No announcement yet.

Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i found the concept of anubis being portrayed as a fat human to be... fascinating, upsetting, and curiously started wondering what it meant about his personality as well as how he lived prior to attempting to learn how to ascend... was he glutonous with food and riches, or gluttonous purely for power, or knowledge, or something else? perhaps something to do with the core of every gouuld born of the more evil or damaged queens, maybe the tokra arent like that? maybe only anubis and a few were like that or were they all imprinted to be such horders... of .... well... everything etc

Comment

The Reckoning, part 1-2 and the Threads (The Reckoning, part 3) should have been the season and also the series finale. I know it doesn't sound logical and they were worried about the pairing with Atlantis episodes, but they should have swapped the episode order with the Moebius, part 1-2. Imagine the nice SG-1 ending as the Jaffa celebrated on Dakara, while Sam will finally make a move with Jack. Just it would have ruined the suspension of the incoming Wraith siege, if we would have known they have found a ZPM in 8x17 and they still don't send help to Atlantis in time.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Ah, the joys of having the extended version of this episode -- a full hour of SG-1. Overlooking that whol S/J sidetrip, I'm quite pleased with the whole episode.

That diner representing the ascension waiting room seems like a fitting symbolism to me.

It's much more fun to know Jim is Anubis because unlike the first time you kinda try to find the hints and the way he behaves. You know, he looks like a jolly ol' fella but really he's a manipulative son of a peach, taking great joy and pleasure taunting Oma Desala as the waitress. I mean, he's constantly asking for something he wants or doesn't get, complaining of the service and taking pleasure in making her as uncomfortable as he can be because he can get away with it. The others won't interfere anyway.

Jacob's end is definitely one of the better endings for a recurring characters, and I fits with the episode. It doesn't feel like it's pushed in there because they didn't know what else to do when they couldn't focus on Daniel.

Which the whole S/J is very much so -- irritates the living daylights out of me, but like I said... can easily be overlooked here.

Also, it's blasphemy that Jack would burn his steaks like that. I would have thought better of him.

How would you rate SG-1's "Threads"?

Excellent

Good
        Fair
        Poor
        Terrible

Quiz and jigsaw time...

3-episode quiz: Reckoning I, Reckoning II & Threads

Jigsaw puzzle: Threads
        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 09 June 2020, 02:39 PM.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

15:14
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Ah... good to see those times are consistent again...

Comment

Thank you Falcon, I try to please.

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                Thank you Falcon, I try to please.

I'm your biggest fan.

Comment

Aw, you say the nicest things

​ ​

Comment

I am never going to a barbecue with Jack. That is a terrible grill job.

A lot of people find Janet's death the hardest. With all due respect, Jacob's death is a lot sader for me. I think it has a lot to do with he died as a result of a sacrifice. Those TV deaths always get to me. Also I quite like the Ascended Diner scenes just to give us more insight into ascended life although Jim as Anubis was kind of obvious. I always thought this episode should of been the season finale instead of Moebius. Going to give it a good. 14/15 (like I pay attention to glasses) with 8;40. That was a weird puzzle choice FH.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      (like I pay attention to glasses)
                      They were so out of place -- I think, to be honest -- that they were Rick's and forgot to put them away. Like that Snicker's wrapper in an Atlantis episode, or a piece of script still lying around in one of the early SG-1 episodes.

Comment

7:34 -- not bad...

Comment

I can explain. I think I had corona that day
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I can explain. I think I had corona that day
                            Must have been...

Comment

I would wish that this episode would be the ending and not Moebius- nothing against it,really, I just have a feeling that everything is finished and like this it should have ended.
                              The thing that Jacob died. I thought that Selmak will live much longer, not just 4 years!!- that irritated me, it was not JUST 4 years. Heey, authors, did you really count it well? I will miss Jacob. Even though, he was not in the most of the episodes, he was a good character and should have stayed there longer.
                              Ok and now I am coming to S/J shipper thing. I have already said my thoughts in another post , but I will say it one more time. Jack's reaktion or better say no reaktion on Sam, when she came to him. I am just disappointed. She showed him so many times what she feels and he is like a I don't know. Stone. And yes it is not Jack's fault, it is fault of writers. I am sorry but we were waiting 8 years for something and what we got? Kiss in an alternate reality, universe,timeline whatever. And of course we know, that after season 8 is aso 9 and 10 and nothing was solved. If they would have finished it with 8 season, than ok. You can think that maybe Jack is in his retairement and they are together. But with season 9, 10 and also SGA SGU we don't really know anything.
                              But the scene between Jack and Sam in SGC- always,was nice.
                              Fuu, ok one more thing- scenes with Daniel were ok but I just feel that that fight between Oma and Anubis was a bit deus ex machina, but never mind.

Comment

Selmak was the oldest living Tok'ra when it melded with Jacob. Four years was not a short time.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X