Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An excellent episode, indeed.

At first I didn't think the whole 60's diner stuff would actually work out -- but it did. It was great. The Ascended Times just made me laugh. Them knowing everything Anubis was doing - and then finding out that Jim was Anubis. That come to a surprise, and I didn't expect that at all. Nice twist!

So now Oma has taken on Anubis and destroyed him -- I wonder what will become of Oma. I'm sure she will be back, with a new punishment for breaking the rules - or perhaps Oma will also have to descend, but I don't think anyone will be ascending for some time.

The whole situation between Dakara [yes, that's the correct spelling], the SGC, the Rebel Jeffa and the weapon was great. Good knowing Teal'c and Bra'tac were on Earth, together, trying to come to some kind of agreement. Now Anubis has gone, he can't get the weapon.

That does leave me to wonder -- Is Ba'al still alive after Anubis was killed - or was he too perhaps captured? Interesting.

Of course, leaving the best 'til last. Sam and Jack are FINALLY together! I though the last scene was great, Sam and Jack finally fishing in the pond with no fish. It was brilliant. Then Daniel and Teal'c appear at the side of the house. I'm just finally happy Sam and Jack are together.

Complete 10/10, totally.
    __

__

Comment

Ok, I am a huge Stargate fan, one that until I saw this episode would have said, I hope the series goes on for even longer. But then I saw Threads, one of the greatest episodes I've seen yet. True to the name, it ties up so much that I think it would have made a great end to the series. I honestly don't know what the new threat they're going to introduce is going to be, but I don't really care anymore. Threads and Reckoning take care of Anubis and the Replicator threat in our galaxy, and to a degree, Baal with the Jaffa uprising. The Jaffa are now essentially free, the galaxy is for the most part free of evil, and we got a good look at ascention and the Ancients. Moebius is going to have to be pretty damn good to top these last few episodes. And as for Season 9? I don't know that there's much more that I want from the series that needs to be explained in a whole new season.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
        That does leave me to wonder -- Is Ba'al still alive after Anubis was killed - or was he too perhaps captured? Interesting.
        Since I don't care for the Daniel/Oma stuff nor the Jack/Sam stuff, can anyone tell me what happened with Baal? I gather he wasn't in it much (damn!) but would like to know some details.

Baal should get his own show.

Comment

I agree - I've waited all season for this episode and thought it was fantastic... Can't wait to watch it again

Comment

I loved anubis being that guy in the cafe because I didnt expect it, but also wouldnt that mean anubis should know everything the ancients know if he is still able to access theirt knowledge? although Oma did say there are many different levels inbetween ascended and human so maybe he cant fully access it but can get into that cafe

Comment

Love the ep (ok so I haven't seen it yet, but I've read all those spoilers and it sounds soooo promising);

Pete is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacob died, *sniff*, *sniff*, *sob*

S/J S/J S/J S/J S/J S/J S/J S/J S/J S/J S/J S/J S/J S/J S/J

A huge hug for all TPTB that were involved,
              LG Estelle
              Abu: This is a woman?
              O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
              O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
              Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
              Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
              Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
              Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

This is without a doubt my new favourite episode. I loved this

The first sign of a good episode for me personally is when I can sit through the whole thing and not be bored at all. I loved every single minute of Threads. To be honest, I didn't think i'd enjoy Daniel's ascension bits as I am typically not a Daniel fan, but I was engrossed in this aspect of the story as well (although to me, Oma seemed a bit off). So the Jaffa finally have their freedom. Good for them, it was a long time coming. "Teal'c of the Tauri" - very cute I was incredibly sad to see Jacob/Selmak go. He was my favourite reccuring character and I always enjoyed his interactions with Sam, and indeed Jack.

And speaking of Sam and Jack...wow. The first episode I ever really watched was Grace and I was a Shipper instantly, so to bring SJ together and makes references from Grace was, for me, perfect. And there was even fishing The scene where Jacob died was bittersweet, and I will admit that a few tears did escape me (I am now certain there is a correlation between my crying and seeing Amanda cry), but i'm just a big wuss for stuff like that anyway

Once again, I loved this episode. I will watch it many, many times.

Comment

I agree, but I honestly think that a new threat in Season 9 will herald "an offshoot" if you like, in direction for the show.
                  I think we'll even see less of Jack now in S9 and wouldn't be surprised if he retires to set up home with Sam!
                  BB is joining the show and IMO, that will change the show for good. It's hard to think what type of new threat can be introduced though, because it will have to be something sprung on them from nowhere.

I think that because of actions in Moebius, they somehow "create" themselves an enemy in the current timeline by altering the past, I can't see a new enemy coming from any other way.

Comment

OK, so I have to admit, I loved Threads, it was a very good show, especially now Sam got rid of Pete and Carrie did the right thing in leaving Jack, but for me, it didn't clear things up properly.

Did Sam and Jack get together in the end? When they were sat fishing, I thought it was jus them 2 but then Daniel and Teal'c showed up.

