No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to chime in and say -- HOLY SH*T was that a great episode. IT really felt like it paid a LOT of stuff off, not just plotwise but entire story-arc/character wise.

I agree, Baal just took a GIANT leap forward in being the best Goa'uld of them all (non-ascended, anyway!) His "I'm a God" bit and his comment about being "sick" over Oneill's hand in his own salvation was PRICELESS. Loved it to death.

" and the montage of all the gates was surprisingly uplifting."

I totally agree. I was in TEARS at this moment, it was somehow such a beautiful, wonderful grace note to the series, the Replicator/Goauld storylines, it was just a great reminder of how much SG has ment to me and probably all of you guys as well over so many years.

Here's a game:

can anyone name the planets/episodes we saw in that montage? I recognized a few from episodes (like the red trees - what planet was that one?! Its buggin me) but I wasn't sure about them all. Was the first one Chulak? I don't remember the Pyramid but the stone bits near the gate looked like Chulak.

Anyway, yes, BEST episode of the season, and it just has me highly anticipating Threads.

hurray for this show!

one more thing I loved:

When the replicators barged their way into the SGC with no problem, and Jack's response. HE KNEW this day might come, and he was READY and did EVERYTHING he could to deal with it. It was just awesome to see it happen! Scary, even though of course nothing 'bad' ever really happens, it was easy to pretend something could. Those things are POWERFUL and they were really well drawn over the last few episodes to seem/feel unstoppable.

AND Daniel's bit was awesome.

Is it just me or did this episode feel like one of the most 'team' oriented eps even though each character was alone with his/her mission? That montage at the end when Daniel was dying and Jack and Sam were firing in slow-mo, and tealc was just stoically awaiting his fate, MAN that was such a great touch, a great reminder of who the main characters are and that they ARE a team, even though they're separated sometimes.

Comment

Well.. let's see; great episode! =) Mostly..

Daniel "dying" was an interesting twist that I didn't see coming... but has anyone noticed how bad stuff always happens to Daniel? It's like.. an SG1 tradition... kinda funny, I guess. I wonder how he's gonna get out of it this time, though.

Amanda Tapping was awesome as usual with RepliCarter Though it was a good idea, I felt her character was rather short lived. Then again, they did write this season from the perspective it'd be the last... I think..

I am kinda glad the reps are finally gone, it would've been awful if they'd become terribly overused like the borg did in ST.

Loved the whole thing with Ba'al.. and how he wished Sam and Jacob/Selmak luck before he went poof hehe.. was fun to see them forced to work together.

And the Jaffa rebellion is doing good; I'm thinking the days of the Goa'uld are numbered =)

Looking very forward to Threads and its 90 minute longness I hope it's as good as they say ^_^

My only beef with the episode was how everyone just seemed to have forgotten about Daniel until the very end, although I guess they were pre-occupied...

Oh, also loved the Danny/RepliCarter stuff and how he learned to take control for a bit

It was nice how they built up all that suspense at the end, with the reps attacking Earth and then Ba'al's fleet and finally the temple and then they finally get blown away at the end. It was a great way to get rid of them

Okay.. I think that's it.. had a lot to say there^^

9/10

Comment

OH, and PS:

I just watned to add how AWESOME I thought it was for this episode to make refrence/use of Avenger 2.0, probably one of the most maligned (and not totally unrightly so) episodes of all SG-1. I love how Baal copped to knowing what happened and taking credit for turning the tables. TOTALLY legitimized Avenger 2.0 which otherwise would have been remembered mostly for the action figure scene or some other bit of foolishnes! But it was awesome how Sam *knew* baal could dial all the gates at once, and also cool how the Tok'Ra had no idea about this ability -- made the Goa'uld feel a bit more powerful than they've felt lately.

So again, AWESOME!

Comment

Ba'al was great in this ep (but then, he always is). He always had more depth than the other snakes, but there was something about the was he wished Sam/Jacob/Selmack luck which seemed pretty sincere.

His exit was pretty funky too.

Comment

let's see if i can recall the planets

t'kara
            juna
            chulak
            past and present (the boxes)
            prisoners (the vine covered blocks)
            fiad....the one that was in danie's dream, the pink planet
            one as yet unidentified
            sgc

i might have them a bit out of order, i can't find the list i made
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nurgle
              Ba'al was great in this ep (but then, he always is). He always had more depth than the other snakes, but there was something about the was he wished Sam/Jacob/Selmack luck which seemed pretty sincere.

His exit was pretty funky too.
              Ba'al is definitely more human than most of the other goa'uld. I think it is part of the effort of TPTB in recent seasons to soften the goa'uld so they can have more interactions with SG-1.

As for him being sincere, that's to be expected since his life is also on the line.
              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i can't find the list i made
                The best would be if someone had screen captures of each one and the ep it came from next to it.

