Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Quote Originally Posted by Albion

Oh and not something I disliked, but that just sounded odd to me was Ba'al being referred to as the 'Supreme Commander' of the Goa'uld. Sounded too Star Wars really. Just hit my ear oddly.

Albion
    I thought it was a reference to Ra myself, wasnt he the supreme system lord

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    A weapon this powerful against Replicarter will be good, but I think it will be destroyed, or perhaps the Replicaters will be wiped out along with Anubis.
    I disagree according to spoilers I have read for “Threads”
    Spoiler:
    Anubis will try to use the ancients weapon to destroy all life in MW

Quote Originally Posted by Ajayrious
    Right.
    But for some fans, it seems that every episodes have their star trek or star wars references... For Anubis sake, give us a break!

Cool Re: Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

This episode sounds absolutely awesome (as they all have), and nothing will change my mind about it until I see it in Feb or Mar or November or whatever... *kicks SciFi Channel* And now, because of my own idiocy, I can add this to the list of Amazing Eps That Are Now Sufficiently SPOILED...

Egad, somebody PLEASE stop me from reading Moebius spoilers! Please? Consider it your civic duty or something...

Captain

Right.
    But for some fans, it seems that every episodes have their star trek or star wars references... For Anubis sake, give us a break!
    Actually, I'm not usually one to see Star Wars/Trek references. I missed all of the supposed ones in Fallen/Homecoming for example. So, please, save your slaps on the wrists for someone else.

Um...yes...that was rather my point. Did my previous post say that SSL sounded odd? Er...no. If you read it more carefully you'll see it says Supreme Commander sounded odd. Supreme System Lord sounds right. Supreme Commander in respect of referring to Goa'ulds does not. At least not for me. <shrug> Trust me though, this wasn't a big deal. Just a small observation.

Oh, memorable quotes I forgot last time around:

Carter: I know we're just observers. But this observer can't help observing that if you attack Amaterasu's mothership without backup you'll be killed.
    Daniel: Us observers too.

and

Jack: I'm sorry! You said we have a problem. Not a big intergalactic emergency!

I thought his reaction to Ba'al in particular was really out of character. A lot have people have commented on it, saying his ridiculousness was 'revenge' for the times Ba'al killed him and resurrected him in Abyss. Is this really the Jack we know? I would have expected much more anger, agression. Not this cheeky banter!
    Initially, this did make me wonder too. When he did it in Zero Hour. But I think I can see where he's coming from. The best way to deflate the bogeyman, make him impotent, unable to have any power over you, is to laugh at him. Show him you have no respect for him and don't care what he does, says or thinks.

I think the fact that Jack deals in this way with Ba'al, rather than using anger or aggression, shows just how deeply scarred he was by Ba'al and his torture. And how much of Jack's personal bogeyman Ba'al has become. That he feels the need to reduce Ba'al's power over him by showing him he's nothing but a joke to him. That he can't take him seriously at all. So in the end, for me, Jack's reactions to Ba'al gives me even more of a sense of how badly damaged Jack was by his experiences in Abyss and is much more of a poignant reaction than anger would be.

Ba'al: You cannot be serious
    Jack: Yes, I can. I just don't choose to be. Some of the time.

Albion
    Last edited by Albion; January 25th, 2005 at 06:18 PM.
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

I enjoyed this episode tremendously! Wow! TPTB are sending us on a wild rollercoaster for the end of Season 8! Next week is going to be GOOD!! There have already been some great comments on the episode. I'm glad Carter's colossal mistake is still being addressed. Although, I wish people (Jack) would quit telling her it wasn't her fault. She knows it was her fault. LOVED seeing Jacob!! Ba'al is my favorite Gou'ald! I was somewhat fearful of the Oma thing (been there; done that) and was glad for the twist. Jack had some great one-liners going. Did anyone else catch Jack saying, "...little, grey bum"? I almost choked!! LOTS of Jack-isms!!

This is why I love Stargate....action, intrigue, humor, and that Round Spinny Thing!!

Token ~

I have to admit that I had been losing faith in SG-1 lately. But this episode rocked my world! It is the first episode in a while where the credits came up and I thought "It's over already!?"

It is going to be a long wait for part deux.

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avreana
    I have to admit that I had been losing faith in SG-1 lately. But this episode rocked my world! It is the first episode in a while where the credits came up and I thought "It's over already!?"

It is going to be a long wait for part deux.
    I know what you mean by the "It's over already!?", i was so into the show, it didn't even seem like an hour!

One other thing i liked, was the amount of hectic things happening at once. Replicators invade the Goa'uld, the Jaffa Rebelion, the return of Anubis, and blah blah, made me all excited.

