today!
      jan t

Comment

Can't believe it !
        A few hours ago, I saw Bruce Woloshyn (the Stargate Digital
        Effects Superviser from Rainmaker) in "The Gift" [Atlantis 1.18]
        ===> See my post HERE

And now, I just saw Bruce in another cameo.
        This time he's in "Citizen Joe" ! My God he's everywhere !

Comment

Okaaay. I just finished watching this and I'm afraid I have absolutely nothing good to say about it all.

Jack's been having visions for 7 years about a barber in Indiana and yet he not only never said anything, but he didn't recognise his 'vision' when it showed up in his kitchen with a toy gun???

Someone said somewhere: either ship or get off the pot. The writers are playing games with Jack and Sam, and it's really getting old. Something Brad Wright promised was resolved and done with in D&C has turned stagnant and smelly. I don't care how they finish it, I wish they'd just do it, so we can get back to stories about the Stargate and the team, WHOEVER they end up being at this point, going through it. And leave the love lives of everyone out of the show!

Daniel talks too fast and seems to have acquired a strange habit of jerking and twitching. He's also turning into a sarcastic mini-jack and that's not a Daniel I recognise.

I don't llike episodes centering on guest characters, even if it is a clip show---especially if it's a clip show. I could care less about Joe and his family.

So Joe now has the ancient gene, too. Wow. Something that started out as mystical and totally awesome back in Fifth Race, Maternal Instinct and Meridian is now just a silly, convenient plot device. What a shame.

2 out of 10 only because Daniel was actually in this one.

When you send me my red squares, at least sign your name.

Dana Jeanne
          Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Finally saw "Citizen Joe" Today. I'm ready to put out my opinion.
            Things I Liked:
            1. The weren't that many clips and they functioned well (as in "Letters to Pegasus" did)
            2. A nice story with a happy ending in my opinion.
            3. WORMHOLE X-TREME! We see it yet again!
            4. I loved watching the clip of "The Lost City" with the battle over Antarctica - I was looking for MM's ship though!

Things I Didn't Like:
            1. Joe's mention of the Simpsons and Mr. Burns as a Goa'uld in the end.
            2. The episode tended to move slow from about the middle to close to the end.
            3. The reaction of the people in the shop - I've hardly ever heard bad-mouthing of Stargate!
            4. Joe naming all his stories after the actual titles of the shows.

Good Quotes/Moments:
            1. The pronunciation of "Goa'uld" in the barbershop! Funny!
            2. Joe's reaction to seeing Daniel in "Abyss".
            3. Joe's other reaction to the battle while in the park.
            4. "You got game, son!" I don't believe he's seen Joe's life and hasn't told us!!

So, I'd give it a 7/10. Pretty good for a "clip show", but nothing like "Letters to Pegasus".

Next Week: "Reckoning, Part 1"! Bring on the next 5. "Reckoning, Pt 1 and 2", "Threads", "Moebius 1 and 2"

Comment

While I enjoyed this ep, there's one thing I don't get. If the stones only worked when Jack/Joe were in proximity to them, then how did Joe know about Anubis? Somehow, I doubt Jack had it in his pocket when he went to Taonas, or when he was frozen....

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                Okaaay. I just finished watching this and I'm afraid I have absolutely nothing good to say about it all.

Jack's been having visions for 7 years about a barber in Indiana and yet he not only never said anything, but he didn't recognise his 'vision' when it showed up in his kitchen with a toy gun???

Someone said somewhere: either ship or get off the pot. The writers are playing games with Jack and Sam, and it's really getting old. Something Brad Wright promised was resolved and done with in D&C has turned stagnant and smelly. I don't care how they finish it, I wish they'd just do it, so we can get back to stories about the Stargate and the team, WHOEVER they end up being at this point, going through it. And leave the love lives of everyone out of the show!

Daniel talks too fast and seems to have acquired a strange habit of jerking and twitching. He's also turning into a sarcastic mini-jack and that's not a Daniel I recognise.

I don't llike episodes centering on guest characters, even if it is a clip show---especially if it's a clip show. I could care less about Joe and his family.

So Joe now has the ancient gene, too. Wow. Something that started out as mystical and totally awesome back in Fifth Race, Maternal Instinct and Meridian is now just a silly, convenient plot device. What a shame.

2 out of 10 only because Daniel was actually in this one.

When you send me my red squares, at least sign your name.

Dana Jeanne
                Completely agree with everything you said. This episode was a horrible piece of crap.

As clip shows go, I'd say it was better than say, Politics, but that's it. Disclosure is still my favourite there because that actually had important plot points in it! As opposed to this which just has some guy (who I didn't even like) going around, acting like an idiot. I was bored after 10 minutes.

Season 7 was a ridiculous joke, and S8 started the same. The last 5-6 episodes though have been quite good (excluding Prometheus Unbound with Claudia Black: another awful character that TPTB have stupidly made sex-obsessed (in a VERY VERY childish and immature way), what is this The OC?

Luckily the remaining episodes of the season look to be quite good, so fingers crossed.

Everyone keeps moaning about Daniel's hair 'not looking right' in the flashback scene... erm, what about Jack's GREY hair????

