No announcement yet.

Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, i thought the whole episode should be 90 minutes.....instead the real playtime was 63 minutes.....what was this all about?
    Will there be a real 90 minutes version on the DVD or were these 90 minutes just 63 with commercials?

Comment

Once again we have the Ancients as the Vorlons (Kosh/Lorien/Sheridan vs Ulkesh)

Comment

I thought that Oma attacked Anubis, forcing Anubis to use the powers that he gained when he asscended to fight back. Since the other ascended allow Anubis to do anything that he could have done as a goauld, and only use knowlage he would have obtained otherwise, then my fighting back he broke those rules, and so the other ascended would step in.

Comment

But Omas punishment was also to just observe Anubis. So they both broke the rules and therefore a fit punishment would be to let them battle it out for an eternity.

Comment

Without reading anyone else's comments nor being spoiled...

FANTASTIC!!! Absolutely FANTASTIC!! As a Sam and Jack Shipper, I am EXTREMELY pleased with the Sam and Jack resolution. It was completely in Stargate character. It wasn't mushy nor overt. It was the nice subtle ship I have enjoyed over the years. Fishing!! Brilliant!!

THANK YOU, PTB!!! I'm sooo glad to get off the rollercoaster!

Jacob dying broke my heart. Jacob was my third favorite character. Carmen was excellent! I will miss him terribly!! ((((Jacob))))

Daniel and Oma. WOW! I was unsure if the story arc would be interesting, but it was DEFINITELY interesting!! Jack refusing to believe Daniel's dead because it's happened "one too many times." lol I'm so glad TPTB decided to answer all the lingering questions about Daniel's ascension. I throughly enjoyed Anbuis' end! When Oma said the naked wasn't Daniel's idea! LOL! Then to have it happen again!! LOL!! Jack's reaction reminded me of "Torment of Tantalus". Skydiver, you were right about the Ancient console!

The Jaffa new nation had problems just like any new nation. I was glad to see Teal'c and Bra'tac be given the recognition they deserve.

This episode felt like the Series Finale!! A BIG 10/10 for me!! So many storylines wrapped up and ending with the team all together! I can't freaking wait until Moebius!! But I guess I'll have too. Let me just say again....

Thank you, PTB!!!!

Token ~

Comment

i've been giving the Jacob/Selmak 4 years point a lot of thought. they said 4 years in the episode twice and we are here all thining season 2, 6 seasons on, it must be 6 years.

but that doesn't exactually have to be true since adding up the time scale of between episodes and episode times, especially with all the cliffhanger seasons, it may or may not be less time then 6 years for the passage of 6 seasons.

of course i have just realised while writing this that Citizen Joe just totally messes up this theory, so u have to think they made a mistake in the script, or they are referring specifically to something that happened in season 4 where he should have died, but 4:22 Exodus is the only ep that really meets that criteria. perhaps someone should ask them in an interview so that they can loop the number 6 over the number 4 before the dvd release.
              spook

Comment

SG1 lost atleast 3 months in WoO, and another 3 months or so in Unnatural Selection, who knows what other stuff they've dealt with.

Comment

I really really enjoyed Threads.
                  They tied up all the threads nicely.
                  I wasn't sure how the whole Daniel thing would work out but it did, and it was great. Maybe the end where Oma decided to fight Anubis was a bit of a let down but it was great all the same. And the scene where Daniel returns was great. Very funny.
                  I was quite shocked by the whole Sam/Pete thing, that was an ending that I wasn't expecting, but that just made it even better. I liked the way they didn't actually say Sam and Jack are together, just let us think what we want to. Keeps everyone happy I s'pose.
                  I was gutted about Jacob though. :-( He was a great character.
                  There isn't much I can fault this ep on.
                  I was definately smiling by the last scene.
                  eb

Comment

Originally posted by Pknuts
                    I didn't like it very much. It was OK, but way too overhyped. Thoughts:

Nothing as important as this should ever have to only be 'implied'. How do you know that's what's happened? Eternal conflict? No one knows.

Actually, it was an Eternal Conflict. After Oma stood up and said she had the power to stop him, Anubis goes "uh oh" and also says to Oma that she can't win. However, Oma says "I know, but it doesn't matter, you can't do anything as long as you have to fight me" (something along those lines anyway) and off they went. That is the eternal battle.

Comment

Maybe he wouldve died 4 years ago from cancer ?
                      The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

she hit him, he hit back. Ancients whacked em both.
                        The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Here is a capture from the episode...about the Wraith coming...

EDIT: Didnt realize the mock up was posted..oh well
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Siakes; 09 February 2005, 06:15 AM. Reason: Opps...