Oma said that neither her or Daniel could kill Anubis, so why the hell did she stand up and proclaim "But I can fight you"??? What the hell does this do if she can't kill him?
                    Does this mean she has sacrificed herself to somehow kill him, contradicting what she said earlier, or have the other ancients stepped in and killed them both.

And who put Daniel back into human form? Does he remember all the stuff from the diner, cos he shouted to the other "No, thats not what happened", indicating he does. I'm also assuming he has no further ancients knowledge, other than what he learned from replicarter, because he didn't actually ascend this time.

So to sum up, can anybody tell me these answers

1. Did Sam & Jack ACTUALLY get together
                    2. What happened to Oma and how has she "apparently" killed Anubis

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode! Don't want to say too much - even with the Spolier in the title, because this is one episode I would encourage everyone not to spoil on themselves! Everything the writers and directors did was just right in my opinion - nothing too over the top or out of place and just goes to prove once again that the Stargate production team do it best.

Whatever happens with Jack going forward, they have already proved with the MS situation that they can make it work if a major character moved on and I have every confidence in another brilliant season ahead!
                      Sia

Hey Sam, did all those other realities tell you nothing?!
                      Accept the inevitable.....

Comment

I loved this episode, but the more I think about it, the more I think it should have been a straight two-parter and even a show finale (show, not season!).

Enough threads were tied up - the Jaffa finally getting freedom, the Big Bad being killed/locked in eternal struggle with Oma, the entire galaxy getting saved (it's going to be pretty hard for them to top that one!) - but there were enough loose ends to let the audience invent their own stories (how will the Jaffa cope under their own nation? Is Ba'al still out there? And will Jack retire as Fed woman suggested so he can finally have Sam?)

But where was the action? Yes, a lot happened, and I realise that in the past couple of weeks it's been non stop fighting, but then we get two huge events in this ep - Anubis attacking the Jaffa rebels, and then the 'death' of Anubis himself. The first occurs off-screen and the second is an anti-climatic burst of bright light. It would have been nice if they'd intercut between Jim/Oma and Anubis/host dying and his soldiers all, um, stopping, or whatever happened to them. And some explanation of what happened to Ba'al.

The fishing bit was fantastic, I squeed out loud when I saw Sam sat next to Jack, and I'm not even a shipper! Poor Pete though. He deserves better. He deserves me! (if I wasn't sick and fluey and full of snot at the moment. Kind of a turn-off).

Comment

Well I really enjoyed this episode. Although I can understand some people's views that it was "slow". But having watched SG1 since the beginning, you grow to care about the characters.... each "thread" of the story deals with different characters and is important in its own right. So I think this episode for one for the "fans" - answered a lot of questions.
                          Poor Jacob/Selmak But as he said he lived an exciting last few years.
                          Poor Pete - NOT. The guy was a big wuss.
                          Is that what Anubis really looks like - eh? That was fantastic when he turned out to be "Jim"
                          Hooray for this episode and roll on next week!!

Ps - I notice some people spoiler tagging their posts, but I am sure that someone said if you're in an episode thread you dont need spoiler warnings. However, if I'm wrong sorry.

Comment

I too thought this and the two previous episodes were the best that ive ever seen, but why did they kill off Anubis? thats if they did. If so, it was the worst thing they did and I couldnt believe it. Anubis is the most powerful Gou'ald of all time and they kill him just like that. No way, Anubis has got to survive somewhere and be hiding until he has the power to attack again.

Please dont kill Anubis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It looked like sam and jack got together and that will probably be the story in S9 why Jack will be away so much.

I hope Anubis didnt die because he is so cool and powerful that it would be a shame to kill him. I hope they make it so that Anubis comes back.

Comment

Well.

Okay, first of all, I have to start this post with an apology to all P/S fans. I can sympathise with how you're feeling this morning, because I know how I'd be feeling if the triangle had been resolved in the opposite direction. But as a J/S shipper myself, I'm going to have to celebrate that finally this mess has been brought to a conclusion. Personally, I don't think I could have borne it if the Pete thing had carried through to S9. It was dragged out way beyond being funny as it was. You might want to skip this post.

So. What was good about this episode [in no particular order]:

* Kerry. I really liked Kerry. She was sweet, nice, and, unlike Laira [spit], I could see why Jack would be attracted to her. I actually enjoyed the scene with them in bed together. Jack was just adorable in the way he interacted with her there. Which is a nice glimpse into what Sam can expect in the future. If she's lucky. And smart. I wouldn't mind at all seeing more of Kerry in S9. It would be nice if she and Sam got to be close friends too. I liked that she and Jack parted on amicable terms. Jack was adorable in that scene too. <g>

* Nekkid Daniel. Oma sure does have a thing for seeing our boy nekkid, don't she? Well, who can blame her? Man, he is hot with a capital H.O.T sans clothes! Whew. /me wipes the drool off the screen and carries on. Sam not knowing where to look, Teal'c's expression was a picture. Bra'tac nodding and smiling, apparently in approval. Though what he'd be approving, I can't imagine. LOL. Jack and Daniel's interaction there was very cute too. Loved Jack taking half a second to think about using the US flag before deciding maybe that was a bad idea and going for the other one instead.