I'll say it again, the whole 'Jack's been having visions for 7 years' made this already bad episode even worse.

PLEASE PLEASE LET SG-1 FINISH AT SEASON 9!!!!... While it has an ounce of quality left in it!!! I really dread to think what Season 9 is going to be like with little Jack, no Sam for a bit, Daniel aka Jack-Lite. Ben Browder (they should have brought back Jonas), and that horrible character Vala, no Hammond and no Janet.

Comment

It's not confusing, it's complex!

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                  of 'Citizen Joe'

Hm. I guess the writers decided to combine this year's clip show with this year's "humor" episode. And it works! The entire episode is really one big gag, but it's a great one. Bordering on self-parody, the show has as at least as many references to itself as 'Wormhole X-Treme' - which, we now learn, was cancelled after one episode (Heh heh heh!).

And the self-references don't stop there - far from it! As Joe tells his friends and family about the adventures of SG-1, he promises follow-ups to the Furlings, the Re'tu and Laira (though he doesn't reveal the answer to whether or not she was "with child").

I'd been looking forward to seeing Dan Castellaneta on the show, and he doesn't disappoint. Gotta wonder, though, why Jack doesn't notice that Joe Spencer the barber resembles the guy who does the voice of Homer Simpson? Especially after Joe reminds him of his Simpsons obsession (and even refers to the Simpsons reference in 'Lost City'!).

Random observations!
                  - Nice funny tie in with last week's episode when Daniel says it's the second week in a row that someone has broken in to Jack's house...
                  - References to Jonas, Pete, Hathor, Seth and, uh, Mary Steenburgen.
                  - Flashback to a time in which Daniel had his classic season 1 / season 2 long hair. Nicely done.
                  - So, admit it - who reacted pretty much the same way Joe did when they saw 'Meridian'? Come on, show of hands...
                  - So does this mean it was the NID who killed the reporter in 'Secrets'? Nice that they finally adressed that particular plot point which has not even been mentioned since it happened. (Missed opportunity: Joe was his source! We never did find out who it really was.)

Fun all around! A good thing too, because judging by the spoilers, it will probably be getting pretty serious from here on and through the rest of the season. Bring it on!
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Nurgle
                    While I enjoyed this ep, there's one thing I don't get. If the stones only worked when Jack/Joe were in proximity to them, then how did Joe know about Anubis? Somehow, I doubt Jack had it in his pocket when he went to Taonas, or when he was frozen....
                    It was mentioned Joe probably got the information when Jack was writing his reports with the stone sitting upstairs at the SGC, rather than actually going through the action, remember Jack was miffed that all the stories he/Joe had written were rejected.
                    jan t

Comment

yeah...that guy Armin something who got killed. He was a reporter so he probably had ties with magazine editors and stuff. Maybe he came across one of Joe's stories and had previous knowledge of something going on (them pesky journalists know too much) and decided to investigate. Joe could very well be his unknowing source

Since they cancelled Wormhole Xtreme, maybe Joe could write a new series...closer to the truth "Gate to The Heavens, the adventures of an Army team, GTH-1, as they travel to other planets and face the evil, Gor'alds and their leader Zeus!" Or something
                      May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                        ...Daniel talks too fast and seems to have acquired a strange habit of jerking and twitching. He's also turning into a sarcastic mini-jack and that's not a Daniel I recognise...

Dana Jeanne
                        I know what you mean. Michael Shanks has great diction, and he delivers the lines in a very cool way, to say the least, but sometimes I have to rewind the tape or DVD, or strain to understand what he's saying.

Mostly, I notice Daniel talks too quickly when he's either explaining something with complicated historical references, or when he's being witty. Both are great parts of Daniel's character, however, so I just take the "fast-talking" as a part of Daniel's character. From what I've seen, MS talks at a normal pace.

Comment

I enjoyed it. Not stellar but fun.

Liked Brother's Grimm Repro (a double pun - bonus points for that).
                          There is a great shot of Joe lounging in a chair in his vest where he is posed just like Homer.
                          The team banter was smashing and just for a moment, I really thought Jack was about to admit his love for Selma!

I think the writers were pretty even handed in their lampooning of the fans and of their own writing over the years.

Citizen Joe's no Benny Russel, but he was fun non the less.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jantreeuk1
                            It was mentioned Joe probably got the information when Jack was writing his reports with the stone sitting upstairs at the SGC, rather than actually going through the action, remember Jack was miffed that all the stories he/Joe had written were rejected.
                            Good point, but flawed. Since Joe didn't always know how the "story" ended, it seems more likely he was experiencing it in real-time.

Comment

I loved how you'll only be able to get all the jokes if you're a real Stargate geek. Like, how when Joe started telling the 'Fail Safe' story, the guy he told it to used the same 'I've seen the movie, it hits Paris' joke that Jack did back then. And how all Joe's "stories" had the same titles as their respective episodes did...

Comment

Originally posted by Nurgle
                                Good point, but flawed. Since Joe didn't always know how the "story" ended, it seems more likely he was experiencing it in real-time.
                                It takes time to write a good report too, you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X