No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good preparation for part 2, and Anubis is back, ready to create new dangers for everybody in the universe. Well, we're all waiting or them. Replis again and Yu never again.
    Good one.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

So the story needs a set-up and that's what we're given. If this had been done in one episode it wouldn't have felt right, so I am glad they stretch it across 2 episodes, but it also means that there's a lot of filler.

Also, everyone's off doing their thing: Teal'c and Bra'tac off to retake Dakara, Carter on a joy-ride with Thor, Jack at the SGC and Daniel captured by Repli!Carter.

All small pieces of the bigger puzzle. They all come together in the end and that's good.

Some funny bits with Jack, and the butt of many jokes, Lord Ba'al of course.

It's not an episode that I'm overwhelmingly excited about but it isn't bad either.

How would you rate SG-1's "Reckoning, Part 1"?

Excellent
      Good
      Fair -- it's a set up. The pay-out doesn't happen until part 2 so fair it is.
      Poor
      Terrible
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You skipped Citizen Joe
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          You skipped Citizen Joe
          I did not -- my DVD order puts CJ after Threads.

I think they have filming order instead of broadcast order -- for whatever reason.

My season 2 WH13 DVD makes an even bigger mistake, the episode order on the DVD's is out of whack completely. The fourth disc holds episode 4, 8 & 12 (in that order), so I had to tuck a post-it note with the DVD to remind myself that the order of the episodes is -- well -- out of whack.

Comment

I think they do a fairly good job of keeping the tension up during this set up episode.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

You don't have the follow the DVD order FH

When I do a rewatch I tend to watch them in the proper order no matter what the DVD/streamer has them in
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                When I do a rewatch I tend to watch them in the proper order no matter what the DVD/streamer has them in
                Okay, I admit I didn't know they were out of order until I saw the episode titles on GW. I've never watched this DVD-set before, nor have I watched my sets for season 9 and 10 (so that could get interesting).

Comment

Quiz and jigsaw time...

3-episode quiz: Reckoning I, Reckoning II & Threads

Jigsaw puzzle: Reckoning, part I

Comment

15:52
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Falcon has a point about the two parter largely being setup for part 2. That said, this common for Stargate episodes. Even Lost City has a lot of build up for the big Antarctic battle. So I agree that its setup but its entertaining setup. My favorites are what Sam and Daniel are doing. I think at this time I am more interested in the Replicators than the Goa'uld. I found the whole Dakara being a holy place a big eye roll moment and Teal'c being stupid. I think I give it fair with 8:33.

Oh and Anubis magically escaped that ice planet somehow.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

8:05 -- a few seconds faster than the Master.

Comment

Very good episode. Good action, good plot. I liked how Jack was teasing Baal ( Baal is such a cool Goau'ld) and also finaly Jacoooob We have to enjoy him as long as it is possible ( unfortunately not so long anymore)
                          I have to say that season 8 was a bit surprise for me. I remembered it to be worse but now I think I like season 8 even more than season 7. Lack of Jack was somehow not as striking ( for me) as in the season 7.

Comment

Working...
                          X