* And, yes, Sam finally [Finally! Finally! Hallelujah!] saying goodbye to Pete. A poignant little scene and I did feel sorry for him. Especially when he started welling up at the end. But I never felt he was right for her – for a whole slew of reasons that go beyond my preference for Sam and Jack – and so I did have a moment of running around the room in excited little circles, yelling "YES!!" at the top of my lungs. And now that I know for absolute certain that he's no threat to Jack, I can go back and really enjoy all those Pete moments in previous episodes. In fact, I anticipate that there are a few S7 episodes I'm going to be enjoying a heck of a lot more when I get the boxed set at the end of the month, than I did on first showing.

* Jacob putting his foot in it in the briefing room re the flowers. And, given that we later find out that he's known all along how Jack and Sam feel about each other, that innocent little "What?" at the end, when he clearly knew exactly what he was doing, is hilarious.

* All of the ship. <happy sigh> Choked up, of course, during the vigil in the observation room. A beautifully constructed, poignant little scene, that really affirmed the core of Sam and Jack's relationship. That it goes beyond simple attraction or desire, and into the depths of solid friendship:

Sam: Thank you, sir.
                                Jack: For what?
                                Sam: For being here for me.
                                Jack: [pause] Always.

Also loved that this dialogue was a subtle little tieback to the end scene in the infirmary in Grace, where Sam also thanks Jack, but doesn't say what for. Plus, we got Jack's trademark, 'C'mere'. <g> What else could you ask for?

* All of the scenes where Pete was beginning to irritate Sam or get in her way. I won't dwell, because I know that what I found amusing, P/S fans were probably grinding their teeth over. But did like Jacob's reactions:

Sam: It's been two hours since Pete left and you haven't said one word.
                                Jacob: I did.
                                Sam: 'He seems nice'?!
                                Jacob: I think that's three words.

and from the scene where they go see the house:

Pete: You have to see the yard. It's great. The dog's gonna love it.
                                Sam: [dismayed] Dog?

And the scene in the briefing room where he interrupted the meeting by phoning her. Loved Jack surreptitiously watching her there. And the way the eyebrows shot up when Jacob said 'wedding'. Like it was an involuntary response he couldn't control. LOL.

And that's all I'm saying about losing Pete. I swear.

* Oma and Daniel. Now normally the whole Oma/Daniel/Ascended stuff doesn’t do a lot for me. I did think that a few of the diner scenes could have been cut and I wouldn't have missed them – it was a little repetitive at times – but for the most part I enjoyed them. Anubis – that total git! Grrrrrrrrrrr.

* The attack on the gate, the self-destruct counting down, Jack, Sam and Walter's reactions – all of that was good. It was nice to see a little bit of action in a long episode that was mostly talk.

* Jacob/Selmac dying. Now, I hesitate to put this in the what's good column. These are two of my favourite characters and boy was I ticked when I realised TPTB were killing them off. Totally. And I really deplore this trend they've gotten into over the last few years, where it seems as though as soon as they get a sniff of the fact that this might be their last season, they immediately go, "Hey, cool! Right – how many beloved characters can we massacre before the final episode?" Bleah. Makes me mad. But, you know, although I'm still a little angry and I'll miss them dreadfully, it didn't depress me as much as I thought it would. With the way it was handled, I kind of felt the same way as Sam in the end. I still don't really see that it was necessary or that it had any great benefit to the show. But it did produce some beautiful moments – most especially the scene where Jacob tells Sam not to let rules and regs get in her way and that she can have everything she wants if she really wants it. I was struck by the marked contrast in this advice – given by the real Jacob – compared to the advice the imaginary Jacob in Sam's head gave her in Grace. Nice touch.

* The fishing. The spoilers I'd read had this tagged as a possible end scene for Mobius, so I was surprised to see it. But loved it. Jack and Sam looked so relaxed together and loved Daniel's reaction to Jack casting. LOL.

What was to dislike about this episode:

* The fact that that dopey SKY announcer still can't pronounce Teal'c. I swear, if she says T'alc one more time....I won't be responsible for my actions. Someone send that woman a pronunciation list!

* Erm...that's about it, I think. Oh, found the Jaffa scenes kind of boring, I guess. Except for that lovely little moment on the ship between Bra'tac and Teal'c. Mercifully, Isaac Hayes was only in it minimally. I do think they made a wise decision in wrapping up the Jaffa in the main. They had steadily lost their fear factor over the years and now don't induce any tension or suspense in me at all when they appear. I noted that lack especially in IGTBK. So, time to move on, find another enemy to strike terror into the heart. Good plan.

Summary – a bit of a talkie, but some terrific moments for J/S shippers. For this fan, an episode that's warm, funny, poignant, sad, and just plain good. I swear, the last half of this season has produced episodes that are among the best I've ever seen. If they carry this momentum through to S9, we're in for one heck of a continuing journey!

Roll on Mobius!

Albion
                                Last edited by Albion; 09 February 2005, 01:11 AM.
                                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X