Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Quote Originally Posted by Teal'c
    Thor had better survive
    Teal'c will survive
    Daniel will survive
    Nobody will get the weapon
    I will be hit by a bus before next Tuesday, given my luck
    No worries, Teal'c; you can get tv in hospital rooms.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Aaah, this is the way all episodes should be, tied into a storyarc. This is what all episodes could be like if TPTB decided to write all episodes following a storyline and making small steps instead of leaping two billion miles in one episode(Rebel Fleet, Replicators taking over the galaxy).

Most of all I think they'd need a budget increase, something they should be given seeing that SG1 has been popular, and continues to be so, for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
    And Anubis being back! What a surprise! And he was sooo scary too in Sokar's body (that was Sokar right? It was his planet. But shouldn't there be no moon seeing as how Ne'tu was destroyed?)
    I don't think it was Sokar. The host was simply being eaten up by the radiation from Anubis' energy. It is more than likely that Anubis has had dozens of hosts since he was in that Russian guy on Planet Popsicle. The cape is probably a shield of some kind. Can't have radiation leaks on a ship, eh?

BTW, I loved the expression on Baal's face when he turned away from Anubis. Baal knows that Nuby is just as fallible as he is.
    Gracie

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman
    what is it with incredibly advanced races and weapons of total annihilation? I mean, why the hell would the Ancients build a weapon capable of killing every living being in the galaxy? And how would it affect the replicators, since they aren't technically alive in the first place ...
    The Evil Overlord manual hadn't been written yet?

No, seriously, I doubt the Ancients built a doomsday device specifically. Who knows, it may be the device that allows for Ascension.

Anubis may have used it to ascend the first time, but can't use it himself anymore because the Ancients did something to him so that he can't interface with it, even with his host.

He may, however, know that, like the naquadah generator, if you overload the ascension device(assuming that's what it is) that it'll make a Big Bang to rival the first Big Bang.
    Gracie

Or maybe it was their way to wipe out the plauge and then reseeding the whole galaxy without the plauge. Obviously they probably could reseed life in their current state, but uninfected.

Quote Originally Posted by aAnubiSs
    Or maybe it was their way to wipe out the plauge and then reseeding the whole galaxy without the plauge. Obviously they probably could reseed life in their current state, but uninfected.
    <nods> Or that.
    Gracie

Chief Master Sergeant Ancients Rising's Avatar

A lot of posturing in this episode and not to much “action”, some of the cuts were rather randomised. I think they’re saving all of good stuff for later with Reckoning II, Threads and Moebius.

SG-1 still has an odd feel this season

However, this was a great episode, a bit like New Order, the pace of the story got quicker over the whole episode and certain bombshells were indeed bombshells!

Best SG-1 S8 episode since New Order II, left a huge job for SGA in order to top it and SGA did top it; Before I Sleep was sensational

Now the deal with advanced races and apocalyptic “weapons”…

All comes down to the power sources they utilise, the more advanced you are the more power you can harness. More power = more energy = more big bangs.

I don’t think the device capable of killing the Reps and all life is indeed a weapon at all. Taken from Threads
    Spoiler:
    Anubis intends to use the device used by the Ancients, to restore the galaxy to the way it was before a great plague wiped all life out, (Plague = Reps? Matrix style repetition of events?) to wipe out all life and re-create it in his own vision.

I’m guessing the device Replicarter was talking about is the same one referred to in Threads
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/suzukastar/melia_avatar.jpg

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
    One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
    One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

http://members.lycos.co.uk/suzukastar/euflag_forum.jpg

ODE TO JOY
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
    Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
    Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Chief Master Sergeant Stargate Agent's Avatar

It is good to see that we are getting some more off world conflicts now the last 5 episodes haven't been very interesting in relating to the major conflict that SG-1 has.

Still feels weird that Jack sits around SGC and doesn't go offworld just doesn't feel right. He is getting too cheeky tho too.

