Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get your SGA fix these days ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you get your SGA fix these days ?

As SGA is not being made anymore and there's no extra canon these days, how do you get your fix?

Here are a few starter questions:-

Do you keep rewatching old eps or have you only come to the fandom recently - at the end?
    Do you read or write fanfic?
    Do you hang out here to discuss episodes and lament that it's all over?
    Do you make avatars/sigs/art and enter the contests over on LiveJournal?
    Or perhaps you've found yourself drifting away from fandom to focus on something that's still alive?

Personally, I do all of the above, but I'm sure there are more...
    Last edited by x Varda x; 09 August 2009, 09:44 AM.
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

I actually just watch through season 1..........then stick my fingers in my ears and ignore the rest of the seasons in favour of my own better canon.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

You could also roleplay a charactor on one of the social networking websites (facebook, myspace, bebo etc) and make up your own storylines.
      Ah…Colonel?
      It's my sidearm, I swear…
      [giggles]
      No giggling, please…

Comment

I recently purchased the box set of Atlantis, and I watched the extra stuff and commentaries.
        Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

I write fics and read a lot of them. But I also watch the eps again and again and again. I always get quite sad with the last season. So much to do, so much to see...it makes me mad. I feel weird everytime I see a SGU something, I feel mad with them. I know...I know, not their fault...sure? But I still hope for SGA movie. I hope they can figure it out a way to fix the damn gaps. It would be great if finally we could see some Sheppard and Teyla. Come on...we know they like eachother. But the writters forgot about it... I can see Ronon with his pair in the end. Our John deserves to be happy too...
          Ok, Ok, fan fic on the way... I miss those people SO MUCH.

Comment

Good first season, but I lost alot of excitment due to how the story went but i became more excited as the fifth season begain and wanted them to finish story lines like what happen to Ford or the Travllers. Also the last episode wasnt as good as it should be.

Comment

Well, quite frankly, I was relieved to know that the show was cancelled--I couldn't bear to see it become any more contrived. (Just look at the 'wormhole drive' in Enemy at the Gate to see what I mean.)

Anyhow, sometimes I do watch some episodes of it, but mostly I write. Currently I've come up with rundowns of 40 episodes--20 for Season 6 and 20 for Season 7. Haven't exactly written them out yet, unfortunately, but I still enjoy figuring out how I'm going to complete unfinished storylines from Seasons 1-5, or how I'm going to tweak annoying storylines from said seasons. Sometimes I absolutely hate what TPTB did with characters--i.e., killing Grodin in The Siege, MIA'ing Ford in The Hive, shooting Kolya in Irresponsible but not actually saying he was dead--and to bring them back is always a treat for me, too.

From the beginning I loved Atlantis. SG-1 had much better camaraderie and character development, even with characters like Cam and Vala who were only regulars for two seasons...but the concept of Atlantis--taking place in another galaxy, in the lost city of myth--pulled me in immediately. All in all, now that it's over, I content myself with fixing what I didn't like about the show and going over (again and again) what I did like!
              sigpic
              ~the guitarists~

Comment

i prefer canon...fandom is usually boring fan stories about fantasis that never will happen.....and there are a LOT of sexual fan stories out there which are a little creepy.

Comment

Do you keep rewatching old eps ?
                  Yes, I keep watching random episodes very often, remembering very good old times, and feeling very sad and nostalgic... so many stories not told.
                  Do you read or write fanfic?
                  Not really, I am terrible writting, and I don't feel very attracted to read fanfic.
                  Do you hang out here to discuss episodes and lament that it's all over?Not yet... I'm still not there... but soon.
                  Do you make avatars/sigs/art and enter the LJ contests?No.
                  Or perhaps you've found yourself drifting away from fandom to focus on something that's still alive?I could say yes... but Stargate Atlantis will be always unique.

As they say... All good things come to an end.

Comment

Mainly keep connected to SGA thru reading fanfic, occasionally watching an episode or two on the DVD or Syfy and posting here at Gateworld on a couple of threads.
                    I also come to see if there is news about the movie, but not really interested in the new Stargate show, so spending less time here.
                    I'm following the careers of the SGA actors when I can, David Hewlett Twitters and I know Joe Flanigan is going to be on an episode of Warehouse 13 tomorrow night, for example.
                    And still being mad about the cancellation and wishing there had been a Season 6.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great answers everyone! I'm still waiting for Season 5

Oh and I told a small untruth in my first post... there is more canon in the form of the novels I think there are a few more coming out before the end of the year (Dead End, Brimstone, The Internal Darkness) with one on the cards for next year too (Hunt and Run) At least according to Amazon...
                      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

I look forward to SG:U and the many possibilities it can bring to the Stargate mythology, just like I looked forward to Atlantis Season 4 and 5 after SG-1 was cancelled.

And yes, I'm gonna quote Dr. Suess:

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened!"

And let's not forget the Atlantis movie coming out around March 2010.

Comment

I came to the fandom after the series were cancelled ( except for the movie and SG-1 season one several years ago ). Started watching SG-1 in autumn last year, and SGA maybe in February this year.

I rewatch the series ( currently SGA season 4 ) and I haven't seen season 5 yet.

I want to write fanfic, so I've been trying to avoid reading other people's fics up until now, to avoid being discouraged by the fact that everything has already been written, and far better than I could do.

I hang out in the Characters & Relationships folder of Gateworld, in the Rodney thunk and whump threads, and discuss episodes from a Rodney-centric view.

I hang out on the "Save Atlantis" forum ( see my siggie! ) and lament the fact that it's over, and try to do something about it. I don't want to waste my time on the inevitable conflicts this subject raises on Gateworld.

I still hold out hope for at least one SGA movie, though many people have stopped believing it will ever happen.

I own most of the Fandemonium novels, but am currently reading the SG-1 ones.

I'm even considering giving the upcoming comic a try out of curiosity ( and to help in proving that there's still interest in SGA ). Though comics based on TV-series always disappoint me when it comes to the art, and I never bought any before, so I don't expect I'll be following it ( them? if I try the SG-1 too ) for very long.

I made one siggie... and have been considering making more... but somehow other things always get in the way.

I've been planning some little "picture stories" with my SGA action figures, but see above.

I played a "clone" of Rodney ( see my siggie! ) in a casual roleplaying thread here on Gateworld, but... my participation was discontinued due to a "game master" decision.

I've found myself revisiting "old" fandoms of mine, but nothing that's currently in production. ( 80s TV-series "Robin of Sherwood" and currently-on-long-hiatus fantasy comic "ElfQuest" lately. )

However, if David Hewlett gets this planned sci-fi pilot/series done, I'll probably check that out.
                          Last edited by Tinah; 04 August 2009, 01:25 AM.

Comment

I make icons, read fics, listen to podfics, check the news about the actors (I have D. Hewlett on my Twitter), I read the official books and listen to the audiobooks... Yeah, the show might be over but I'm still faithful SGA and Fast and Furious are basically the only two fandoms in which I'm active in a very fannish way.

Comment

I'm currently reading all the novels that I've managed to get my hands on and so far they have all been brilliant IMO and am re-watching all seasons at the mo!

Comment

Working...
                              X