Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Citizen Joe (815)

That was the best clip show they've ever done!

Joe is SG fandom personified! Loved all the stuff people were saying about his stories - the team dynamic isn't what it used to be, Furlings sound cute, like Ewoks - ROFL!! Poor Joe when Daniel died!
    Dan Castellanetta played him really well!

Nice that they did actually mention Jonas, but they could have thrown a clip of him in there...

ROFL @ Jack seeing his life for 7 years and not thinking it was strange...Joe looked chuffed when he said it was relaxing!

Daniel's 'hair' in that flashback

Cute conversation between Sam & Jack on the phone, and loved the 'I won't say anything about your feelings for...' and 'about the whole Pete Shanahan thing...'

Cool Re: Citizen Joe (815)

Quote Originally Posted by shelsfc
    That was the best clip show they've ever done!

Joe is SG fandom personified! Loved all the stuff people were saying about his stories - the team dynamic isn't what it used to be, Furlings sound cute, like Ewoks - ROFL!! Poor Joe when Daniel died!
    Dan Castellanetta played him really well!

Nice that they did actually mention Jonas, but they could have thrown a clip of him in there...

ROFL @ Jack seeing his life for 7 years and not thinking it was strange...Joe looked chuffed when he said it was relaxing!

Daniel's 'hair' in that flashback

Cute conversation between Sam & Jack on the phone, and loved the 'I won't say anything about your feelings for...' and 'about the whole Pete Shanahan thing...'
    Good deal! I am SO glad that they've managed to make every episode of this last part of the season A-rate!

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by shaqarava
    I found it amusing when we found out Jack has been having visions of parts of the life of a babour in Indiana for 7 years and never mentioned it to anyone
    That was horrible!! I can't believe that, I SO wished they hadn't put that in.

Jack is now even more of an idiot than I thought he was. I think I may just choose to ignore what they said.

Lets just say this now both Daniel and Jack's hair were awful! Lol that in itself made me laugh.

I loved the was that DC was us- all of us in differant forms. The people who think we should just give up now, the people who just want more and more and more.... there were also some really clever questions put in ones that we were all wandering i think it was a really brave step to do this and include teh critisisms and hey you never know a stargate producer could be lurking here right now. I loved the ep- i concidered iit to be shippy- i loved the first scene- how the hell do egg and beer go together? Again I loved seeing Jack at home and the scene with teh gun was SO FUNNY!! lol, his gun wasn't even real? who did he think he was ambushing? When he was meeting the whole team i was in stitches it was sooo funny!! I just loved the whole show 10/10 and well done at least we know they're listening wether they choose to do anything about those things however....

Chief Master Sergeant Fox McCloud's Avatar

Re: Citizen Joe (815)

"Hey...i keep having these....visons....of a Barber...kinda like...getting on with his life..." - Jack
    "Your F**** crazy" - Everyone

*1 day later Jack is in a mental institute*

Thats probably why he didnt tell anyone.

Second Lieutenant

Meh, didn't like it too much. Bit boring and repetitive. Definately prefered Disclosure for a clip show. Joe got VERY annoying after a while, and as I said, that whole thing about Jack having visions of Joe's life for the past 7-8 years was ridiculous.

4/10

Staff Sergeant

Sorry just can't see it. As far as I am concerned that was rubbish. I will watch it again as I always give them a second chance but I already knew the story, have the dvds so do not need clips and didn't like Joe, his wife or his son who obviously had a nannite induced growth spurt. I know it picked up on lots of the fans sayings and questions but the first laugh it got from me was about three quarters of the way through when Daniel first came in and exchanged with Jack about his security. I have never given any episode a worse than 'good' but this I would give the 'worst episode ever'. I wasn't expecting great but my hope was that with Rob Cooper writing it might have been saved, but no. I'm sure the last five will see a revival but this one will not be on my regular viewing list. Can we expect a Simpsons based on SG-1 now please?
    jan t
    jan t

Quote Originally Posted by Pknuts
    That was horrible!! I can't believe that, I SO wished they hadn't put that in.

