No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really really loved this episode, it was really fresh- and probably my favourite ep, not only in season 8 but in the whole history of SG-1. Daniel dying was really sad because as someone said earlier, he was alone and that was upsetting. I loved that it was just non stop action all the way through with ecah team member doing their own thing- Daniel and the replicarter was amazing!! I mean Amazing! i loved the twist- oh danny-boy, so clever! I just loved the episode and i'm hoping threads will beat it- a big lead up to mobius!!

Comment

Great episode, season 8 is much better than 7! I can't wait to see threads! I wonder if this is really the end for the Replicators though.....

Comment

Yeah I thought it was a real great episode. I wonder if Daniel has access to the same Ancient database that Atlantis does or maybe een better since it is from Acended ancients. I think the reason he can't remember or at least one of the reasons was tha fact that it would be too much for him to comprehend but that somehow his time as an accened being helped him to unconsiously keep that knowledge even though he can't actively remember it all. This was a great way of tying all these threads from previous seasons and bringing them to a finish. With each team member of doing their own thing and bringing in som many good recurring guests this episode is one of the show's high points.

Comment

What happened to all the replicators that stood BEHIND the stargates?
          FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
            What happened to all the replicators that stood BEHIND the stargates?
            The destruction wave is a wave... it will eventually spread to all direction Sound wave emitted from a radio speaker doesn't mean you cannot hear the sound if you are behind the radio.

Comment

That doesnt make any sense. Do light waves go in every direction? No. Do water waves go in every directions? No.

No, it doesnt make any sense, and there is a lot of ways they could have done it...but didnt...it bugs me a little.

Also, if a person had walked through the stargate when it dialed all of the gates, would there now be millions of copies of them around on all the different planets? They should have just had the gate start up and shut down like in Window of Opportunity.
              FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Now, not I am not trying to be picky here but I am just wondering if this is indeed the last of the Replicators. Does Ba'al's program has the ability to overide stargates that were already in use (and you got to assume that they are being used by the replicators to continue expanding). With RepliCarter out of the way, the rest of the replicators (if any survived at all) should not be as menacing but I guess RepliCarter could have uploaded her consciousness to teh replicator collective...
                I don't think any replicators survived after this episode. Even if we allow the possibility that the Ancient weapon didn't reach every corner of the galaxy where the replicators were located, I think there data sharing of the Ancient knowledge would be their downfall once most of the replicators were destroyed by the Ancient weapon.

Replicarter had stated that replicators were capable of handling the Ancient knowledge because their numbers were growing in size and they were acting like a collective harddrive. If 90% of the hard drive is destroyed, it's likely the Ancient knowledge overloaded their memory capacity much like the Ancient library did to Jack.

Comment

A little sad to see RepliCarter go - AT plays evil so well > - but overall an excellent episode. Cant wait for the end of season

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                    That doesnt make any sense. Do light waves go in every direction? No. Do water waves go in every directions? No.

No, it doesnt make any sense, and there is a lot of ways they could have done it...but didnt...it bugs me a little.

Also, if a person had walked through the stargate when it dialed all of the gates, would there now be millions of copies of them around on all the different planets? They should have just had the gate start up and shut down like in Window of Opportunity.
                    It was an analogy dude. And light wave can bounce off surfaces, and for EM wave in general, given enough energy can causes nearby atoms to give off secondary emissions.

I suppose if someone goes through the gate, his or her molecules will get evently distributed to all the gates, so he or she won't be able to reconstruct at the end of the wormhole, i.e. he or she dies. You can't create many copies because matter cannot be created out of no where. In other words, suppose a matter that passes through has Y molecules, and there are Z gates, then perhaps each gate receives Y/Z molecules.

Comment

I still think all problems would be solved if they just had the gates turn on and off real quick like in WoO, and then just like emited a pulse FROM the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by mayorbill11
                        I'm glad they finally killed the stupid replicators.

I am so with you on that.......It was cool at first but at the end kinda old. I must admit that it was the best episode I have ever seen to date with replicators. I think I really like the scene with Daniel and replicator Carter. Threads is going to be an amazing episode. Can't wait to see it. I almost don't want to go on the road and do my work. Thank God for WiFi.
                        Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          A little sad to see RepliCarter go - AT plays evil so well > - but overall an excellent episode. Cant wait for the end of season

It's funny....I can't wait to see the end of the Season but at the same time I want to see more new episodes. So in a sense I wish the episodes ended and Season 9 started. I guess Summer comes ohh so quick.
                          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Great episode. Loved the story, loved the 3 way battle with the hundreds of ha'taks..

Baal was great, best Goa'uld yet (he has personality), along with Yu in close second. And Zapacna

Loved the galaxy wide 'all sides in' battle, on all fronts. Was great. I wonder what Anubis thinks of it all. I didnt think much of Jacob getting sick but all the people here speculating is interesting.

Daniel getting the upperhand with R/C was great

And i have to say, the scene of the replicator ship disintergrating was awesome!

Comment

Heres the requested screenshots of each gate opening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                                I tried translating the ancient text on the wall. But all I got was jibberish.
                                Not much gibberish. See the Ancient Alphabet thread.
                                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                                X