X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    That was... spectacular...

A quick rundown of the wowness factor:
    - Replicarter takes over the System Lords' space station, killing Yu.
    - Rebel Jaffa have control of several Ha'taks
    - Rak'nor may be dead
    - Daniel kidnapped by Replicarter
    - Replicators launching full assault against the Goa'uld
    - Thor and Sam trying to counter the Replicators' defence
    - Baal trying to get help from Jack
    - Rebel Jaffa take holy temple on Takara
    - Baal serving under Anubis
    - Replicarter posing as Oma Desala
    - Giant Ancient weapon on Takara
    - Isaac friggin Hayes!
    - Replicarter getting caught out by "If the candle light is fire..."
    - Walter trying to make small talk with Baal
    - Kull Warriors!
    - Jack finding out Anubis is in charge
    - Jack dismissing Baal's pleas
    - Thor going on a suicide mission (he better survive)
    - Anubis changing hosts

I could go on. Suffice to say, I now worship Damian Kindler This was one of the best eps of all time and I am completely screwed for the next week waiting for Part 2 of this and The Siege...
    Holy crap, I can't wait for this episode!

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by DIngChavez
      *Wonders why Anubis wanted Teal'c+Jaffa to take Ta'kara............*
      : Why did Emperor Palpatine let the rebels know of the second death star? So he could wipe them out.

Did anyone notice the pronounced similaritys between RotJ and the Ta'kara assault? Suicide mission? Had to be done? Needed the entire Rebel Fleet?

Which leads me to just one gripe with this episode: REBEL FLEET?!?!? Thanks for setting that one up guys, didn't come out of the blue at all....
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Yeah, but if Anubis is going to use the weapon to wipe out everybody, why should he care about the Rebels?

Comment

Are all the system lords dead? and even if it is all over and the goa'uld survive they will be alot weaker then before

Comment

Originally posted by Galluslass
            Daniel at first, but was a tad disappointed when no one was at all vexed
            that the Replicators had him - like Jack's reaction to the news was like DJ had just popped out for a paper and a pint of milk!! with no further reference to him for the rest of the ep as to what his plight might be at the hands of ol' Replicarter. Jack did fret about Teal'c though, so that was cool.

Yeah, real cool that Jack apparently can only spare concern for one teammate. And, apparently everyone followed his example? I'm feeling the warm fuzzies all over.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
              : Why did Emperor Palpatine let the rebels know of the second death star? So he could wipe them out.

Did anyone notice the pronounced similaritys between RotJ and the Ta'kara assault? Suicide mission? Had to be done? Needed the entire Rebel Fleet?

Which leads me to just one gripe with this episode: REBEL FLEET?!?!? Thanks for setting that one up guys, didn't come out of the blue at all....
              Well, it was 3 ships... out of hundreds controlled by the Goa'uld. Quite plausable that the rebel Jaffa were able to capture some ships.

Anubis may only use the weapon as a backup. "If I can't rule it all then I'll destroy it all." Thus, he cares about putting down the rebellion, if he plans to take out the Replicators and rule over the entire galaxy.

Also, maybe he just plans to destroy the galaxy anyway, but caring about the rebels is a front so he can remain in command of Baal's domain.

Comment

Did anyone notice the officer standing next to walter when he and siler were "talking" to Baal? Im pretty sure he was wearing an F-302 uniform as i spotted its distinctive uniform. I'll try and get a picture tomorrow. From what i can remember the officer had black hair. Could this be Lt. Col. M.M? Maybe he was visiting the base but O'neill obviously had more pressing matters so left him in the capable hands of siler or walter. Maybe i am jumping to conclusions.
                Actually, I'm pretty sure it was a cameo by Martin Wood. Could be wrong, but definitely that was my first thought. Looked like him.

Well, I really enjoyed this one. Almost every scene had something in it to love. Great action, team, recurring characters...wonderful.
                Some memorable quotes:

Daniel: Teal'c, the odds don't favour us.
                Teal'c (who had been worried up till this point, but now relaxes and smiles) They never do, Daniel Jackson

Jacob: My relations with the council are still strained
                Jack: They won't improve if you keep stealing things. [Jacob gives him The Look] Hey, not complaining. I'll take anything you can get us. Weapons...receivers...silverware...

Jack: Sorry to keep you waiting. I was just finishing up a lovely brunch.
                Ba'al: Impudence.
                Jack: No. Tuna.

I loved the easy familiarity that Thor's relationship with SG1 has taken on. As epitomised by Carter's casual wave and 'Hi, Thor' when he beamed her up to the ship. Walter was hilarious as usual both in the scene where he's interrupted in telling Jack Thor's ready and in trying to engage Ba'al in polite chitchat when he's fuming on the ramp as Jack keeps him waiting. LOL. Once again, AT was wonderfully menacing as RepliCarter. I didn't guess it wasn't Oma - nice twist.

And one of my favourite moments has to be Thor beaming Carter into Jack's office, leaving her running headlong for Jack's desk before she manages to stop herself. Jack's reaction to her suddenly appearing was hilarious.

Spoiler:
                Enjoyed the little reference to Mobius:

Jack: Unless...you're going to suggest we use the time ship to go back and change it?
                Carter: No. We agreed we wouldn't do that. We have no idea if it would just make things worse.

Har!

In fact, the only thing which I didn't enjoy was Isaac Hayes, whose method of delivering dialogue was vastly irritating, with all those inappropriate pauses in entirely the wrong places. Hope he's not in much of part two.

Oh and not something I disliked, but that just sounded odd to me was Ba'al being referred to as the 'Supreme Commander' of the Goa'uld. Sounded too Star Wars really. Just hit my ear oddly.

Sure I've missed out a ton of great stuff and dialogue that I'll remember later, but summary - this was one cool episode. Can't wait till the conclusion.

Albion
                Last edited by Albion; 25 January 2005, 02:23 PM.
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

That was an absolutely storming episode. Sam handling the fallout from Gemini. Daniel captured and probed by Replicarter. Baal asking Jack for help and getting turned down.

The fact that the 'Ultimate Ancient Weapon' just happens to be in the temple that Teal'c and the rebel Jaffa needed to capture to secure their rebellion was a little convenient but that was my only real complaint

Can't wait for next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                    Actually, I'm pretty sure it was a cameo by Martin Wood. Could be wrong, but definitely that was my first thought. Looked like him.

I agree I thought it was Martin Wood too.
                    jan t

Comment

Hmm. I think I'm in a minority here when I say, this episode was a little bland for me. It was obviously a big set up for part II, but I didn't like the way Jack was written from start to finish. Jack became my favourite character for his snarky humour, but the constant stream of one liners is actually starting to grate a little ( )
                      I thought his reaction to Ba'al in particular was really out of character. A lot have people have commented on it, saying his ridiculousness was 'revenge' for the times Ba'al killed him and resurrected him in Abyss. Is this really the Jack we know? I would have expected much more anger, agression. Not this cheeky banter! O'Neill is an experienced commanding officer. I don't think he'd waste so much time acting the fool when dealing with a potential threat to the planet.
                      It just didn't seem to fit, for me.
                      I was really *really* hoping to get some more of the Daniel/Oma stuff... memories of the time he was ascended etc. Nevermind, maybe more for next time. And Threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

Oh and not something I disliked, but that just sounded odd to me was Ba'al being referred to as the 'Supreme Commander' of the Goa'uld. Sounded too Star Wars really. Just hit my ear oddly.

Albion
                        I thought it was a reference to Ra myself, wasnt he the supreme system lord

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                          A weapon this powerful against Replicarter will be good, but I think it will be destroyed, or perhaps the Replicaters will be wiped out along with Anubis.
                          I disagree according to spoilers I have read for “Threads”
                          Spoiler:
                          Anubis will try to use the ancients weapon to destroy all life in MW
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Ajayrious
                            Right.
                            But for some fans, it seems that every episodes have their star trek or star wars references... For Anubis sake, give us a break!

Comment

This episode sounds absolutely awesome (as they all have), and nothing will change my mind about it until I see it in Feb or Mar or November or whatever... *kicks SciFi Channel* And now, because of my own idiocy, I can add this to the list of Amazing Eps That Are Now Sufficiently SPOILED...

Egad, somebody PLEASE stop me from reading Moebius spoilers! Please? Consider it your civic duty or something...

Comment

Right.
                                But for some fans, it seems that every episodes have their star trek or star wars references... For Anubis sake, give us a break!
                                Actually, I'm not usually one to see Star Wars/Trek references. I missed all of the supposed ones in Fallen/Homecoming for example. So, please, save your slaps on the wrists for someone else.

Um...yes...that was rather my point. Did my previous post say that SSL sounded odd? Er...no. If you read it more carefully you'll see it says Supreme Commander sounded odd. Supreme System Lord sounds right. Supreme Commander in respect of referring to Goa'ulds does not. At least not for me. <shrug> Trust me though, this wasn't a big deal. Just a small observation.

Oh, memorable quotes I forgot last time around:

Carter: I know we're just observers. But this observer can't help observing that if you attack Amaterasu's mothership without backup you'll be killed.
                                Daniel: Us observers too.

and

Jack: I'm sorry! You said we have a problem. Not a big intergalactic emergency!

I thought his reaction to Ba'al in particular was really out of character. A lot have people have commented on it, saying his ridiculousness was 'revenge' for the times Ba'al killed him and resurrected him in Abyss. Is this really the Jack we know? I would have expected much more anger, agression. Not this cheeky banter!
                                Initially, this did make me wonder too. When he did it in Zero Hour. But I think I can see where he's coming from. The best way to deflate the bogeyman, make him impotent, unable to have any power over you, is to laugh at him. Show him you have no respect for him and don't care what he does, says or thinks.

I think the fact that Jack deals in this way with Ba'al, rather than using anger or aggression, shows just how deeply scarred he was by Ba'al and his torture. And how much of Jack's personal bogeyman Ba'al has become. That he feels the need to reduce Ba'al's power over him by showing him he's nothing but a joke to him. That he can't take him seriously at all. So in the end, for me, Jack's reactions to Ba'al gives me even more of a sense of how badly damaged Jack was by his experiences in Abyss and is much more of a poignant reaction than anger would be.

Ba'al: You cannot be serious
                                Jack: Yes, I can. I just don't choose to be. Some of the time.

Albion
                                Last edited by Albion; 25 January 2005, 06:18 PM.
                                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X