Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kashi
    Awesome episode. The first good episode in season 8. Perhaps the replicators were the plague that the ancients refer to.
    That wouldn't be possible because it was that girl who made the replicators, and she wasn't from the Pegesus galaxy at all.

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode but most upset that my favourite system lord and his pocket sized 1st Prime are probably gone forever (can't see the replicators leaving them alive).

You could see the seeds being laid for the remaining arc of the last few episodes of season eight.

Everytime I saw Walter in this episode I got flashbacks to Radar in Mash, just the resigned look on his face when Thor beamed Carter up before he could finish his sentence. He was so cute trying to make small talk with Baal. Loved the Tuna line from Jack. (it definitly looked like MW in the background during that scene)

I hope Jacob doesn't get into too much trouble, I wonder if Selmak was in full agreement with what he was doing! Jack/Jacob interactions are always good fun, " you said we had a problem, not a big intergalactic emercency"-

I must admit to a "Fer crying out loud Daniel, it's not Oma" moment as soon as she appeared, but the way he figured it out was just excellent.

I must say Season Eight is ending on a very strong note.

Comment

Had to watch this again as there was so much
        going on! Fantastic first part, loved the
        banter from Jack when talking to Ba'al i think
        he was covering up his unease with Ba'al by
        being over the top stupid but inside he was
        thinking out his options very carefully and
        clearly, nicely done by RDA.

Once again a nice job done by Amanda for RC
        i really do hope we see more of her after
        next week as she is so very cool, bad and a
        whole lot more that i think needs to be shown!
        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
          Had to watch this again as there was so much
          going on! Fantastic first part, loved the
          banter from Jack when talking to Ba'al i think
          he was covering up his unease with Ba'al by
          being over the top stupid but inside he was
          thinking out his options very carefully and
          clearly, nicely done by RDA.

Once again a nice job done by Amanda for RC
          i really do hope we see more of her after
          next week as she is so very cool, bad and a
          whole lot more that i think needs to be shown!
          Why is your text only reaching half the width of the posting box? It's like its in a column or something, kind of odd.

Anyways, I agree on the nice job kudos AT should get for playing RC, a true talent in acting. As well, it's good to see MS's voice talent isnt being wasted, as him playing the voice of Thor is always a refresher.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman
            I loved this ep and I can't wait for Part 2. Just a minor complaint though: what is it with incredibly advanced races and weapons of total annihilation? I mean, why the hell would the Ancients build a weapon capable of killing every living being in the galaxy? And how would it affect the replicators, since they aren't technically alive in the first place ...

after find an enemy as the wraith who wouldnt?

If i were them I would probably have at least 3 of those , just in case one doesnt do the whole job

Comment

Yu's dead.

Good.

Yu was one of my fav characters, but then the writers dropped the ball and turned him from an excellent 'grey area' badguy who sometimes helped us, sometimes hindered us into a bumbling old fool. The destruction of his character was almost as bad as Tannith's sudden, wasteful death.

That said, the episode was great! Lots of things all coming together at once. I sorta guessed it wasn't Oma, but I so did not see the whole Ba'al serving Anubis thing coming. That was a big surprise. Very cool.

Reckoning and Siege Part 2 next week. Can't wait.

BYE
              "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by 9-Chevron
                after find an enemy as the wraith who wouldnt?
                Maybe, but there's no indication that the weapon was built after the Ancients returned from Pegasus ...
                Truth is relative. Pick one that works

Comment

this is what i believe will happen in part 2
                  daniel will die and has to choose whether to ascend or not
                  i can't believe about the superweapon and the fact that anubis is back
                  bra'tac and teal'c won't die BUT most of the jaffa with them will die!
                  thor dies from the replicators on his ship
                  but with his final breath he found a way to kill the replicators and sends it to the SGC
                  i just wish that i didn't have to wait 6 more days untill the next episode!

Comment

a great ep, they make more eps like this

Comment

Great ep, another great one from season 8 (which hasnt dissapointed me yet)

Everyones covered everything pretty well, nothing i can add yet.

Comment

thor cant die he needs to upgrade hyperdrives on daedelus. I think if replicater is destroyed the cypher will be broken and all replicators will be vunerable to the weapon again and destroyed.

Comment

One word....

WOW!!!!!

The wait till next Tuesday is gonna kill me!!!
                          meh

Comment

Originally posted by nthanki
                            Did anyone notice the officer standing next to walter when he and siler were "talking" to Baal? Im pretty sure he was wearing an F-302 uniform as i spotted its distinctive uniform. I'll try and get a picture tomorrow. From what i can remember the officer had black hair. Could this be Lt. Col. M.M? Maybe he was visiting the base but O'neill obviously had more pressing matters so left him in the capable hands of siler or walter. Maybe i am jumping to conclusions.
                            It was Martin Wood in another of his camero roles. Also did anyone notice Peter DeLuise's role in the episode as a airmen holding his weapon on one of the gate activations.

This was an ace episode. So much was going on and it included loads of races. Goa'uld - Tokra - Asgard - Replicators - Jaffa and I know it wasn't Oma but Ancients could get included.

Loved Walter's small role again in this episode with Baal, I wondered why he was in the Gate Room with Siler, he should be in the control room. Must have wanted a chance to be snarky to a Goa'uld.

I don't think Baal likes working for Anubis, I mean I think he'll want Anubis dead and I don't think Baal has been working for Anubis for a long time as in New Order the System Lords said Baal found the planet etc.

Can't wait for next week - so much happened this week and it involved the whole galaxy and all the main races. I can see how this all ties in with the next four episodes. Roll on next Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagutsuchi Ryoma
                              Why is your text only reaching half the width of the posting box? It's like its in a column or something, kind of odd.

Anyways, I agree on the nice job kudos AT should get for playing RC, a true talent in acting. As well, it's good to see MS's voice talent isnt being wasted, as him playing the voice of Thor is always a refresher.

I use a tv digi-box to access Gateworld and i'm
                              having trouble with the text for some reason so
                              don't really know why
                              I do have new wide screen tv so maybe that is

doing something
                              ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                                I use a tv digi-box to access Gateworld and i'm
                                having trouble with the text for some reason so
                                don't really know why
                                I do have new wide screen tv so maybe that is

doing something
                                LOL not only is the text half the page i've also got a space.
                                I think i've got gremlins in my digi-box!
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X