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. It doesn't make up for all the crappy episodes that were used to fill the season but I liked Threads. As this is my last season of watching this show (for a number of reasons), this episode was a nice wrap-up for me.

I was disappointed that Carter did not show more emotion about her father dying. I know she wasn't close to her father while growing up, but over the last 6 years she did develop a relationship with him, and he was her FATHER after all. This wasn't some guy off the street! I cried for Jacob's death more than she did, for cryin out loud!!

That said, I liked seeing hope for the S/J relationship, and I liked how the episode ended. Even though the focus was on Sam and Jack, Daniel and Teal'c being there showed the family that they have become over the years. I have always liked this show best when the entire team is together and it was a good way to end the episode.

Comment

Blimey what an episode!

I'm so glad Sky|One decided to show the 90 minute version because if they hadn't I don't think the episode would have flowed at all. - I really can't see it being shorter.

Oma's cafe was so nice and we got see a really different side of her which was nice. I thought the idea of all the people being Ancient's was nice, although the Anubis twist at the end was completely unexpected and wowed me - something SG-1 hasn't done in a while.

These last few episodes have been really promising and if they ended the series now I wouldn't have a problem, Season 9 had better be good though, and not just in the second half like Season 8 has been.

This was a great resolution to all the stories and I have to say that this second half of the season has been outstanding.

Comment

This is a take two, so this may be a little bit more concise in some areas than I'd normally be. I will admit to liking this episode. I'm a shipper, I can't help it. So whilst my Sam/Jackness is tickled a healthy salmon, my Jacob/Alive ideology is somewhat in mourning. But though this episode was good for me on many levels, there were parts that I found less than thrilling.

Firstly, the Jaffa parts. Whilst those set on Earth were great, I'm afraid I don't actually like the Jaffa storylines. I'm not a die-hard Sci-Fi fan. I like it, but I like believable characters and a vague sense of self-mocking humour more. So that's one Thread that I'm glad is at least a semblance of resolved.

Second, whilst there are lots of shippers out there singing this episode's praises as the best ever (and no, I don't think they're together now, just resolved to waiting) I can't agree with that. Divide and Conquer had a lot more believability about it, and chemistry, ditto Beneath the Surface, even 'moments' in Death Knell and That One In Season Six I Can't Remember The Name Of But Had The DNA Machine In seemed to have more underlying emotion. Grace managed to be less clichéd than certain parts of this episode. I'm a fan of subtlety, and the scene at Jack's house and both with Sam and with Kerry in his office were as fanon cliché as it gets. A malice that shipper fanfic bears is that the good writers make your expectations of those on the program even higher - in short, their imaginative ways to show the character's feelings need to be better than any fanfic writer's. The scene in the infirmary was good - it made continuity references, and was generally well played.

I think half the problem with the ship in this episode actually comes from my problems with Jack in recent episodes. Due to reduced screen time, writers seem to have been absolutely desperate to cram in as many gags as possible. The character seems to have become less and less complex and more and more like a one man stand up in each scene. No wonder we're detecting less chemistry. The guy can't seem to breathe without emitted comedy. And with repetition has come monotony. When you can say most of his lines before he does, sometimes, you have to worry. And I'm not difficult to amuse, generally.

Some argument seems to have arisen over the scene at the cabin. Now, I did like it, of course I did, I'm a shipper. But I was on the point of screaming with frustration til Daniel and Teal'c showed up. There's no way on Earth (and, since this is Stargate, anywhere else) that Jack and Sam would just disappear off to Minnesota together without the rest of the team, just like that. It makes no sense, Jacob dead or no. I have spent the last year+ of my watching Stargate cringing at 'Jack finally gets Sam to go fishing!!11' fic, so I wasn't happy at the idea of it becoming canon. A Team event? Hell Yeah! As a team thing it was funny.

We may be being a little harsh with the Jacob thing, actually. Of course I'm sad to see him go, and I know at the point of making they weren't sure if they had a Season 9 or not - but the actor had been doing less and less episodes. We don't know if there were other demands on Carmen Argenziano's time which made it simply more practical to remove him from the show. We can but speculate. I just wish there'd been a little more time for complex character emotion afterwards, rather than the just a little *too* light humour of the last 10 minutes or so.

Having said all this, the comedy was funny, parts of the ship were very well done, and Daniel's ascended scenes were excellent. Whilst it's not my favourite ship episode, the infirmary scene is up there with one of my favourite moments (though D&C will undoubtedly always win for me). On that note, I denote an approximate score of 8/10 for the episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X