Hmm... don't get to say this often.
As much as I loved Season 6, there hasn't been a Stargate episodet this good since Season 5. Finding faults in this episode is virtually impossible. In fact, I can only find three, and that's if I stretch it:
1. The device was the same one as WoO, but why no "This is familiar" from Sam?
2. Dailing all the Gates at once; the thing from WoO did that as well, so why'd we need Ba'al to do it?
3. The UV-washed world that had a Gate on it may or may not exist.
And truly, these are minor, minor nitpicks.
Everything about this episode was just wonderful:
1. Replicarter just felt like a completely different character. Hats off to AT for managing to play someone who looks the same, has the same feelings, yet is still a completely different person... I mean ... killing machine.
2. Ba'al was great. I am so glad he's not dead.
3. Playing up the angle that Selmak (and therefore Jacob) was finding it really difficult to work with Ba'al was a very clever thing to do. Here we have a Tok'ra, who's entire existance is based around fighting the Goa'uld, and he's been doing it for millenia, and now he's forced to work with one. It would be constantly eating him up inside.
4. CONTINUITY!!! Lots of references to other things - Avenger, Exodus etc.
5. Replicators in the SGC! The moment they started streaming out of the Gate my eyes shot out of my skull. I was completely not expecting that. Jack went into immediate combat mode and it did what I wasn't expecting - it put Jack back in the episode and actually made his presence worthwhile - he was doing something, something very important.
6. Jack going back for Siler! That was awesome. Both the 'blast door' and 'will' bits were great.
7. Daniel was very good in this episode. I loved the "No, but I'm learning!" line.
8. The second moment that made my eyes shoot out of my head - DANIEL DIED... AGAIN! I had no idea that was coming, took me totally by surprise. And it's not like 'Oh he's dead floating around on that ship', it's 'Oh he's dead and OMG the ship he was on just decintergrated!' I mean, talk about peril. I've often said that you can't threaten a character's life this late into a shows run (7th or 8th season) and expect there to be true suspence. What you can do to create suspence is just out and out KILL people, as they did in this. And man... did it work. And it was a completely different feeling to Meridian as well. In Meridian we knew he was going the whole ep, so it was sad. In this it was BANG, you're stabbed in the chest and BOOM, the ship is destroyed.
9. Sam and Jack trying to cope with their lack of knowledge over Daniel by not coping with it. Jack did exactly what he did in Revelations (Revelations being the ep from Season 5 that Reckoning 2 manages to match) and just shuts her down, refusing to even talk about it ('We don't know anything') and Sam cannot really start the conversation.
10. The music. Towards the end with the shots of everyone in peril, Sam and Jack firing away. The music was just great.
11. GIANT fleets of ships. Never before in Stargate have we seen anything like that.
12. The best beat in the entire episode:
CUT TO Reynolds and Jack.
Jack: That's odd.
They shruyg. Reynolds and Jack start firing again.
That bit was great.
11/10 for this episode. Best episode in a LONG LONG time.