X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good or not I´m dying to see it.
    <mod snip>
    ana
    Last edited by David; 18 January 2005, 08:23 PM.
    " I was never their age"

Comment

I was pleasently supprised by this ep. I thought it was great. Its much better than a politition threathening to shut down sgc. Ahh, happy memories.

The guy who plays Homer, nice guy pretty funny.

Sy~
      A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my sued jacket...
      "You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" She sneered. I replied in a psychotic tone...
      "I diddnt know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you to!"

Sy~

Comment

Oh yeah, the episode

Like preperation H, it was very good on the whole.

A nice, laugh out loud episode that doesn't take itself too seriously before a three and a half parter and the two part season finale.

It relied a little more on clips, unlike it's atlantis equivelent, but I think there was much less reused material than in previous clip shows. Am i right?

It was a nice satire of the stargate fandom and the writers themselves, and it proved that TPTB do listen to our quiet little voices.

I admit that in the first ten minutes I got a bad "changeling" vibe (the only SG-1 episode that made me want to bury my head in a vat of symbiotes) but after a while it grew on me until I was laughing like a nutcase.

And as for Jack not mentioning the visions of a barber for seven years, its quite simple:
        As a person who saves the world at least once a year and who's actions more often than not, effect an entire galaxy, it would not be unusual to think that he would phantasise about having a normal life. It would also not be unusual for jack to keep quiet about said visions for risk of being throwin in the special place for nutters who dream about barbers!!

That is my rambling done, I appologise for spelling, attitude and everything, one two many ciders
        That would explain how we went from "Your a pig, but I like your cat" to "I missed you"

Comment

*waits for COMPLETE summary*

please?

Comment

For a clip show, this was a great episode. Lots of humour for the hard core stargate fans. I particularly liked that they mentioned some of the more obscure, forgotten episodes (Retu, 100 Days, Politiics). I did feel bad for Joe that his life soured that much and that is the main reason why I disliked that Jack had been seeing visions of Joe (although that sort of makes sense); so Jack saw Joe's life get turned upside down but didn't care to do anything about that? You would figure he might had stop by Indiana on one of his fishing trip to track down and help the guy.

Q

P.S. I didn't think "Holiday" was anywhere as bad as "The Sentinels" and "The Light".
            I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

I cringed through much of it. I laughed out loud maybe three or four times, there were some really funny lines (The only ones I can remember are "you could try locking your front door" and "Alarm?"). But overall this is an episode I can definitely do without.

Madeleine

Comment

I have decidedly mixed feelings about "Citizen Joe".

On the one hand, I agree that the writers were definitely catering to longtime fans with all the inside jokes and sly references regarding the "quality" of the stories. Dan Castellaneta was excellent -- with his natural voice, even!

Yet, as the annual budget-saving clip show, it remains to be seen whether anything significant comes from this episode. Will those two Ancient stone devices play a future role? Will Joe or the naturally-occurring Ancient gene have any importance now that [Atlantis spoiler]
                Spoiler:
                we have the ability to give some people the gene artificially?

If nothing really significant comes from this episode, then I would consider it a funny though ultimately forgettable puff piece and a waste of an opportunity to advance the series mythology and story arc in an already shortened season (20 eps from 22). Hopefully, at the very least, the references to the Re'tu, the Foothold aliens, Jonas, and the Furlings, are indicators that some abandoned storylines may yet see new life in season 9. If so, we may forgive them for showing a clip from Wormhole X-treme and for giving Teal'c, Sam and Daniel fewer original lines of dialogue than Joe's two assistants.
                To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Very funny episode, loved the phone convo between Sam and Jack at the start lol beer in
                  omlates! and neither on of them having any thing on that weekend.

Loved the furling comment about "cute" and "fuzzy" and ewoks, i think tptb hang out on the
                  internet alot more than i thought!)

I could hear somtimes Homer's voice coming through and thought it funny that Joe was just
                  in a vest some of the time.

As a Sam and Jack shipper i loved that lst part
                  when Joe was telling Jack that he's knows about
                  Jack's feelings for----- and in walks Sam!

Just one thing wrong' i did miss seeing more of
                  sg1 through out the storybut other than that i
                  enjoyed it
                  ......TARA......

Comment

That was one of the best episodes EVER !!!!
                    Dan Castellaneta, WOOOO!!!!!

And I loved the whole Furlings thing...
                    It's great that they can laugh at themselves like this

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                      I cringed through much of it. I laughed out loud maybe three or four times, there were some really funny lines (The only ones I can remember are "you could try locking your front door" and "Alarm?"). But overall this is an episode I can definitely do without.
                      Amen to that. Watching this episode was a big waste of my time. SG-1 has seriously deteriorated in season 8. Fortunately Atlantis is making up for it.

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

Generally, I'm not a guy that likes clip shows -- infact every clipshow they've done I've not even remotely like, though it certainly changed for Citizen Joe.

The great starter with Jack on the phone with Sam () of course, that was excellent moment of *shippyness*, that lasted a few split seconds -- and when Joe burst into Jack's kitchen with the gun, it was really quite funny.

I loved the scene where the flashback of Daniel dying showed up, and Joe just burst out crying -- and again when he desended, he went jumping for joy. I understand his reasoning for going in search of Jack, though.

I liked the bit where Joe was talking with his wife and he says "they're battling over Antarctica now, Anubis's fleet is in orbit of the planet."

I found that when Jack said he see views of Joe's life to be a bit .. strange. Jack not saying anything to anyone of these views he would have had for a very long while.

Overall, I generally don't enjoy clip shows at all, they're either a love it or hate it episode -- for me this was a love it. At least all the other less action packed episodes are all out of the way now.
                        __

__

Comment

It was okay. Definately not a fav.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

One thing bothered me, 7 years ago Joe's son was like 7, maybe 8, then 3 years ago he was like 16...
                            Or he hit puberty really early
                            *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                            McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

The episode had a few nice pokes at both the fandom and the writers, but was otherwise a largely forgettable episode. It was better than Out of Mind, but, unlike the other clip shows SG-1 has done, it was a bunch of clips with a plot written around them, not a plot with a bunch of clips inserted.

It was as contrived as I thought it'd be, but it wasn't terrible. It hit some good emotional notes, and I especially liked him realising that Anubis' fleet was overhead right at that moment. I'm glad he hit the moments of Daniel's death and Daniel's return... but he never saw Jonas, unsurprisingly. On the bright side Jonas did get a mention, so it's not all bad.

It won't be one I watch again any-time soon. I am thankful they played it now rather than later. Allows us to ignore it and move onto better things...

BYE
                              "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Stargate has always had something of a penchant for taking a run-of-the-mill clip episode, and making something truly entertaining. None of them, however, has been nearly as entertaining as "Citizen Joe." At times hilariously funny, or suprizingly touching, this episode shows SG-1 through the eyes of a real-life fan of their exploits, magnificently played by Dan "Homer Simpson" Castelanetta. When he collapsed on the front line with a heartfelt "Daniel's dead!!!" I honestly flashed back to how I felt when he died. They do get some quality self-mockery going on at times here, and yet there's also some decent continuity and a pretty effective, if small story. I have to say, I loved every minute of it.

"I know you look different with the hair, but didn't you use to be more gold?!?"

-IMF
                                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X