Anyone up to it?!

Comment

Well, I've watched the episode 4 times now and i think i love it more and more each time. Here's a little summary.

Jack briefs Sam and Jacob on the fact that Baal has disclosed that he's working for Anubis and he wants them to destroy the ancient weapon. Sam and jacob agree to go to the planet as they need to find the weapon to make sure they actually destroy it. They find it and after deciphering the ancient language they unlock the door and Jacob discovers that the technology maybe used to destroy the replicators as its similar to the disrupter technology Jack built. But Sam points out that in order for it to work they would have to dial all gates simultaneously so the replicators cant adapt. Jacob doesn't know how to do this, but Sam knows someone who does...

Meanwhile...

Although Replicater has the knowledge she wanted from Daniel about the weapon she is aware that there is a great deal of use in all of the ancient knowledge he possesses. He argues that he doesn't remember anything and would never help her but she shows him the end of 'Full Circle' when he was about to stop Anubis and Oma pulled him out. He says he will fight her all the way, even though she argues that she cares for him and earth becuase she shares Sam's memories. However...

The repilcators are already infiltrating the SGC and locked out the computer system. Jack orders a full evacuation of the SGC and orders a lockdown of the base once everyone's clear.

Sam, JAcob and Baal are working on calibrating the weapon to work against the replicators and Baal has shown Sam how to rig the gates to all be dialled at once so that the signal to destroy the replicators will be transmitted. However, at this point his fleet is being attacked - a fleet of replicators are apporaching the planet.

Replicarter is getting giddy with the amount of info she's getting from Daniel's mind. He questions if it's too much for her, but she tells him that she's sharing it with her 'bretheren' (or flunkies). However, he tells her, its not just about the info, its about understanding it and she never will cos she's a machine. He then reveals that he knows the replicators are invading earth and she realises hes in her mind. She tries to stop him, but he grabs her arm and informs her that they're in 'Daniel's world' now.

Jack and Colonel Reynolds are still in the SGC after they find out Siler and five others are still trapped with no way out. They make their way to them and get them out, and succeed but the replicators are closing in on them. They head towards the gateroom in an attempt to dial out, and Jack orders Walter (on the surface) to tell Hammond to blow the nuke asap.

jacob, Baal and Sam are still working on the weapon when a replicator ship lands. Baal has to leave because his ships are losing the battle, even though Teal'c has ordered the rebel Jaffa to fire on the replicator ships too. And as a result they are being defeated as well.

Just then, Daniel's eyes open and he announces that he's got Replicarter. She looks at him in horror as he controls the replicators and they all freeze. All the ships stop, Jacob has time to finish calibrating the weapon and Jack and Reynolds note its odd but continue blasting away.

But Daniel's having trouble controlling all of them, and he looses control, but its too late for the replicators and Jacob starts activating the weapon and all of the gates begin dialling simultaneously. Replicarter takes back control and brings Daniel back to reality and frees him from his restraints. He moves forward with uncertainty and she morphs her arm into a sword and stabs him through the chest.

Meanwhile all gates are activating and we see all of the gates activating and all of the replicators turning to dust. Daniel's eyes close and blood drips from his mouth as Replicarters ship is destroyed. The replicators are gone!

Sam congratulates Jacob on getting the weapon up and running, but he doesn't look too good and he doesn't know why.

We're now on Baal's ship as he orders his fleet to take the rebel jaffa and the city. Teal'c appears on the screen and tells Baal to surrender as he's surrounded and Bra'tac and some rebel jaffa take out his kull warriors and attempt to kill him but he beams out before they can.

Back at the SGC, Sam tells Jack that although Baal's still alive jaffa are flocking to the battle and Teal'c got his turning point, and with the weapons Earth has provided they are actually turning the tide against the kull warriors. 'Viva la revolution!' replies Jack. They then begin to speculate why the replicators stopped, and Sam suggests that it may have been Daniel, but if he was on a replicator ship then we won't have survived. Jack says that they don't know anything and stops the conversation there.

THE END.

Amazing episode! By far the best this season. It was great because every character was doing something. It didn't feel wrong that Jack was at the SGC as you couldn't see him doing anything else. Sam was techno girl, Teal'c had his cause, Daniel was kinda all ancient and powerful and Jack was protecting the SGC. It was funny clever and for Daniel especially shows a good lead into 'Threads', though it does work for Sam and Jack as well, when they said 'froze' together you sensed her realisation that Jack knows her better than anyone.

God it was just amazing and it wasn't all heavily serious.

Cliff Simon was right when he said these were good Baal episodes and it was great when he was all 'I am a God, I am all powerful' and then he screwed up the device' and when he wished them good luck and Jacob commented that it was just creepy.

Siler was classic, and I loved it when Jack said that he expected to be put in Siler's will for saving him and he told him that he was already in his will 'That's just creepy!'

Daniel arguing with replicarter was good and witty as was Jack in general.

Just a couple of nit picky things:

In the words of Jack 'reusing props are we?' - didn't the ancient device look awfully like the time loop device from 'Window of Oportunity'?

And the other thing was I wasn't sure that Baal could rig the device to dial all gates (e.g. Atlantis or any other 8 chevron address, i.e. Asguard planets) though I don't care as it means the replicators are gone.

It was also nice to see the planets they showed being dialled in. Obviously they were using old ones but it was nice to remember previous episodes and recognise which episodes the gates were being used from.

So to finish, loved it, loved it, 11/10. Don't know how they can cap it off and you could definitely see how Reckoning could have been a season finale. They really outdid themselves!

Think I'm done.

Comment

Awesome episode. It's easily one of the best episode of season 8.

I can't wait until the next episode to see how they resolve Daniel's situation (got to love how him tricked RepliCarter).

Now, not I am not trying to be picky here but I am just wondering if this is indeed the last of the Replicators. Does Ba'al's program has the ability to overide stargates that were already in use (and you got to assume that they are being used by the replicators to continue expanding). With RepliCarter out of the way, the rest of the replicators (if any survived at all) should not be as menacing but I guess RepliCarter could have uploaded her consciousness to teh replicator collective...
                    I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

I tried translating the ancient text on the wall. But all I got was jibberish.
                      sigpic

Comment

SOoit seems the WoO time machine was a standard console. Dammit it'd be so cool it every one was huningthis massive uberweapon and turned out to be nothing more than a time looper!
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

What else can I say about this episode?
                          It was superb.....action, suspense, humour and a few twists thrown in for good measure. I'm in two minds about the demise of the replicators. They have been in some of the best SG1 eps ever, but I will agree that maybe its best to finish them now before they become boring. But I'll miss them (Of course - are they really all gone?)
                          Poor Daniel....... how many times now has he - died, been at death's door or (and this always makes me smile) been shot with a zat? Am looking forward to Threads and avoiding spoilers at all costs. When the Replicator ship disintigrated - did anyone else notice Daniel being beamed away or was I seeing things?
                          Yep Baal is now my favourite Goa'uld, you know he's mean as hell and yet he's still .... nice!!
                          Roll on next Tuesday and please let it be goooood

Comment

If Daniel wasn't beamed away, his little tiny human body would be floating in that mass of Replicator blocks, so I'm thinking he WAS taken somehow. Of course it was probably Oma, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              t'kara
                              juna
                              chulak
                              past and present (the boxes)
                              prisoners (the vine covered blocks)
                              fiad....the one that was in danie's dream, the pink planet
                              one as yet unidentified
                              sgc
                              i might have them a bit out of order, i can't find the list i made
                              There was one that cracked me. Probably juna or chulak.

Where all the Jaffa in the old snakehead helmets looked startled when the gate opened.

I could imagine them saying...

"whoa, what's going on - we're still in season 1 here."

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Yes! I waited a whole week for "Reckoning: Part 2". Made my day on Wednesday so much better.

Things I Liked:
                                1. Ba'al and Sam and Jacob. WOW! Tau'ri, Goa'uld, and Tok'ra working together - amazing!
                                2. The SGC being overrun. Something we haven't had for a long time and I liked it.
                                3. Jack going back for Siler. So awesome!
                                4. The weapon when released was so cool. I liked it!
                                5. Frozen replicators was like, great!
                                6. When every single Stargate activated at the same time, and then every single Replicator being turned to dust. AWESOME!!
                                7. The ending was nice. The whole "we don't know what happened to Daniel" thing I liked.
                                8. Daniel's strong mind which was strong enough to stop all Replicators.

Things I Didn't Like:
                                1. DANIEL! NOOOO!!! I knew when Replicarter gave him that look it would happen.
                                2. Ba'al was being too not-Goa'uld like with the helping and the working with the Tok'ra.
                                3. Ba'al disappearing at then end with the beaming away thing. I hate that! So many bad guys save their asses by doing that, its so old now!

Good Quotes/Moments:
                                1. Anytime with Ba'al, Jacob, and Sam.
                                2. Anytime at the SGC when the Replicators attacked.
                                3. Daniel/Replicarter when he controlled her and what resumed from that.
                                4. All Stargates activating! I liked that so much! I love when they show the Stargate....I mean, it is Stargate: SG1!

So my rating for "Reckoning: Part 2?" 10/10 just as I gave to "The Seige: Part 2" because I felt they worked so perfect and somehow, two perfect episodes aired just one day apart. SWEET! Next week: "Threads", aka as it has been called, "Reckoning: Part 3." I love the Daniel-heavy episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X