No announcement yet.

Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read those stories but I can imagine that they appear very clumsy.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

I only saw the short version but this ties up the Anubis plotline really well for me. I had actually forgotten Jim was Anubis on my rewatch, very nice surprise

Comment

It only just occurred to me that 2 ascended ancients gave up their existence to fight someone on behalf of Earth for all eternity. First here with Oma and then later with Morgana Le fey.

Comment

And both did so cause of being persuaded by Daniel!

Man what a dude!

Comment

I also liked the fact Oma pointed out that only a few of the ascended in the Diner WERE Ancients. We have to assume that many other human form people did so since the original Ancients.

Comment

It also makes you wonder. Were some of those other 'ascended' even humans?

Comment

Garhkal:

My theory on this:

Daniels mentions very early on in the Diner scene to Oma that the place reminds him of a place his Grandfather took him'.

I speculate that the Diner is simply how .. the Ascended realm appears to him. It would appear quite different to Jim: Perhaps a prison camp where he is the guard, and perhaps differently to Oma where it could be a Garden with people reading books on garden furniture.

Daniel simply sees everyone else as Human because that's who he remembers being in the Diner.

Comment

That is a point. OR the diner is more of a place the ancients create FOR humans who ascend.

Comment

Look at the clothing on the people IN the diner. Does it seem modern era for the show or something that would of worn in the past?

Comment

What else could have been shown - some foggy, misty surrounding with whisps floating around or sth like that? The audience expects sth and the diner fulfils our expectations.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Oh .. they could easily of gone more High Concept that what they did. They could of shown the original Temple from Maternal Instinct!.. or... maybe a movie theatre... I simply think they did it because of the story about the grandfather... perhaps Daniel remembered Nick right there and then and how he was still with the Aliens!

Comment

IIRC, the diner was a tribute to a different show/movie (one that I'm not familiar with, so I can't tell you what it was).

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                            IIRC, the diner was a tribute to a different show/movie (one that I'm not familiar with, so I can't tell you what it was).

Seaboe
                            Dead Like Me. It wasn't bad, but I remember the diner scenes were particularly awesome. Always made me hungry haha.

Comment

This is one of my top ten episodes, in fact I have been looking forward to it since I started season 8.

I love the setting of the diner, and how Jim at first seems like a nice unassuming fellow. Slowly, you start to realize that he is not as nice as he seems, and then it is revealed that he is Anubis! Brilliant!

I am a bit sad that Jacob dies, but it was a good way to say farewell to the character.

I do like that Jack and Sam both acknowledge their feelings for each other without actually outright confessing it to each other.

Comment

yea the anubis reveal was really crazy.... feels like how george lucas meant to reveal jarjar to be a sithe lord was meant to go :/

Comment

Working...
                                X