No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that planet was supposed to be Delmak, it should be unusable after we smacked that Ha'tak into it at incredible high velocity.

It was just a similarly industrilised planet.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Agent
      Still glad to see Stargate coming around for the end of season 8. This season has been a low point in the series...
      Wow your one of the few, who didn't think 7th season was the worst then.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I've got two things to say to above poster.

First Comment: Cloud and Aerith, Cloud and Aerith, Cloud and Aerith... why!? She's D -- er... who knows if that's considered a spoiler here... Well she's not all there! Oye... where is the love for Tifa. Where. Where!?!

Second Comment: I thought Season Six was the worst. No Daniel. You can't have a good Jack Daniels without half the ingredients.
        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Wow... It was great, surpassed my expectations =)

- RepliCarter is cool as always
          - I loved the exchanges between Jack and Baal and how Baal decided to come back and help Jack in the end - liked when Walter was standing there kinda "talking" to Baal while waiting for Jack hehe
          - Baal being an underling of Anubis caught me by surprise
          - Anubis getting a host was pretty cool
          - All the twists, like everyone on their way back to the temple while Teal'c and Bra'tac are there!
          - The whole thing with Daniel was cool, I do wonder how he's going to get away >_<

I must say I'm also so looking forward to Threads as I finally learned what it was about.. but I won't say anything hehe.. all you spoiler lovers probly already know exactly what happens O_O

I can hardly wait for part 2 to see how everything turns out!

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
            spoilers- highlight to read

well according to the spoilers for threads, daniel has to choose to ascend and anubis, who oma helped ascend, has the ancient weapon that seeded life in the galazy which he iss going to reverse to destroy life in the galaxy.

so i think what happens inpt 2 is anubis gets the weapon and daniel dies leading the climatic 90 minute threads episode where it is daniel vs. anbuis. or one can dream.. but it does lead to threads.
            See, that seems TOTALLY possible! And what worries me is the fact that, during Threads...

Spoiler:

There's supposed to be all of this shiptastic goodness between Sam and Jack... However, I don't think I'll be able to properly enjoy it if it's clear that Daniel's been gone, and they're worried about their relationships with their Sig O's.

So I hope they don't go that route, a little...

Comment

Wow.

Comment

I liked it. I have two niggles though, that I'll get off my chest now.

I have pretty much had it up to my eyebrows with RDA's portrayal of the cosmic giddiness that is Jack. His reactions to things are completely inappropriate, from his lack of immediately noticing that three not four came through the gate to his comments to Bra'tac and everyone else. He's Not Funny. I've never missed Hammond as much as I did during this episode.

Carter. Women do NOT need to be constantly reassured that they're doing a good job (or not). A women that is supposed to be as strong as Carter would NOT be going to her boss and whining for a pat on the head. We're not that weak and needy. Quite the opposite, in fact. In order for her to have made it as far as she has, she must have enough self-confidence to do her job and she has to trust herself. Constantly questioning what she's doing--and doing so to the man who promoted her--has to raise questions in HIS mind as to whether he did the correct thing.

I find the Jaffa boring, so will just simply skip most of that.

I think this is setting up the rest of the series really well.

I've always felt Teal'c was single-minded when it came to the Jaffa Rebellion, so seeing him acting thus in this episode didn't come as a surprise to me. Earth--and SG-1--have Teal'c's loyalty only to the point where it begins to conflict with "his" rebellion. That's been shown in earlier episodes such as Crossroads, The Warrior, and...was it Sacrifices (Ryac Gets Married). Points to Damien for continuing this. While before Teal'c was willing to do anything at this risk of his life, in this episode he's gotten to the point where he's also risking Daniel and Sam-- and in fact, it's more Teal'c's fault that Daniel is abducted than it is Sam's.

JACOB was wonderful, as always, and I have to agree with his "What the hell was that?" type comment to Jack after Ba'al left the first time.

Michael didn't talk as fast in this one--whooray!-- and he slowed Thor's voice back to normal, too. I thought it was pure Daniel when he asked Replicarter what she wanted to know-- Let's talk about it <G>. Only Daniel would think about trying to out-talk a machine. It was interesting that RC tried to trick Daniel into giving her the information about the planet and the weapon, rather than trying to torture it out of him. Definitely Sam's influence there. Very well done scenes between the two (and with Oma, three) of them.

What else. Oh-- I liked Carter in this one (except for the bit I mentioned in the beginnning). She did a good job with both parts-- better than in Gemini.

All three parts of the story fit together really well-- Damien did a good job.

Note to Sci Fi (or the costuming dept): NO MORE SLEEVELESS SHIRTS and NO MORE TIGHT SHIRTS. They really aren't that attractive on anybody.

I have to say: I sincerely hope the writers aren't making Col MM into a Jack clone and putting Jack's lamentable "Sense of humour" into his mouth. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for someone who has an air of seriousness about him.
                Last edited by Dana_Jeanne; 26 January 2005, 12:35 PM.
                Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                  I liked it. I have two niggles though, that I'll get off my chest now.

I have pretty much had it up to my eyebrows with RDA's portrayal of the cosmic giddiness that is Jack. It's gotten to the point where I'd like to lock the door after him as he leaves the show, simply to make sure that he doesn't get back in. His reactions to things are completely inappropriate, from his lack of immediately noticing that three not four came through the gate to his comments to Bra'tac and everyone else. He's Not Funny.
                  Oh dear, if you lock the door after RDA leaves to make sure he won't get back in, I'll be there, along with many others, I am sure, to unlock that door. I think he quite funny, endearing, charming, wonderful, loveable (not to mention gorgeous) and I hope he will return for a few episodes in S9. Both Jack and RDA. ;-)

Perhaps the writers had something to do with the fact that Jack didn't immediately notice that three not four came through the Gate. Perhaps the writers are responsible for his comments to Bra'tac and everyone else. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightspore
                    Perhaps the writers had something to do with the fact that Jack didn't immediately notice that three not four came through the Gate. Perhaps the writers are responsible for his comments to Bra'tac and everyone else. Just a thought.
                    So we'll have to lock the writers out then.

Ali P

Comment

Originally posted by Nightspore
                      Oh dear, if you lock the door after RDA leaves to make sure he won't get back in, I'll be there, along with many others, I am sure, to unlock that door. I think he quite funny, endearing, charming, wonderful, loveable (not to mention gorgeous) and I hope he will return for a few episodes in S9. Both Jack and RDA. ;-)

I'm sorry, but if RDA hadn't said So Many Times that it was his idea to "dumb Jack down" and if the writers and his fellow actors hadn't said So Many Times, that RDA both adlibs his lines and does what he wants because He Is The Boss, then I would gladly throw all the inane comments that come out of Jack's mouth directly into the writers' laps.

I too, think RDA and Jack are gorgeous--all men should be so hot in their 50's. I used to love the Jack and Daniel Friendship Duo-- back when Jack acted like he CARED for his team members and actually had a serious bone in his body.

It's one thing to act the way he does as a Col; but in my opinion, Jack makes a lousy general, and I'd go AWOL before I followed him into battle now.

I do apologise to the Jack fans who were not happy with my comment about locking the door behind him-- that was insensitive of me, and I know better than that. I'll go back and edit that portion.

Dana Jeanne
                      Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Great episode, definitely the best this season (so far).

Thought Replicarter being brought in front of the system lords and killing Yu was a great way to introduce the Replicator/Goa'uld conflict at the start of the ep. Amanda Tapping did a fab job as Replicarter, she's just so evil.

Anubis is back but just why is Baal apparently serving under him. Loved Jack's exchanges with Baal, and also Walter's attempt to make conversation with Baal when he was annoyed about being made to wait by Jack lol

So much other great stuff as well with Daniel and Replicarter, the jaffa rebellion, and I hope Thor's going to be OK. Can't wait for part two next week.

Comment

I liked this episode, but I am trying to keep in mind that it is a two-parter, and a more serious tone (I hope) may be taken in Part II, balancing out the episode (and Jack), much like Heroes.
                          Last edited by jst1986; 26 January 2005, 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling etc...

Comment

Hmm this is kinda offtopic maybe, but is lord Ba'al the same actor as the evil guy now in Charmed?

Comment

Heeeeeeeeeeeere's

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                              of 'Reckoning'

Holy crap.

Just as I start to think "SG-1 isn't what it used to be", then this comes along. What can I say? I know this was only the first half, but I was completely blown away. Seriously. Finally, here's the stuff I really want to see, and plenty of it. There's so much going on in 'Reckoning' that it could probably have been stretched out over half the season and every episode would still be a good one.

Random observations!
                              - Yu is dead!
                              - We see the space station from 'Summit' again. Cool.
                              - Ba'al is taking orders from Anubis now!?
                              - And Ba'al is betraying him... by going to the SGC for help against him, no less! (And Jack probably has no choice but to agree to help him if he doesn't want all life in the galaxy destroyed!)
                              - Did I mention that all life in the galaxy may get destroyed?!

I'll probably have a lot more to say after seeing part two next week, but for now:

Holy crap.

Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne

Bra'tac was wonderful, as always, and I have to agree with his "What the hell was that?" type comment to Jack after Ba'al left the first time.
                                ???
                                Thats was Jacob Carter/Selmak. Bra'tac is the bearded Jaffa that hung with Teal'c through out.
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X