Jack is now even more of an idiot than I thought he was. I think I may just choose to ignore what they said.
    This. I will admit was my only gripe with what was otherwise a really great episode. Flashback episodes rarely have a story to them, let alone characters that you really actually liked and this one, while going through the seasons managed to have an actual story to it.

The part at the end where you realised Jack had been seeing these things for 7 years was lame to say the least (they could have simply explained it as a one way link) and was only saved by "You got game son."

There were so many parts I liked (I was going to try not to mention Daniel's hair in that clip but it was so damned bad that you just have to) so here's a run down of a few:

1. That the gun Joe was using was actually a fake ("But mine isn't!")
    2. That he cried when Daniel died
    3. How he reacted when he saw he was still alive in 'Abyss'
    4. That there were comments on which of his stories were not as good as others (though i have to admit i actually kinda like 'The Light') and that the team had lost its dynamic somewhere along the way.
    5. When Joe had to cover his tracks by saying that he would write more stories about the Re'tu, Lara and the furlings. (which i think we all wish for)
    6. His greeting to Teal'c and subsequent mention that he wasn't as gold (though if i'm stil mentioning hair, i think it looked better when it was a little shorter!)
    7. His guy in the barbers who couldn't pronounce 'Goa'uld'. Damn funny!
    8. That it was discovered that Joe's memories had been coming when Jack was writing his reports. It made it much more plausible that he was able to write them down so easily.
    9. The wormhole extreme bit was good, and a nice tie in, as you had to wonder whatever happened to the show (though i wonder what martin's doing now?)
    10. When Joe greeted Sam and Daniel ('That Pete Shannahan thing?' and 'I'm so glad you're back with SG-1, not that there was anything wrong with Jonas')
    11. When discussing that Joe had the Ancient gene "Just know that I'd be willing to sit in that chair in Antarctica and fire those weapons if you need me to!"

I would finally like to add that on top of this being a great clips show and a seriously interesting way of acknowledging that so many things have happened as well as some obvious thoughts of the fans, it was nice for more of the O'Neill Simpsons thing. "Goa'uld as burns' - i still don't get it.

Just two other things to add.

1. I have to wonder what was going through Joe's mind on three other occassions:
    1. when Jack had the ancient repositories downloaded into his mind
    2. when Jack was in the time loop
    3. when he was frozen in antarctica - did Joe just have a couple of months break from the visions?

and finally, did anyone else notice how clearly visible AT's bump was in this episode. You couldn't see nothing in Full Alert, but it was clear as day in Citizen Joe. I have to wonder if they're just going to hide her behind a desk for most of the rest of the series, or if this was filmed further along the line.

and that's all folks!

There's not really much I can say about this ep other than the fact that it was a big mistake and goes one-on-one with Chimera for worst ep of all time!

I'm 50/50 on Jack having vision of an Indiana barber's life and not caring.

You can do better than this guys!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueDragon
    i was about to watch it when the channel (sky one) went black and is still on now through atlantis meanin i miss both
    If it happens again, and it most likely will, pull the power supply from your satalite box, wait a few moments and re-connect it. After a few moments you should be back on air. It's not a sky transmission problem, its a sky receiver problem.

There are several software bugs that cause the box to crash. at one point ours crashed every week at exactly two minutes past eight on a tuesday. bloody typical!!!
    Last edited by Davinder; January 18th, 2005 at 03:53 PM.
    That would explain how we went from "Your a pig, but I like your cat" to "I missed you"

Good or not I´m dying to see it.
    <mod snip>
    ana
    Last edited by David; January 18th, 2005 at 08:23 PM.
    " I was never their age"

Harrogate, in the icy depths of Yorkshire

I was pleasently supprised by this ep. I thought it was great. Its much better than a politition threathening to shut down sgc. Ahh, happy memories.

The guy who plays Homer, nice guy pretty funny.

Sy~
    A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my sued jacket...
    "You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" She sneered. I replied in a psychotic tone...
    "I diddnt know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you to!"

Sy~

Smile Re: Citizen Joe (815)

Oh yeah, the episode

Like preperation H, it was very good on the whole.

A nice, laugh out loud episode that doesn't take itself too seriously before a three and a half parter and the two part season finale.

It relied a little more on clips, unlike it's atlantis equivelent, but I think there was much less reused material than in previous clip shows. Am i right?

It was a nice satire of the stargate fandom and the writers themselves, and it proved that TPTB do listen to our quiet little voices.

I admit that in the first ten minutes I got a bad "changeling" vibe (the only SG-1 episode that made me want to bury my head in a vat of symbiotes) but after a while it grew on me until I was laughing like a nutcase.

And as for Jack not mentioning the visions of a barber for seven years, its quite simple:
    As a person who saves the world at least once a year and who's actions more often than not, effect an entire galaxy, it would not be unusual to think that he would phantasise about having a normal life. It would also not be unusual for jack to keep quiet about said visions for risk of being throwin in the special place for nutters who dream about barbers!!

That is my rambling done, I appologise for spelling, attitude and everything, one two many ciders
    That would explain how we went from "Your a pig, but I like your cat" to "I missed you"

*waits for COMPLETE summary*

please?

Second Lieutenant Quinn Mallory's Avatar

For a clip show, this was a great episode. Lots of humour for the hard core stargate fans. I particularly liked that they mentioned some of the more obscure, forgotten episodes (Retu, 100 Days, Politiics). I did feel bad for Joe that his life soured that much and that is the main reason why I disliked that Jack had been seeing visions of Joe (although that sort of makes sense); so Jack saw Joe's life get turned upside down but didn't care to do anything about that? You would figure he might had stop by Indiana on one of his fishing trip to track down and help the guy.

Q

P.S. I didn't think "Holiday" was anywhere as bad as "The Sentinels" and "The Light".
    I just love shows about wormholes!

I cringed through much of it. I laughed out loud maybe three or four times, there were some really funny lines (The only ones I can remember are "you could try locking your front door" and "Alarm?"). But overall this is an episode I can definitely do without.

Madeleine

Second Lieutenant Buzz Lightyear's Avatar

I have decidedly mixed feelings about "Citizen Joe".

On the one hand, I agree that the writers were definitely catering to longtime fans with all the inside jokes and sly references regarding the "quality" of the stories. Dan Castellaneta was excellent -- with his natural voice, even!

Yet, as the annual budget-saving clip show, it remains to be seen whether anything significant comes from this episode. Will those two Ancient stone devices play a future role? Will Joe or the naturally-occurring Ancient gene have any importance now that [Atlantis spoiler]
    Spoiler:
    we have the ability to give some people the gene artificially?

If nothing really significant comes from this episode, then I would consider it a funny though ultimately forgettable puff piece and a waste of an opportunity to advance the series mythology and story arc in an already shortened season (20 eps from 22). Hopefully, at the very least, the references to the Re'tu, the Foothold aliens, Jonas, and the Furlings, are indicators that some abandoned storylines may yet see new life in season 9. If so, we may forgive them for showing a clip from Wormhole X-treme and for giving Teal'c, Sam and Daniel fewer original lines of dialogue than Joe's two assistants.
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Very funny episode, loved the phone convo between Sam and Jack at the start lol beer in
    omlates! and neither on of them having any thing on that weekend.

Loved the furling comment about "cute" and "fuzzy" and ewoks, i think tptb hang out on the
    internet alot more than i thought!)

I could hear somtimes Homer's voice coming through and thought it funny that Joe was just
    in a vest some of the time.

As a Sam and Jack shipper i loved that lst part
    when Joe was telling Jack that he's knows about
    Jack's feelings for----- and in walks Sam!

Just one thing wrong' i did miss seeing more of
    sg1 through out the storybut other than that i
    enjoyed it
    ......TARA......

Staff Sergeant

That was one of the best episodes EVER !!!!
    Dan Castellaneta, WOOOO!!!!!

And I loved the whole Furlings thing...
    It's great that they can laugh at themselves like this

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W
    I cringed through much of it. I laughed out loud maybe three or four times, there were some really funny lines (The only ones I can remember are "you could try locking your front door" and "Alarm?"). But overall this is an episode I can definitely do without.
    Amen to that. Watching this episode was a big waste of my time. SG-1 has seriously deteriorated in season 8. Fortunately Atlantis is making up for it.