Still glad to see Stargate coming around for the end of season 8. This season has been a low point in the series...
    Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
    Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
    Mayboune: *shrugs*
    - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by kashi
    Awesome episode. The first good episode in season 8. Perhaps the replicators were the plague that the ancients refer to.
    it was made clear that the replicators were found in a different galaxy by the asgard. the plague was in MW

Second Lieutenant

spoilers- highlight to read

well according to the spoilers for threads, daniel has to choose to ascend and anubis, who oma helped ascend, has the ancient weapon that seeded life in the galazy which he iss going to reverse to destroy life in the galaxy.

so i think what happens inpt 2 is anubis gets the weapon and daniel dies leading the climatic 90 minute threads episode where it is daniel vs. anbuis. or one can dream.. but it does lead to threads.

I don't think that planet was supposed to be Delmak, it should be unusable after we smacked that Ha'tak into it at incredible high velocity.

It was just a similarly industrilised planet.

Banner By JME2

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargate Agent
    Still glad to see Stargate coming around for the end of season 8. This season has been a low point in the series...
    Wow your one of the few, who didn't think 7th season was the worst then.

I've got two things to say to above poster.

First Comment: Cloud and Aerith, Cloud and Aerith, Cloud and Aerith... why!? She's D -- er... who knows if that's considered a spoiler here... Well she's not all there! Oye... where is the love for Tifa. Where. Where!?!

Second Comment: I thought Season Six was the worst. No Daniel. You can't have a good Jack Daniels without half the ingredients.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Talking Re: Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Wow... It was great, surpassed my expectations =)

- RepliCarter is cool as always
    - I loved the exchanges between Jack and Baal and how Baal decided to come back and help Jack in the end - liked when Walter was standing there kinda "talking" to Baal while waiting for Jack hehe
    - Baal being an underling of Anubis caught me by surprise
    - Anubis getting a host was pretty cool
    - All the twists, like everyone on their way back to the temple while Teal'c and Bra'tac are there!
    - The whole thing with Daniel was cool, I do wonder how he's going to get away >_<

I must say I'm also so looking forward to Threads as I finally learned what it was about.. but I won't say anything hehe.. all you spoiler lovers probly already know exactly what happens O_O

I can hardly wait for part 2 to see how everything turns out!

Cool Re: Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Quote Originally Posted by keppiezbt
    spoilers- highlight to read

well according to the spoilers for threads, daniel has to choose to ascend and anubis, who oma helped ascend, has the ancient weapon that seeded life in the galazy which he iss going to reverse to destroy life in the galaxy.

so i think what happens inpt 2 is anubis gets the weapon and daniel dies leading the climatic 90 minute threads episode where it is daniel vs. anbuis. or one can dream.. but it does lead to threads.
    See, that seems TOTALLY possible! And what worries me is the fact that, during Threads...

Spoiler:

There's supposed to be all of this shiptastic goodness between Sam and Jack... However, I don't think I'll be able to properly enjoy it if it's clear that Daniel's been gone, and they're worried about their relationships with their Sig O's.

So I hope they don't go that route, a little...

I liked it. I have two niggles though, that I'll get off my chest now.

I have pretty much had it up to my eyebrows with RDA's portrayal of the cosmic giddiness that is Jack. His reactions to things are completely inappropriate, from his lack of immediately noticing that three not four came through the gate to his comments to Bra'tac and everyone else. He's Not Funny. I've never missed Hammond as much as I did during this episode.

Carter. Women do NOT need to be constantly reassured that they're doing a good job (or not). A women that is supposed to be as strong as Carter would NOT be going to her boss and whining for a pat on the head. We're not that weak and needy. Quite the opposite, in fact. In order for her to have made it as far as she has, she must have enough self-confidence to do her job and she has to trust herself. Constantly questioning what she's doing--and doing so to the man who promoted her--has to raise questions in HIS mind as to whether he did the correct thing.

I find the Jaffa boring, so will just simply skip most of that.

I think this is setting up the rest of the series really well.

