Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415
    Major General

Default Re: Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Well if they did, they also used it later on with Merlin in S9...

Major General

Well if they did, they also used it later on with Merlin in S9...

Another ep of SG1...

1. I just know this ep way too well...even if I got some of the lines slightly out of sequence.

2. I'm sure that Sam and Ba'al actually worked on a DHD at some point...or was that another ep?

3. And then you noticed Selmak'ss death.

4. Forgot that Bra'tac was one of the raiding Jaffa.

The last real classic ep of SG1.

This episode is nothing short of awesome. Everyone contributes to this episode even if the main cast is unaware of the contributions. I have a little trouble believing that Jacob and Sam can read Ancient with Daniel's notes. Languages are complicated that that. Its why Internet translators are so terrible. But besides that I like the race to solve the Dakara weapon to stop the Replicators. It painted a real sense of urgency especially when you consider how the episode had former enemies working together to stop a common enemy. I really liked the banter between Ba'al and Sam. I have to wonder what would happen if a person stepped through the Dakara Stargate? Where would they go? The banter between RepliCarter and Daniel was pretty much a continuation of the last episode with in hindsight it seems the whole point of Daniel being captured was the eventual ability of Daniel to freeze the Replicators. I love Jack's and Reynolds of look of confusion and then continued shooting. In the end I don't really find Teal'c and Bra'tac doing a whole lot. Anyone could be part of the Jaffa fleet to fight Ba'al.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Major General

True anyone could have, but they were the symbols, the living heroes of the revolution..

This episode was pretty fantastic. It was the like the story I'd been waiting for this entire season, and I like that it's continued in Threads. Despite Daniel nearly dying again, I really liked his role in gaining the upper hand with RepliCarter, which I honestly wasn't expecting. Again, I like his continuing story in Threads with Oma and Anubis - we're finally getting somewhere with the main storyline.

Everyone has a role to play, and the buildup to the activation of the weapon is epic.

Yep, definitely one of my favorites - if not my favorite - this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I have a little trouble believing that Jacob and Sam can read Ancient with Daniel's notes. Languages are complicated that that. Its why Internet translators are so terrible.
    lol

That's how I feel whenever an Earth character can understand a spoken alien language perfectly. Even Daniel as a linguist would have to be speaking all of these languages all the time to retain fluency, not to mention all of the other Earth languages he knows. With whom does he practice Goa'uld and Ancient, anyway? Are we supposed to believe he learned and retained entire languages through old books, ancient writing etched in stone, and no one to practice with?

Sam and Jacob/Selmak understanding random Ancient words in Dekara is even more unbelievable to me, even with Daniel's notes.
    rest easy now

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
    This episode was pretty fantastic. It was the like the story I'd been waiting for this entire season, and I like that it's continued in Threads. Despite Daniel nearly dying again, I really liked his role in gaining the upper hand with RepliCarter, which I honestly wasn't expecting. Again, I like his continuing story in Threads with Oma and Anubis - we're finally getting somewhere with the main storyline.
    I loved it when he told Replicarter.. Let's spend a little more time in danny's world!

Everyone has a role to play, and the buildup to the activation of the weapon is epic.

Yep, definitely one of my favorites - if not my favorite - this season.
    I even liked Ba'al in this..

That's how I feel whenever an Earth character can understand a spoken alien language perfectly. Even Daniel as a linguist would have to be speaking all of these languages all the time to retain fluency, not to mention all of the other Earth languages he knows. With whom does he practice Goa'uld and Ancient, anyway? Are we supposed to believe he learned and retained entire languages through old books, ancient writing etched in stone, and no one to practice with?

Sam and Jacob/Selmak understanding random Ancient words in Dekara is even more unbelievable to me, even with Daniel's notes.
    i know quite a few people who need to keep reading/speaking a foreign language to 'keep up' their levels of fluency, while a few others (a lot rarer), seem to do well, even after 5+ years of inactivity with that language...

Earth Symbol Re: Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Great part II following a great part I. Many characters involved, my usual way of watching and doing something else simultanously didn't work here - too much details that I missed. But rewatching was double pleasure. Daniel dead - oh no, he is needed and - fortunately - still on the payroll.
    10 points from 10.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Part 2 is a lot more entertaining than part 1.

Let's spend some time in Danny's world! -- Yes, let's.

It has some good action. Great character interaction, and some really cool shots.
    I absolutely love all the images of those gates activating.

The replicators are dusted but Ba'al still escapes. We'll get him some other time. For now, we'll just have to take the victory.

Oh, and Daniel dies ... again.

How would you rate SG-1's "Reckoning, Part 2"?

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Major

I would love to know what Siler leaves Jack in his will.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    I would love to know what Siler leaves Jack in his will.
    His wrench collection?

First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Major

More likely, something to do with the Simpsons.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    More likely, something to do with the Simpsons.
    The episodes Jack forgot to tape perhaps.

Quiz and jigsaw time...

3-episode quiz: Reckoning I, Reckoning II & Threads

Jigsaw puzzle: Reckoning, part II

18:01

On a planet somewhere their are a bunch of Serpent Guards who don't know Apophis died 3 years ago.

I think the fracturing of the team really hurts this episode. Its a good episode but in an episode where the Replicators are finally defeated, I guess I would like to see them together. That said their is plenty of action to keep one entertained. I especially like Daniel and RepliSam.

A good with 9:09
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    18:01
    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    .... 9:09
    9 minutes faster than the Padawan, and 8 seconds faster than the Master --> 9:01.

Chief Master Sergeant

Great episode full with action, jokes, replicators Goau'lds and everything. Teasing between Jacob and Baal was perfect. What was emotional for me was the look at the gates when they were opening. So many places that SG1 had visited, so many memories of incredible episodes. ( ou yeeah pink planet) Just perfect.
    I was also a bit sad that Raplicarter was destroyed because AT was briliant in that role and the character itself was full of potential.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415