Captain Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman's Avatar

Replicarter was so cool at the very beginning. I was like "Whoa! That's Replicarter! She's so friggin' cool! *squeel*" The whole episode had me on the edge of my seat! It was brilliant! And Anubis being back! What a surprise! And he was sooo scary too in Sokar's body (that was Sokar right? It was his planet. But shouldn't there be no moon seeing as how Ne'tu was destroyed?)
    It was a little too convenient and cliche that the weapon is in Ta'kara where pretty much everyone if gonna be. That sort of made me roll my eyes...
    Jack was a little too cheerful. It was great to see Thor and wasn't he uber brave? I love the little guy! And Walter! Yeay! I love Walter Trying to make smalltalk with Ba'al LMAO! It was nice to see Siler too. He's been missing for a while

I can't wait until next week! It's already killing me!
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

I really enjoyed the Teal'c & Bratac stuff, and the Daniel stuff; and Jacob and Walter are always welcome. Sam & Thor were too technobabbly, and the replicators too Borgish ("they've adapted!"). Jack was a prat. I like his humour, but not at the expense of getting a crisis sorted out.

I'm nervous about next week - I really want the Jaffa to heroiclally hold their new planet and see off all-comers, but I suspect they'll heroically get pummelled .

Madeleine

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W
    I'm nervous about next week - I really want the Jaffa to heroiclally hold their new planet and see off all-comers, but I suspect they'll heroically get pummelled .
    Omg, i have the same exact feeling! But yah, nothing really comes our way (well maybe it does, rarely...) I was a bit bummed when Jacob was like saying the Jaffa Rebellion was already over, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
    And he was sooo scary too in Sokar's body (that was Sokar right? It was his planet. But shouldn't there be no moon seeing as how Ne'tu was destroyed?)
    Is that Sokar's planet? Well, if so, it could've had more than just the one moon.

-Bloodaxe

Chief Master Sergeant Red_Rabbit's Avatar

Great ep all around but my favorite part was at the end when you see Siler standing there waiting for Jack and you are just thinking he is waiting for him to answer some sort of question or something and it pans to Baal standing there that made me laugh so hard and it was just a perfect Jack moment, if we have even one of thoes in season 9 I will be happy.

Staff Sergeant

This episode is by far the best episode of the season. My only guess as to why the ancients made a device to wipe out all life is that incase another wraith incident happened again. If the milkey way became overrun with an enemy like wraith they would be able to wipe it out easily rather than have to run away like they did from the wraith. It would seem since this weapon can kill replicators it must have a selection of which lifeform to kill. Because if it was a one button kills all weapon, then no life form could use it.
    Attached a picture, its clearly not martin standing with O'Neill and walter at the end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff Sergeant

Interesting T1000 moment at the beginning of the episode. Also I guess there are only 3 system lords left.

I thought it was a good episode. Hope it gets better with each episode.

This ep had so much happen in it's 42 minutes. It's incedible. At first, I was like "did I miss something" but, that was quickly dismissed when I realized that the Replicators were just disrupting a classic SG-1 style plan, and throwing everything to hell. I'm still processing this, but oh, man...

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Exclamation Re: Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

I loved this ep and I can't wait for Part 2. Just a minor complaint though: what is it with incredibly advanced races and weapons of total annihilation? I mean, why the hell would the Ancients build a weapon capable of killing every living being in the galaxy? And how would it affect the replicators, since they aren't technically alive in the first place ...
    Truth is relative. Pick one that works

I think to the ancients it was probably more of a tool and they never thought of it as a weapon but as more of a tool. Or maybe it was intentionally a weapon. The ancients don't seem to care about the problems they cause though.

Well, after the pages of 'uber-goodness', I'm gonna chime in on the other side. I love sg-1. I love atlantis. But in screenwriting there is an evil 'don't overdo it' thing that is sometimes referred to as: "Bernie the Explainer". Seemed like every other character was 'explaining quickly' as if people hadn't been following along. gods I hate that.
    This didn't feel like drama. It felt like a hurry up, lets tie up all ze loose ends in one fell swoop....which of course is what is going on as season 9 has major cast changes and story changes........but I hate when it happens. The next 4 episodes I fear are going to feel like 'tie it up in a nice little bow'..............and of course with a title like 'moebius' we're back to ze future to 'fix' things.

Perhaps BSG has really spoiled me for a well written and amazingly acted show....but RDA's phonin' it in, and that makes it even harder to watch. sigh. Welp, hoping next week's conclusion doesn't feel like this reader's digest condensed version of things.

Awesome episode. The first good episode in season 8. Perhaps the replicators were the plague that the ancients refer to.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast