No announcement yet.

Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What i think TPTB were trying to get across with the whole "how many times can the go'ould attack earth" angle in the ep, is them relating to creating new bad guys in S9 and hopefully diverting away from "teh ev1l Gooooold!!!1"

And the Furling part could also be about them relighting old stories.
    The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

if we rekindle new plots, lets go deal with the reetou REALLY clear all old threads!! lol

i gotta say tho that
      'burns as goa'uld, i can see that!!' how funny is that tho, gotta have a simpsons connection in the ep, i bet RDA must have loved havin homer on set

Comment

I had several laugh out loud moments! I thought the scene in the infirmary at SGC was really funny
        "Don't worry I won't say anything about your feelings for ..." Carter walks in
        "That whole Pete Shanahan thing" Carters face was a picture.
        and when he asked Teal'c didn't he used to be a bit more "golden"!
        Loads of in jokes for the fans, and I think I spotted a few familiar faces amongst the Grimm Brother removal men.
        I loved the way Dan Castellanetta played Joe, you really believed he was devestated when Daniel died. I loved the way that the stories had the same titles as the episodes.
        I also got the feeling that maybe they were having a gentle dig at how involved the fans get with the show.
        I really, really enjoyed it.

Comment

did anyone notice that O'Neill's shoes were some sort of trainer type, platform sneaker type werid shoe, n not a proper dress shoe? least it didnt look that way to me....

Comment

Originally posted by captianspiffy
            (although how dodgey did daniel's hair look when they did the flashback to tbftgog, tho not actual flashback, it looked so greesy!!!! - hope it dont look that greesy in moebius)
            Everyone seems to be moaning about the style of Daniels hair, what about the colour of O'Neills for ****s sake.

Comment

That was the best clip show they've ever done!

Joe is SG fandom personified! Loved all the stuff people were saying about his stories - the team dynamic isn't what it used to be, Furlings sound cute, like Ewoks - ROFL!! Poor Joe when Daniel died!
              Dan Castellanetta played him really well!

Nice that they did actually mention Jonas, but they could have thrown a clip of him in there...

ROFL @ Jack seeing his life for 7 years and not thinking it was strange...Joe looked chuffed when he said it was relaxing!

Daniel's 'hair' in that flashback

Cute conversation between Sam & Jack on the phone, and loved the 'I won't say anything about your feelings for...' and 'about the whole Pete Shanahan thing...'

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                That was the best clip show they've ever done!

Joe is SG fandom personified! Loved all the stuff people were saying about his stories - the team dynamic isn't what it used to be, Furlings sound cute, like Ewoks - ROFL!! Poor Joe when Daniel died!
                Dan Castellanetta played him really well!

Nice that they did actually mention Jonas, but they could have thrown a clip of him in there...

ROFL @ Jack seeing his life for 7 years and not thinking it was strange...Joe looked chuffed when he said it was relaxing!

Daniel's 'hair' in that flashback

Cute conversation between Sam & Jack on the phone, and loved the 'I won't say anything about your feelings for...' and 'about the whole Pete Shanahan thing...'
                Good deal! I am SO glad that they've managed to make every episode of this last part of the season A-rate!

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
                  I found it amusing when we found out Jack has been having visions of parts of the life of a babour in Indiana for 7 years and never mentioned it to anyone
                  That was horrible!! I can't believe that, I SO wished they hadn't put that in.

Jack is now even more of an idiot than I thought he was. I think I may just choose to ignore what they said.

Comment

Lets just say this now both Daniel and Jack's hair were awful! Lol that in itself made me laugh.

I loved the was that DC was us- all of us in differant forms. The people who think we should just give up now, the people who just want more and more and more.... there were also some really clever questions put in ones that we were all wandering i think it was a really brave step to do this and include teh critisisms and hey you never know a stargate producer could be lurking here right now. I loved the ep- i concidered iit to be shippy- i loved the first scene- how the hell do egg and beer go together? Again I loved seeing Jack at home and the scene with teh gun was SO FUNNY!! lol, his gun wasn't even real? who did he think he was ambushing? When he was meeting the whole team i was in stitches it was sooo funny!! I just loved the whole show 10/10 and well done at least we know they're listening wether they choose to do anything about those things however....

Comment

"Hey...i keep having these....visons....of a Barber...kinda like...getting on with his life..." - Jack
                      "Your F**** crazy" - Everyone

*1 day later Jack is in a mental institute*

Thats probably why he didnt tell anyone.
                      The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Meh, didn't like it too much. Bit boring and repetitive. Definately prefered Disclosure for a clip show. Joe got VERY annoying after a while, and as I said, that whole thing about Jack having visions of Joe's life for the past 7-8 years was ridiculous.

4/10

Comment

Sorry just can't see it. As far as I am concerned that was rubbish. I will watch it again as I always give them a second chance but I already knew the story, have the dvds so do not need clips and didn't like Joe, his wife or his son who obviously had a nannite induced growth spurt. I know it picked up on lots of the fans sayings and questions but the first laugh it got from me was about three quarters of the way through when Daniel first came in and exchanged with Jack about his security. I have never given any episode a worse than 'good' but this I would give the 'worst episode ever'. I wasn't expecting great but my hope was that with Rob Cooper writing it might have been saved, but no. I'm sure the last five will see a revival but this one will not be on my regular viewing list. Can we expect a Simpsons based on SG-1 now please?
                          jan t
                          jan t

Comment

Originally posted by Pknuts
                            That was horrible!! I can't believe that, I SO wished they hadn't put that in.

Jack is now even more of an idiot than I thought he was. I think I may just choose to ignore what they said.
                            This. I will admit was my only gripe with what was otherwise a really great episode. Flashback episodes rarely have a story to them, let alone characters that you really actually liked and this one, while going through the seasons managed to have an actual story to it.

The part at the end where you realised Jack had been seeing these things for 7 years was lame to say the least (they could have simply explained it as a one way link) and was only saved by "You got game son."

There were so many parts I liked (I was going to try not to mention Daniel's hair in that clip but it was so damned bad that you just have to) so here's a run down of a few:

1. That the gun Joe was using was actually a fake ("But mine isn't!")
                            2. That he cried when Daniel died
                            3. How he reacted when he saw he was still alive in 'Abyss'
                            4. That there were comments on which of his stories were not as good as others (though i have to admit i actually kinda like 'The Light') and that the team had lost its dynamic somewhere along the way.
                            5. When Joe had to cover his tracks by saying that he would write more stories about the Re'tu, Lara and the furlings. (which i think we all wish for)
                            6. His greeting to Teal'c and subsequent mention that he wasn't as gold (though if i'm stil mentioning hair, i think it looked better when it was a little shorter!)
                            7. His guy in the barbers who couldn't pronounce 'Goa'uld'. Damn funny!
                            8. That it was discovered that Joe's memories had been coming when Jack was writing his reports. It made it much more plausible that he was able to write them down so easily.
                            9. The wormhole extreme bit was good, and a nice tie in, as you had to wonder whatever happened to the show (though i wonder what martin's doing now?)
                            10. When Joe greeted Sam and Daniel ('That Pete Shannahan thing?' and 'I'm so glad you're back with SG-1, not that there was anything wrong with Jonas')
                            11. When discussing that Joe had the Ancient gene "Just know that I'd be willing to sit in that chair in Antarctica and fire those weapons if you need me to!"

I would finally like to add that on top of this being a great clips show and a seriously interesting way of acknowledging that so many things have happened as well as some obvious thoughts of the fans, it was nice for more of the O'Neill Simpsons thing. "Goa'uld as burns' - i still don't get it.

Just two other things to add.

1. I have to wonder what was going through Joe's mind on three other occassions:
                            1. when Jack had the ancient repositories downloaded into his mind
                            2. when Jack was in the time loop
                            3. when he was frozen in antarctica - did Joe just have a couple of months break from the visions?

and finally, did anyone else notice how clearly visible AT's bump was in this episode. You couldn't see nothing in Full Alert, but it was clear as day in Citizen Joe. I have to wonder if they're just going to hide her behind a desk for most of the rest of the series, or if this was filmed further along the line.

and that's all folks!

Comment

There's not really much I can say about this ep other than the fact that it was a big mistake and goes one-on-one with Chimera for worst ep of all time!

I'm 50/50 on Jack having vision of an Indiana barber's life and not caring.

You can do better than this guys!
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlueDragon
                                i was about to watch it when the channel (sky one) went black and is still on now through atlantis meanin i miss both
                                If it happens again, and it most likely will, pull the power supply from your satalite box, wait a few moments and re-connect it. After a few moments you should be back on air. It's not a sky transmission problem, its a sky receiver problem.

There are several software bugs that cause the box to crash. at one point ours crashed every week at exactly two minutes past eight on a tuesday. bloody typical!!!
                                Last edited by Davinder; 18 January 2005, 03:53 PM.
                                That would explain how we went from "Your a pig, but I like your cat" to "I missed you"

Comment

Working...
                                X