I've always felt Teal'c was single-minded when it came to the Jaffa Rebellion, so seeing him acting thus in this episode didn't come as a surprise to me. Earth--and SG-1--have Teal'c's loyalty only to the point where it begins to conflict with "his" rebellion. That's been shown in earlier episodes such as Crossroads, The Warrior, and...was it Sacrifices (Ryac Gets Married). Points to Damien for continuing this. While before Teal'c was willing to do anything at this risk of his life, in this episode he's gotten to the point where he's also risking Daniel and Sam-- and in fact, it's more Teal'c's fault that Daniel is abducted than it is Sam's.

JACOB was wonderful, as always, and I have to agree with his "What the hell was that?" type comment to Jack after Ba'al left the first time.

Michael didn't talk as fast in this one--whooray!-- and he slowed Thor's voice back to normal, too. I thought it was pure Daniel when he asked Replicarter what she wanted to know-- Let's talk about it <G>. Only Daniel would think about trying to out-talk a machine. It was interesting that RC tried to trick Daniel into giving her the information about the planet and the weapon, rather than trying to torture it out of him. Definitely Sam's influence there. Very well done scenes between the two (and with Oma, three) of them.

What else. Oh-- I liked Carter in this one (except for the bit I mentioned in the beginnning). She did a good job with both parts-- better than in Gemini.

All three parts of the story fit together really well-- Damien did a good job.

Note to Sci Fi (or the costuming dept): NO MORE SLEEVELESS SHIRTS and NO MORE TIGHT SHIRTS. They really aren't that attractive on anybody.

I have to say: I sincerely hope the writers aren't making Col MM into a Jack clone and putting Jack's lamentable "Sense of humour" into his mouth. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for someone who has an air of seriousness about him.

Chief Master Sergeant Nightspore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dana_Jeanne
    I liked it. I have two niggles though, that I'll get off my chest now.

I have pretty much had it up to my eyebrows with RDA's portrayal of the cosmic giddiness that is Jack. It's gotten to the point where I'd like to lock the door after him as he leaves the show, simply to make sure that he doesn't get back in. His reactions to things are completely inappropriate, from his lack of immediately noticing that three not four came through the gate to his comments to Bra'tac and everyone else. He's Not Funny.
    Oh dear, if you lock the door after RDA leaves to make sure he won't get back in, I'll be there, along with many others, I am sure, to unlock that door. I think he quite funny, endearing, charming, wonderful, loveable (not to mention gorgeous) and I hope he will return for a few episodes in S9. Both Jack and RDA. ;-)

Perhaps the writers had something to do with the fact that Jack didn't immediately notice that three not four came through the Gate. Perhaps the writers are responsible for his comments to Bra'tac and everyone else. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspore
    Perhaps the writers had something to do with the fact that Jack didn't immediately notice that three not four came through the Gate. Perhaps the writers are responsible for his comments to Bra'tac and everyone else. Just a thought.
    So we'll have to lock the writers out then.

Ali P

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspore
    Oh dear, if you lock the door after RDA leaves to make sure he won't get back in, I'll be there, along with many others, I am sure, to unlock that door. I think he quite funny, endearing, charming, wonderful, loveable (not to mention gorgeous) and I hope he will return for a few episodes in S9. Both Jack and RDA. ;-)

I'm sorry, but if RDA hadn't said So Many Times that it was his idea to "dumb Jack down" and if the writers and his fellow actors hadn't said So Many Times, that RDA both adlibs his lines and does what he wants because He Is The Boss, then I would gladly throw all the inane comments that come out of Jack's mouth directly into the writers' laps.

I too, think RDA and Jack are gorgeous--all men should be so hot in their 50's. I used to love the Jack and Daniel Friendship Duo-- back when Jack acted like he CARED for his team members and actually had a serious bone in his body.

It's one thing to act the way he does as a Col; but in my opinion, Jack makes a lousy general, and I'd go AWOL before I followed him into battle now.

I do apologise to the Jack fans who were not happy with my comment about locking the door behind him-- that was insensitive of me, and I know better than that. I'll go back and edit that portion.

Dana Jeanne

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast