Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
    We know that Anubis was exiled to KS7-535 in Vaselov's body and it was implied at the end of 'Lockdown' that the planet's gate lacked a DHD. From that point of view, it seemed that the exile was pretty permanent - but that was never going to be guaranteed. It's also worth noting that the Ancients didn't seem to have much problem with him doing that old body-swapping thing then - the plan Sam concocted to get rid of him involved goading him into making full use of his powers in the hope that they would take steps. Unfortunately, they failed to push him into doing anything forbidden, so the Ancients didn't intervene.

All Anubis had to do was lie dormant in Vaselov's frozen body and wait and see if anyone was going to come along and find him - after all, until his orbit coincided with the International Space Station, he was stuck lurking in open space. Whether he was able to make the jump from Vaselov while he was frozen, or needed to await defrosting is perhaps an issue, but either way, all that was required was for him to be found. Clearly he was.

Give all the different things that were going on in 'Reckoning', I guess there simply wasn't time for a bit of flashback in which we are shown Anubis's escape and return to Goa'uld Central. While it would have been nice - it wasn't perhaps essential to the story to know how Anubis got back into circulation. The fact is simply that he did. Sooner than expected perhaps, but not exactly impossible.
    Thats cool but I think an expanation was needed as this was a frozen planet that has no DHD and I doubt someone is going to come around for a body swap in a spaceship...This is gonna haunt me for life

Comment

Pretty good set up for part 2. I wish the Goa'uld would just disappear already, though. I'm really tired of them and the Jaffa. End it and move on to something different. The replicators are also getting a bit tiresome.

Comment

This and the part 2 ware great double episodes.

I like how so many key character or race was all brought together in this episode. the goauld, jaffa, asgard, replicators, hell even anubis made a mysterious come back in a body that looked like Sokar

it was exciting.

And I like Jack's humor too in this episode.

Comment

Sigh... If only the visual effects artists had removed the moon from this shot of Anubis' base, we continuity nerds could say that he took over Delmak...

Spoiler:
          sigpic
          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Excellent episode, with a dramatic pre credits sequence and overall was easily one of the best 2-parters. The only bad thing I can think of is that on the dvd it should be one whole episode like some of the other 2 parters but this is only a very minor irritation (along with the episodes being in a slightly different order)

Comment

Not in my top 3 of the season but not bad. Jack is always funny.
              sigpic

Comment

very good episode, they wrote the atmosphere of the chaotic situation well

and yu deserved a more grandiose finale
                Last edited by asdf1239; 03 May 2010, 01:46 AM.
                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Yeah, Yu's death was a bit of an anti-climax to be sure. Baal being in the service of Anubis was a bit of a shock, though!
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh damn this ep and part 2 are swapped around on my DVD's. So I have gone and seen this before Citizen Joe. Oh well.

A good ep. Really disappointing end to Yu though. That blade that RepliSam used to kill him looked really bad. You could tell it was just stuck over her hand.

The Goa'uld almost get entirely wiped out by the Replicators. Leaving just Ba'al and Anubis left. Speaking of Anubis I remember his return being a big shock the first time I saw it. Pretty creepy the way he uses a body until it fails and moves onto the next.

Thor and Sam were so close to having another solution to beating the Replicators again. Didn't last long though. Pretty funny when Thor beamed Sam back down.

The capture of Dakara by Teal'c, Bra'tak and the rebel Jaffa is a big moment in Jaffa freedom.
                    Last edited by Lieutenant Sparrow; 22 March 2012, 04:23 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

This was an awesome episode. Damian Kindler's best episode (it's so good, it's like he didn't write it alone), I'll say more tomorrow.

So Jacob has betrayed the Tok'ra one last time (kind of).

I may have Full Circle length notes for tomorrow's Episode.

Tomorrow, the conclusion and the fall of the Free Jaffa Rebellion (oops).
                      sigpic

Comment

A great first part to a fantastic two parter!

It's great how this story unfolds on different fronts and converge on one place, Dakara, where it turns out there is another Ancient weapon with the power to destroy the Replicators!

Watching each group of characters coming to this point made this along with part 2 the top episodes of the season for me.

Just about every character has something to do in this, making it extra fun to watch. Jack, Walter and Siler in the SGC, Jacob/Selmak turn up as the more or less renegade Tok'ra who give valuable information to the Tau'ri who in turn help the Jaffa with Teal'c, Bra'tac and Rac'nor to formulate their plan of action against Ba'al to push the cause of Jaffa freedom forward. Sam working with Jacob. Evil Replicarter Sam being fought by Daniel who turns the tables on her. Ba'al being shrewd enough to know that he could use the help of the Tau'ri against the common enemy.

Love how all these threads come together to set it up nicely for a great resolution in part 2.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Maybe a bit too much Yu ranting, but I was disappointed by his death too...
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Another ep of SG1...

1. They were a little casual about the capture of Daniel but they possibly thought they had bigger fish to fry.

2. Jacob was still willing to write Teal'c off.

3. Forgot how ugly Anubis was.

4. Also forgot one of the Jaffa was played by Mr Chocolate Salty Balls!

5. And "I asked you not to tell me"...it's the small things I forgot...

Great ep!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                              4. Also forgot one of the Jaffa was played by Mr Chocolate Salty Balls!
                              Oh yeah, I had to stop myself from giggling because I kept thinking "Hello there, children" when he was trying to be all serious and stuff
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This episode struggles with the problem that many two parters of SG1 has. Thier is a lot of time of time to development to make the part II awesome that part is kind of stagnet. Thier is a lot of truth to that one as a lot is devoted to developing some things are kind of slow. Although that slow action is fun to watch. I especially like the Thor scenes and seeing Jacob return. It was obvious from the beginning thatRepliCarter was Oma but I still liked the battle of words the two people. But one thing that bugs me like crazy is the magical reappearence of Anubis. No explanation was given of how he escaped the icy planet.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X