Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3037383940

Thread: Threads (818)

Default Re: Threads (818)

I haven't read those stories but I can imagine that they appear very clumsy.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

I only saw the short version but this ties up the Anubis plotline really well for me. I had actually forgotten Jim was Anubis on my rewatch, very nice surprise

Staff Sergeant

It only just occurred to me that 2 ascended ancients gave up their existence to fight someone on behalf of Earth for all eternity. First here with Oma and then later with Morgana Le fey.

Major General

And both did so cause of being persuaded by Daniel!

Man what a dude!

Staff Sergeant

I also liked the fact Oma pointed out that only a few of the ascended in the Diner WERE Ancients. We have to assume that many other human form people did so since the original Ancients.

Major General

It also makes you wonder. Were some of those other 'ascended' even humans?

Staff Sergeant

Garhkal:

My theory on this:

Daniels mentions very early on in the Diner scene to Oma that the place reminds him of a place his Grandfather took him'.

I speculate that the Diner is simply how .. the Ascended realm appears to him. It would appear quite different to Jim: Perhaps a prison camp where he is the guard, and perhaps differently to Oma where it could be a Garden with people reading books on garden furniture.

Daniel simply sees everyone else as Human because that's who he remembers being in the Diner.

Major General

That is a point. OR the diner is more of a place the ancients create FOR humans who ascend.

Staff Sergeant

Look at the clothing on the people IN the diner. Does it seem modern era for the show or something that would of worn in the past?

What else could have been shown - some foggy, misty surrounding with whisps floating around or sth like that? The audience expects sth and the diner fulfils our expectations.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Staff Sergeant

Oh .. they could easily of gone more High Concept that what they did. They could of shown the original Temple from Maternal Instinct!.. or... maybe a movie theatre... I simply think they did it because of the story about the grandfather... perhaps Daniel remembered Nick right there and then and how he was still with the Aliens!

Captain

IIRC, the diner was a tribute to a different show/movie (one that I'm not familiar with, so I can't tell you what it was).

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    IIRC, the diner was a tribute to a different show/movie (one that I'm not familiar with, so I can't tell you what it was).

Seaboe
    Dead Like Me. It wasn't bad, but I remember the diner scenes were particularly awesome. Always made me hungry haha.

This is one of my top ten episodes, in fact I have been looking forward to it since I started season 8.

I love the setting of the diner, and how Jim at first seems like a nice unassuming fellow. Slowly, you start to realize that he is not as nice as he seems, and then it is revealed that he is Anubis! Brilliant!

I am a bit sad that Jacob dies, but it was a good way to say farewell to the character.

I do like that Jack and Sam both acknowledge their feelings for each other without actually outright confessing it to each other.

Chief Master Sergeant

yea the anubis reveal was really crazy.... feels like how george lucas meant to reveal jarjar to be a sithe lord was meant to go :/

Chief Master Sergeant

i found the concept of anubis being portrayed as a fat human to be... fascinating, upsetting, and curiously started wondering what it meant about his personality as well as how he lived prior to attempting to learn how to ascend... was he glutonous with food and riches, or gluttonous purely for power, or knowledge, or something else? perhaps something to do with the core of every gouuld born of the more evil or damaged queens, maybe the tokra arent like that? maybe only anubis and a few were like that or were they all imprinted to be such horders... of .... well... everything etc