This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured out a way to kill an ascended being

They sometimes use the stargate for travel. Well, just shut off the gate when they are halfway through. You you'll slice that arrogant no-good ascended being in two, since half of them will be dematerialized in the stargate. They will never rematerialized on the other side, so part of their 'essence' will be lost forever.

Calling Daniel arrogant? ! NOT ALL OF THEM ARE ANCIENTS (dumb caps lock!) and not all the ancients were arrogant either

This only works if they're in the gate in the first place and since they're "base particles" I think it wouldn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
      Calling Daniel arrogant? ! NOT ALL OF THEM ARE ANCIENTS (dumb caps lock!) and not all the ancients were arrogant either

This only works if they're in the gate in the first place and since they're "base particles" I think it wouldn't work

Well we've seen about 2-3 ascended beings use the stargate...The one from SGA season 1 [cant remember the ep or name]who came to Atlantis and SG-1 from season 5 [?]...

How would you shut down the gate while they're in mid travel anyway?

and

Why?

It is not nice killing someone no matter how arrogant they are
      WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
      Germany Chiefed Poland.
      England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
      England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
      France got Chiefed.
      Japan decided to scout America.
      America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
      America cut Japan to 90 pop.
      Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
      USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
      Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
      Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
      USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
      Hitler deleted his account...
      USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

I know how to kill them also. It's called Merlin's weapon. Or you could be an ascended being yourself and kill another one of your kind.

Comment

Yes and, yes, but the others would stop you possibly

Comment

Yes and, yes, but the others would stop you possibly
            Possibly?

There is no possibly about it....

They would definitely stop you
            WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
            Germany Chiefed Poland.
            England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
            England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
            France got Chiefed.
            Japan decided to scout America.
            America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
            America cut Japan to 90 pop.
            Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
            USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
            Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
            Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
            USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
            Hitler deleted his account...
            USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

Unless you killed them 1st... with Merlin's weapon
              And yeah, ascended beings don't gate often, anyways !

Comment

I'm sure they can exist in subspace any way .

Comment

Unless you killed them 1st... with Merlin's weapon
                  And yeah, ascended beings don't gate often, anyways !
                  For one thing, you can't shut down the gate; they're powering the gate with their power, and it shuts down when they're through. Watch Sanctuary again. Chaya Sar went activated the gate, which just came out. She went through it, and it immediately went off. Her powers shut it on, and once through, her powers shut it off.

Another thing, only matter is dematerialized. Signals passes through in their actual state. How do we know this: Several episodes they talked to people via radio and or video communication. There wasn't any three second (you're supposedly dematerialized for three seconds )lag time between them. At least none announced. So if an Ascended being is composed of energy which exist in a state beyond the actual universe, shutting off the gate mid flight would only stretch their actual essence across a very large distance in subspace. They could easily reconstitute themselves.

Besides, the Ancients always seemingly watch others of their species who interact with the physical world.

Supreme Commander: I've always wondered, what if the ancients deAscended for a while, they'd be human wouldn't they. So killing them with Merlin's weapon would be impossible.

Comment

Yeah, even if you could shut down the gate, ascended beings exist in a non-corporeal form. There are no molecules to demolecularize.
                    sigpic

Comment

hi nu 2 gateworld d only way 2 shut down a gate was 4 it 2 b destroyed like d episode were tea`c got stuck in d gate buffer cos d gate on d other side was destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by coldmachine View Post
                        I know how to kill them also. It's called Merlin's weapon. Or you could be an ascended being yourself and kill another one of your kind.
                        4 posts, I was expecting less.

on topic, i think to kill the ascended being you would have to eliminated the entire of thier esscense, so chopping them in half with the gate wouldn't kill them IMO. but that is just my opinion, i have no evidence to back it up.

and in response to

How would you shut down the gate while they're in mid travel anyway?
                        SG-1: 48 hours, just remove the power sources from both dhd's .
                        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by coldmachine View Post
                          Being ascended ensures an infinite battle with the other ascended being. In every battle between ascended beings that we saw in the series, neither being could destroy the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                            Being ascended ensures an infinite battle with the other ascended being. In every battle between ascended beings that we saw in the series, neither being could destroy the other.
                            but i think we can assume a belief powered ascended being can kill another normal ascended being. else why would the Ori be willing to go to war with the ancients if it meant an eternal struggle? and why would Morgan be afraid of fighting Adria?
                            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                              but i think we can assume a belief powered ascended being can kill another normal ascended being. else why would the Ori be willing to go to war with the ancients if it meant an eternal struggle? and why would Morgan be afraid of fighting Adria?
                              I don't think that the Others would allow an Ascended being in their midst to gain worshipers. They would most likely take a vote, and if the vote said to destroy the miscreant, use the power of the Collective to wipe the aforementioned miscreant.
                              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                              X