No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was pretty fantastic. It was the like the story I'd been waiting for this entire season, and I like that it's continued in Threads. Despite Daniel nearly dying again, I really liked his role in gaining the upper hand with RepliCarter, which I honestly wasn't expecting. Again, I like his continuing story in Threads with Oma and Anubis - we're finally getting somewhere with the main storyline.

Everyone has a role to play, and the buildup to the activation of the weapon is epic.

Yep, definitely one of my favorites - if not my favorite - this season.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I have a little trouble believing that Jacob and Sam can read Ancient with Daniel's notes. Languages are complicated that that. Its why Internet translators are so terrible.
    lol

That's how I feel whenever an Earth character can understand a spoken alien language perfectly. Even Daniel as a linguist would have to be speaking all of these languages all the time to retain fluency, not to mention all of the other Earth languages he knows. With whom does he practice Goa'uld and Ancient, anyway? Are we supposed to believe he learned and retained entire languages through old books, ancient writing etched in stone, and no one to practice with?

Sam and Jacob/Selmak understanding random Ancient words in Dekara is even more unbelievable to me, even with Daniel's notes.
    rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
      This episode was pretty fantastic. It was the like the story I'd been waiting for this entire season, and I like that it's continued in Threads. Despite Daniel nearly dying again, I really liked his role in gaining the upper hand with RepliCarter, which I honestly wasn't expecting. Again, I like his continuing story in Threads with Oma and Anubis - we're finally getting somewhere with the main storyline.
      I loved it when he told Replicarter.. Let's spend a little more time in danny's world!

Everyone has a role to play, and the buildup to the activation of the weapon is epic.

Yep, definitely one of my favorites - if not my favorite - this season.
      I even liked Ba'al in this..

That's how I feel whenever an Earth character can understand a spoken alien language perfectly. Even Daniel as a linguist would have to be speaking all of these languages all the time to retain fluency, not to mention all of the other Earth languages he knows. With whom does he practice Goa'uld and Ancient, anyway? Are we supposed to believe he learned and retained entire languages through old books, ancient writing etched in stone, and no one to practice with?

Sam and Jacob/Selmak understanding random Ancient words in Dekara is even more unbelievable to me, even with Daniel's notes.
      i know quite a few people who need to keep reading/speaking a foreign language to 'keep up' their levels of fluency, while a few others (a lot rarer), seem to do well, even after 5+ years of inactivity with that language...

Comment

Great part II following a great part I. Many characters involved, my usual way of watching and doing something else simultanously didn't work here - too much details that I missed. But rewatching was double pleasure. Daniel dead - oh no, he is needed and - fortunately - still on the payroll.
        10 points from 10.
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Part 2 is a lot more entertaining than part 1.

Let's spend some time in Danny's world! -- Yes, let's.

It has some good action. Great character interaction, and some really cool shots.
          I absolutely love all the images of those gates activating.

The replicators are dusted but Ba'al still escapes. We'll get him some other time. For now, we'll just have to take the victory.

Oh, and Daniel dies ... again.

How would you rate SG-1's "Reckoning, Part 2"?

Excellent
          Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I would love to know what Siler leaves Jack in his will.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              I would love to know what Siler leaves Jack in his will.
              His wrench collection?

Comment

More likely, something to do with the Simpsons.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                  More likely, something to do with the Simpsons.
                  The episodes Jack forgot to tape perhaps.

Quiz and jigsaw time...

3-episode quiz: Reckoning I, Reckoning II & Threads

Jigsaw puzzle: Reckoning, part II

Comment

18:01
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

On a planet somewhere their are a bunch of Serpent Guards who don't know Apophis died 3 years ago.

I think the fracturing of the team really hurts this episode. Its a good episode but in an episode where the Replicators are finally defeated, I guess I would like to see them together. That said their is plenty of action to keep one entertained. I especially like Daniel and RepliSam.

A good with 9:09
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                        18:01
                        Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        .... 9:09
                        9 minutes faster than the Padawan, and 8 seconds faster than the Master --> 9:01.

Comment

Great episode full with action, jokes, replicators Goau'lds and everything. Teasing between Jacob and Baal was perfect. What was emotional for me was the look at the gates when they were opening. So many places that SG1 had visited, so many memories of incredible episodes. ( ou yeeah pink planet) Just perfect.
                          I was also a bit sad that Raplicarter was destroyed because AT was briliant in that role and the character itself was full of potential.

Comment

10:42

Love this episode!

Daniel getting into Replicarter’s mind, Sam’s rolling of the eyes when Ba’al said that he is a god and gods are all knowing. Siler telling Jack that he is in his will already. Replicators everywhere. Cool looking Replicator mother ship. Poor Daniel dying again. Jacob finally figuring out last of the code for the weapon. Replicators getting blown to little bits. Jaffa surrounding Ba’al and the Ba’al’s escape. Perfect!

Comment

Working...
                            X