No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was so cool.Can´t wait for next week. I was just trying to figure out who the remaining system lords were, just at the begining of the episode. The man who was sitting on the right side-could it be Zipacna? He looked like him. And who was the Baal´s servant?Could it be Kali (from Summit/Last Stand)? Any ideas?

Comment

i think Baal doesn't like being bossed around by Anubis which is why he went behind Anubis' back and told O'Neill about the Ancient's superweapon! but how did Baal find out? Also isn't Kali the goddess of blood and death in India? and from what religion is Baal a god in?

Comment

hello! i'm really excited about this ep!!! will hopefully be seeing it in a day or two hehe
        but im looking for a pic to keep me going while i wait! its been mentioned a few times, but i cant seem to find it its from tv zone magazine and of daniel encased in the repliblocks apparently! im really anxious to find this pic, so if anyone has it, or knows where it is, could you please help? it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
        Teal'c: Chelnak!
        Daniel: Direct translation: Very cool!

Teal'c: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Jack O'Neill: "Au revoir"... it's French for "ciao"

Daniel Jackson: Can we stop agreeing on how we're gonna die, and start doing something about it?

Comment

Originally posted by shovar
          what religion is Baal a god in?
          http://www.pantheon.org/articles/b/baal.html

Comment

Another week, another top episode from Stargate.

Terrific opening scene. RepSam updating the Sys Lords on her promotion was a fun nod to Real Sam with Aris Boch.

Poor Yu; He looked hopeful, behind that superior demeanor, that Carter was going to help him out. Instead she carved him up.

Gary Jones was great in this ep, playing the harried Harriman.

I was worried for a while that the Asgard deus ex machina would ruin the drama, but, no, it just heightened the danger, upped the stakes. Their failure put me in mind of the Borg, assimilating and recalibrating on the spot.

It was nice to see that thieving Jacob, again. Next time bring silverware, Jake! A nice little Tok'Ra commerative naquadah spoon, maybe.

Wonderful to see Sam and Daniel interacting, again, even if it was eeevil Sam.

And now I'm really, really worried about Thor.

And does anyone else have the feeling that Rep Carter's days are numbered? The greatest threat to the universe will likey be destroyed and the whole replicator business wrapped up at Takara.

Okay, now I'm off to read what everyone else saw in the ep.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
              Thor had better survive
              Teal'c will survive
              Daniel will survive
              Nobody will get the weapon
              I will be hit by a bus before next Tuesday, given my luck
              No worries, Teal'c; you can get tv in hospital rooms.
              Gracie

Comment

Aaah, this is the way all episodes should be, tied into a storyarc. This is what all episodes could be like if TPTB decided to write all episodes following a storyline and making small steps instead of leaping two billion miles in one episode(Rebel Fleet, Replicators taking over the galaxy).

Most of all I think they'd need a budget increase, something they should be given seeing that SG1 has been popular, and continues to be so, for several years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                  And Anubis being back! What a surprise! And he was sooo scary too in Sokar's body (that was Sokar right? It was his planet. But shouldn't there be no moon seeing as how Ne'tu was destroyed?)
                  I don't think it was Sokar. The host was simply being eaten up by the radiation from Anubis' energy. It is more than likely that Anubis has had dozens of hosts since he was in that Russian guy on Planet Popsicle. The cape is probably a shield of some kind. Can't have radiation leaks on a ship, eh?

BTW, I loved the expression on Baal's face when he turned away from Anubis. Baal knows that Nuby is just as fallible as he is.
                  Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman
                    what is it with incredibly advanced races and weapons of total annihilation? I mean, why the hell would the Ancients build a weapon capable of killing every living being in the galaxy? And how would it affect the replicators, since they aren't technically alive in the first place ...
                    The Evil Overlord manual hadn't been written yet?

No, seriously, I doubt the Ancients built a doomsday device specifically. Who knows, it may be the device that allows for Ascension.

Anubis may have used it to ascend the first time, but can't use it himself anymore because the Ancients did something to him so that he can't interface with it, even with his host.

He may, however, know that, like the naquadah generator, if you overload the ascension device(assuming that's what it is) that it'll make a Big Bang to rival the first Big Bang.
                    Gracie

Comment

Or maybe it was their way to wipe out the plauge and then reseeding the whole galaxy without the plauge. Obviously they probably could reseed life in their current state, but uninfected.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                        Or maybe it was their way to wipe out the plauge and then reseeding the whole galaxy without the plauge. Obviously they probably could reseed life in their current state, but uninfected.
                        <nods> Or that.
                        Gracie

Comment

A lot of posturing in this episode and not to much “action”, some of the cuts were rather randomised. I think they’re saving all of good stuff for later with Reckoning II, Threads and Moebius.

SG-1 still has an odd feel this season

However, this was a great episode, a bit like New Order, the pace of the story got quicker over the whole episode and certain bombshells were indeed bombshells!

Best SG-1 S8 episode since New Order II, left a huge job for SGA in order to top it and SGA did top it; Before I Sleep was sensational

Now the deal with advanced races and apocalyptic “weapons”…

All comes down to the power sources they utilise, the more advanced you are the more power you can harness. More power = more energy = more big bangs.

I don’t think the device capable of killing the Reps and all life is indeed a weapon at all. Taken from Threads
                          Spoiler:
                          Anubis intends to use the device used by the Ancients, to restore the galaxy to the way it was before a great plague wiped all life out, (Plague = Reps? Matrix style repetition of events?) to wipe out all life and re-create it in his own vision.

I’m guessing the device Replicarter was talking about is the same one referred to in Threads

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                          One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                          One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                          Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                          Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                          Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

It is good to see that we are getting some more off world conflicts now the last 5 episodes haven't been very interesting in relating to the major conflict that SG-1 has.

Still feels weird that Jack sits around SGC and doesn't go offworld just doesn't feel right. He is getting too cheeky tho too.

Still glad to see Stargate coming around for the end of season 8. This season has been a low point in the series...
                            Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
                            - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
                            - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
                            Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
                            Mayboune: *shrugs*
                            - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Originally posted by kashi
                              Awesome episode. The first good episode in season 8. Perhaps the replicators were the plague that the ancients refer to.
                              it was made clear that the replicators were found in a different galaxy by the asgard. the plague was in MW
                              come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

spoilers- highlight to read

well according to the spoilers for threads, daniel has to choose to ascend and anubis, who oma helped ascend, has the ancient weapon that seeded life in the galazy which he iss going to reverse to destroy life in the galaxy.

so i think what happens inpt 2 is anubis gets the weapon and daniel dies leading the climatic 90 minute threads episode where it is daniel vs. anbuis. or one can dream.. but it does lead to threads.
                                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Working...
                                X