Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kes
    There was one that cracked me. Probably juna or chulak.

Where all the Jaffa in the old snakehead helmets looked startled when the gate opened.

I could imagine them saying...

"whoa, what's going on - we're still in season 1 here."

that was chulak. someone has identified it as being from family

and yeah, they just reused stock footage that didn't have cast members in it

maybe it was a bit symbollic in a way

daniel also 'died' in double jeopardy, almost did in prisoners, got involved with the 'destroyer of worlds' in p&p, quit the/sgc, almost died in FIAD...bout the only one that didn't have daniel dying was chulak and the as yet, unidentified gate
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What planet is Juna? What ep was that from and which of the Reckoning gates was it? I mena, what did it look like?

Comment

i liked episode overall, but that thing with gate being connected with every gate in the galaxy was a little much for me. if that was the case, how would it work if a person went throught that gate? would they appear on all planets at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
          What planet is Juna? What ep was that from and which of the Reckoning gates was it? I mena, what did it look like?
          juna is from double jeopardy and it's the one with all the rocks lined upin front of it
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

thanks! another ep where daniel is 'killed'! Though of course just the alternate Danny.

Comment

Overall a great episode. the one thing that irked me was the rotating lock for the weapon...I mean come on, nobody would ever do that in the history of the galaxy????

I guess since the gou'ld have always controlled the planet and no free people have ever been there it's possible; but a little far fetched.

Loved the daniel eating it again, can't wait for next week !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by darman
                i liked episode overall, but that thing with gate being connected with every gate in the galaxy was a little much for me. if that was the case, how would it work if a person went throught that gate? would they appear on all planets at the same time?
                I think if a person went through when it was rigged up like that, they'd pretty much die.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Wow... what can I add to the conversation that hasn't already been said?

Loved the interaction between Sam and Jacob - especially when they're discussing her blowing up a sun

Selmak! Where have you been m'dear?! We missed you terribly!

Daniel - lordy where does a girl start? Vis Uban blues with no glasses for a start... his sparring and 'defeat' of Replicarter long enough for the Carter Brain Trust (plus snake) being able to figure out how to use the Ancients device and use it.
                  And no I wasn't expecting that ending either. I've heard complaints that Jack wasn't concerned that Daniel was still on the missing list.

Oh he's concerned alright, but there is that small matter of a Replicator invasion of Earth to be concerned about! So yes, he's worried about his dear friend.

Baal - was wonderful as ever. Loved Jacob & Selmak's diva moment (Selmak cannot work like this and neither can I!) And it's great to see that 'Avenger v2.0' has some reason to justify it's existence!

All in all a great episode and despite my eariler misgivings, I'm looking forward to 'Threads'.
                  Can't give higher praise than that!

Comment

So its pretty much safe to say, the replicators are over yay, but i was starting to like Replicator Sam... So are there no more system lord anymore?

Very dramatic episode, liked a lot of things about it, very well could be a season finale for me, especially with a cliffhanger of Daniel's death...
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

That was one of the best episodes yet! Watching the repeats of Season 1 made me wish they'd make more episodes that involve all the team. Even though the team weren't all together this time, it felt like they were.

With all the screens showing the whole universe and all the Stargates being opened at once, the galaxy felt really small.

Also, more Jack/Siler scenes, which are always funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                        That was one of the best episodes yet! Watching the repeats of Season 1 made me wish they'd make more episodes that involve all the team. Even though the team weren't all together this time, it felt like they were.

With all the screens showing the whole universe and all the Stargates being opened at once, the galaxy felt really small.

Also, more Jack/Siler scenes, which are always funny.
                        Maybe its been mentioned (through the countless pages), but did anyone else think it was weird when Siler and the other ppl were stuck behind a 'blast door' and Jack was communicating with him, and Siler was all like, "YES SIR", while Jack had a regular toned voice?

Comment

Additional:

Commented last week that it there seemed to be a mass imporvement in the Asguard voice with Thor, just had to add that the goa'uld voices were better this week and the quick interchange between Jacob and Selmak without the long head bob was great - you so sense that these two are kinda soul mates (iin a weird ass sort of way)

As many people have commented I think it did look like Daniel was beamed away, but it also looked as though the same happened to replicarter. Scarily, though quite possibly, she found some knowledge in Daniel's mind that could help her ascend or escape in some way (though she is a machine, she said she had a mind and a consciousness so anything's possible). I think they may have realised Replicarter is a good baddy, and although i hate the replicators i like her, and the look on her face when Daniel was all like "You lied to me!" was priceless.

One thing I disliked about the Daniel/RC thing was when she released him when they were back on the ship , the way he stepped forward looking all determined I was thinking, like where you gonna go?

Showing him the bit from Full Circle though certainly sets him up for being pissed at Oma in Threads.

Ohh lets all say thankyou to Sky One for showing the 90 min one (though why they couldn't just cut themselves down to 1 simpsons, show SG-1 at 7.30 and keep Atlantis at 9 I don't know!)

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                            Maybe its been mentioned (through the countless pages), but did anyone else think it was weird when Siler and the other ppl were stuck behind a 'blast door' and Jack was communicating with him, and Siler was all like, "YES SIR", while Jack had a regular toned voice?
                            Countless? There's three That's not even one hands worth!
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                              Countless? There's three That's not even one hands worth!
                              "exaggeration" haha...

Comment

Additional thing. Was nice to see the Jaffa using P-90's etc, though i'm just looking at the Threads spoilers [Mod edit - please use spoiler space if you are spoiling. Thanks]
                                Spoiler:
                                and they all seem to be back with their staff weapons. Has no one told them they're useless against the kull warriors, hence why we got them using ours?

also, had never obviously read this part properly before (probably becuase the sentence before says sams having doubts about Pete) but it does mention that Jacob is very sick. What did that device to do him?

And furthermore, do people think they blew up the Ancient device after they used it, or are they for some inexpilcable reason giving Anubis a reason to come and get them?
                                Last edited by Madeleine; 04 February 2005, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X