• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Atlantis left open-ended?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...DN5T-9RdThZR0g

August 3 2009

Stargate: Atlantis left open-ended?

Rachel Luttrell has said she can't confirm rumours of a big screen version of Stargate: Atlantis.

The hit US show has just reached its finale, but Rachel said she had a feeling that there was more from the format to come, although stories of a movie version were "still rumours".

The actress, who has spent the past five years playing Teyla Emmagan in the sci-fi series said: "It's left with like a big kind of question mark and a dot, dot, dot and a kind of a sigh."

She continued: "In a way that's kind of a good thing because it lends itself to maybe a little bit more or if not at least you know the imagination of the fans to decipher where they think the characters may end up going."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Rumors?? Hardly. Not set in stone by any means i suppose but not rumors...

http://www.gateworld.net/movies/05.shtml

Comment

Ya im pretty sure its going to be a movie
      O'Neill- "Whose your daddy!!"
      Sheppard- "Its the right thing to do Why? because it is!"
      Sam-"You blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water...Next up parting the red sea"
      Mckay-"Oh yes when its impossible you look to me"

Comment

Or maybe the rumour refers to the "big screen" part, as in not a straight-to-dvd movie?

Comment

The reason SG-1 didn't go to the big screen was because it was too long running. Atlantis only lasted for five years, maybe MGM feel it is worth the risk of a big screen outing.

They could insist that the film is more 'stand alone' than Continuum or Ark of Truth were, they were just made to wrap up open ended story lines.
          Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

I think that Rachel meant that she couldn't confirm that the SGA movie - any movie - was actually happening. At this point, I don't believe it'll happen at all. A written script doesn't mean anything in this business. The fact that they purportedly canceled SGA to make movies but it's been a year since the cancellation and they still didn't confirm even one speaks for itself, I think. Call me a cynic.

Comment

As long as MGM keeps the Atlantis set up there is hope. According to tptb it's costing MGM alot of money in rent to Bridge Studios to keep the set up for the movie. Now that MGM's financial status is slightly better maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. If they wait too long the cast and I will be too old to care.

Comment

Originally posted by malfunction View Post
                The reason SG-1 didn't go to the big screen was because it was too long running. Atlantis only lasted for five years, maybe MGM feel it is worth the risk of a big screen outing.

They could insist that the film is more 'stand alone' than Continuum or Ark of Truth were, they were just made to wrap up open ended story lines.
                No, not true. The real reason why it didn't and won't ever go to the big screen is because of the deal struck between the writers of the original Stargate movie and MGM.
                -

Comment

There is definitely hope. Considering that it was either BW or RCC who said at the SGU Comic Con panel that they are trying to keep 'all elements of Stargate' open, there is hope. SGU's first season is supposed to be finished filming in October and that they were shooting to film the SGA movie in November hints that this is still the plan. It would work out nicely to film the SGA and SG-1 movie in between SGU's seasons while still allowing breaks for the production crew in between.

Hell, that would be fine by me to have 1 SG-1 movie and 1 SGA movie a year, plus a series on tv.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                  and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

There's no way SGA will ever have a big screen movie. See above. ^^ Also, they would probably make more money (percentagewise over cost) spending several million and releasing to DVD than spending 50-60 million and releasing in theaters.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                      There is definitely hope. Considering that it was either BW or RCC who said at the SGU Comic Con panel that they are trying to keep 'all elements of Stargate' open, there is hope. SGU's first season is supposed to be finished filming in October and that they were shooting to film the SGA movie in November hints that this is still the plan. It would work out nicely to film the SGA and SG-1 movie in between SGU's seasons while still allowing breaks for the production crew in between.

Hell, that would be fine by me to have 1 SG-1 movie and 1 SGA movie a year, plus a series on tv.

Was that said this year or last year? I thought nothing was mentioned at all about SG!/SG-1 movies last week.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Well, not many people like going to theatres these days. It's far cheaper to just wait, and buy the DVD, and then you own it.
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          No, not true. The real reason why it didn't and won't ever go to the big screen is because of the deal struck between the writers of the original Stargate movie and MGM.
                          Exactly, and unless that's resolved there'll never be another big-screen Stargate movie.

Comment

An an Atlantis movie would be nice......however i think something like a miniseries would be way better.

Comment

There is definitely hope. Considering that it was either BW or RCC who said at the SGU Comic Con panel that they are trying to keep 'all elements of Stargate' open, there is hope.
                              "Keeping it open" doesn't necessarily mean movies. They struck a deal with DE to release a comic book series, SG-1 S11 and SGA S6 as they want to call it. The only thing that gives me even a tiny hope is that fact that the props are still standing - but that can change any day considering SGU is using parts of it.

True. I would content myself with one SGA and one SG-1 movie a year, too. Alas, I don't think that will happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X