Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Stargate Citizen Joe (815)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    CITIZEN JOE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 815

A barber from Indiana confronts Jack O'Neill, claiming that he has been seeing visions of SG-1's missions over the last seven years.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 06:39 PM.

Intergalactic Hussy
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    I don't know but the view sure looks nice

Default Re: Citizen Joe (815)

I believe you guys are getting Citizen Joe today. D'oh! (I'm so sorry I couldn't resist. )

It was interesting, mainly clips of sg1, but the end was good, jack was quite amusing in parts.
    'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
    'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I donít know if you noticed or not, but Iím an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/moorgl...bsgbanner2.jpg

Sweet episode. A little loose at times but great sattire on the fans throughout. One negging point was the flashback at the end: They really couldn't make dsnny's hair look better?

Aside from that and the slighty ludicrous ending very good for a clip episode.

Banner By JME2

Chief Master Sergeant sshspooky's Avatar

great episode. Dan Castellanetta was brilliant.

Best Line was from Joe's wife, her opinion of the stories:

"Well, the team dynamic's not what it used to be..."

It was a well written episode that told an interesting story, and had a nice ending. Considering what's gonna happen in the last few episodes, this feels like a nice change of pace. now bring on the final 5!
    spook

it wasnt as good as atlantis' "clip" show but i was was hilarious how the show is able to make fun of itself the way it did
    Like when one of Joes employees asked him why they hadnt met the furlings yet and that they sounded cute like ewoks
    or Joe's wife saying that the stories lacked the character interaction that used to b present

double LOL at how Jack saw visions of Joes life for SEVEN years and didnt find it strange at all !!!

Hillarious episode.. i agree that "clip" at the end was awful, but other than that good show

Chief Master Sergeant TheBlueDragon's Avatar

Earth Symbol Re: Citizen Joe (815)

i was about to watch it when the channel (sky one) went black and is still on now through atlantis meanin i miss both

Airman

yep i liked the end too was good.
    Im not into them clips from previous shows, it was alot better than ones ive seen before.

Chief Master Sergeant shaqarava's Avatar

I found it amusing when we found out Jack has been having visions of parts of the life of a babour in Indiana for 7 years and never mentioned it to anyone

Chief Master Sergeant Fox McCloud's Avatar

Fantastic episode. Very refreshing.

Loved the Furling in jokes, and the Jonas stuff.

Great ep. Loved it all
    moebius spoiler
    Spoiler:

btw you could totally tell the clip of Daniel and Jack looking over the quantum mirror artifacts was new, because Daniels long hair seemed faked, and it looks just like it does in the Moebius pics Tooooo...fasionable....and modern....rather than scruffy s1-3 DJ hair.
    Last edited by Skydiver; June 3rd, 2005 at 11:43 AM.

Brilliant, brilliant episodes. Did I spot Damian Kindler when Joe was running down the street in delight? The funniest parts were the little in jokes for us:
    - "When do we get to see the Furlings?"
    - "Is she with child?"
    - The whole Wormhole X-Treme bit
    - "The team dynamic's not what it used to be..."

... and so on. One of the best parts is when Joe broke down after Daniel died. And he joy after he came back in Abyss. Oh, the following is to Shadow:

They do remember Jonas!!!

Frankly, Joe was pretty much doing the same thing I'd have done at the SGC

Probie

I thought this episode was great!!
    it was really funny seeing Joe the barber telling all these stories, and how people reacted to the certian episodes he told, like 'Hundred days' when the woman gettin the hair cut asked if she is pregnant, at the end, i think in a way it said what the fans said about certian episodes.

such as when joe's wife mentioned episodes like 'The Light' or 'Sentinal' as some of the more weaker episodes.

how fans can prefer more character driven story lines rather than lots of action and how the character story lines became more weaker by season 5, and joe's reaction to when he found out daniel dies!! or when daniel revisits in 'Abyss' it was great!! how funny was it when he saw wormhole X-treme on the tv and it was canceled after 1 episode!!! lol

i was half expecting to see joe go through the stargate, im not sure y jack ended up telling joe's wife its all true, isnt that a major breach of security.

for flashback episodes, considering much of the main cast werent' even in it!! was a good episode, well done and nicely referenced on things like will we ever see the furlings, the reetou, alternate universes, anubis, etc

i think not only did the episode actually admit it had some great story lines, but also that it had some really bad ones, and the fact joe's friends basically said alot of stuff fan's have said about the series, like how many times can they save the world?!, just interesting to see a show actually have the guts to do that its not something u see everyday i dont think anyway.

thank u!!!

Probie

moebius spoiler
    Spoiler:
    (although how dodgey did daniel's hair look when they did the flashback to tbftgog, tho not actual flashback, it looked so greesy!!!! - hope it dont look that greesy in moebius)
    Last edited by Skydiver; June 3rd, 2005 at 11:44 AM.

Chief Master Sergeant blufeenix's Avatar

Good ep loved the satire and many nods to fans in there

Also the bits with tealc cracked me up joe greating him with the arm shake and also when he said didnt u used to be more golden ha funny.

As clip shows go it was very very good

Chief Master Sergeant Fox McCloud's Avatar

What i think TPTB were trying to get across with the whole "how many times can the go'ould attack earth" angle in the ep, is them relating to creating new bad guys in S9 and hopefully diverting away from "teh ev1l Gooooold!!!1"

And the Furling part could also be about them relighting old stories.

Probie

if we rekindle new plots, lets go deal with the reetou REALLY clear all old threads!! lol

i gotta say tho that
    'burns as goa'uld, i can see that!!' how funny is that tho, gotta have a simpsons connection in the ep, i bet RDA must have loved havin homer on set

I had several laugh out loud moments! I thought the scene in the infirmary at SGC was really funny
    "Don't worry I won't say anything about your feelings for ..." Carter walks in
    "That whole Pete Shanahan thing" Carters face was a picture.
    and when he asked Teal'c didn't he used to be a bit more "golden"!
    Loads of in jokes for the fans, and I think I spotted a few familiar faces amongst the Grimm Brother removal men.
    I loved the way Dan Castellanetta played Joe, you really believed he was devestated when Daniel died. I loved the way that the stories had the same titles as the episodes.
    I also got the feeling that maybe they were having a gentle dig at how involved the fans get with the show.
    I really, really enjoyed it.

Probie

did anyone notice that O'Neill's shoes were some sort of trainer type, platform sneaker type werid shoe, n not a proper dress shoe? least it didnt look that way to me....

Quote Originally Posted by captianspiffy
    (although how dodgey did daniel's hair look when they did the flashback to tbftgog, tho not actual flashback, it looked so greesy!!!! - hope it dont look that greesy in moebius)
    Everyone seems to be moaning about the style of Daniels hair, what about the colour of O'Neills for ****s sake.

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast