Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

*Wonders why Anubis wanted Teal'c+Jaffa to take Ta'kara............*

Staff Sergeant

wat is the weapon for to delete life in universe????

Quote Originally Posted by chodu82
    wat is the weapon for to delete life in universe????
    Yeah, it sounds a bit Haloish

Staff Sergeant

hopefully it will be used to destroy the replicators.

Teal'c = Master Chief
    Gou'ald = Covenant
    Ancient = Forerunners
    Replicators = Flood
    Ta'kara = Halo

Quote Originally Posted by gavinjcd
    That was wonderfull, great to see everything coming to a head. This whole arc is going to continue for another 2 weeks through reckoning part 2 and threads. Very exciting.

Gav
    Well, actually it's been claimed that everything from Reckoning to the finale is supposed to be part of the same long arc.

-Bloodaxe

Earth Symbol Re: Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Quote Originally Posted by DIngChavez
    Teal'c = Master Chief
    Gou'ald = Covenant
    Ancient = Forerunners
    Replicators = Flood
    Ta'kara = Halo
    gouald as burns yes but t as master chief no.
    master chief as good in general yes, o and the arbiter

anyway anyone got spoilers for next ep

Chief Master Sergeant

He said he wanted them there so he could destroy the rebelion (due to they have used the majority of everything) while at the same time erradicate the replicators (and everyone else) via the weapon

Anubis/Baal could not really get around due to them getting destroyed by the replicators

WOW! I really enjoyed this episode, a lot. So much. So many questions left open.

Will Teal'c/rebellion survive?
    What of Replicarter?
    What of Daniel?
    What of Thor? (the list goes on)

I must admit -- I was shocked to see Ba'al working for Anubis at this point .. very surprised indeed, though he is still working against him if Jack decides to help out. Go Jack!

A weapon this powerful against Replicarter will be good, but I think it will be destroyed, or perhaps the Replicaters will be wiped out along with Anubis.

They KILLED Yu. Of all people, Yu. Stupid Replicarter with that stupid, extra-long hand-knife.

Excellent episode. Was a bit surprised to see Baal working for Anubis. Always nice to see Thor and he better not die. The last scene cracked me up with Walter trying to make small talk with Baal. I think the man beside Walter at the end was Martin Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal'c
    That was... spectacular...

A quick rundown of the wowness factor:
    - Replicarter takes over the System Lords' space station, killing Yu.
    - Rebel Jaffa have control of several Ha'taks
    - Rak'nor may be dead
    - Daniel kidnapped by Replicarter
    - Replicators launching full assault against the Goa'uld
    - Thor and Sam trying to counter the Replicators' defence
    - Baal trying to get help from Jack
    - Rebel Jaffa take holy temple on Takara
    - Baal serving under Anubis
    - Replicarter posing as Oma Desala
    - Giant Ancient weapon on Takara
    - Isaac friggin Hayes!
    - Replicarter getting caught out by "If the candle light is fire..."
    - Walter trying to make small talk with Baal
    - Kull Warriors!
    - Jack finding out Anubis is in charge
    - Jack dismissing Baal's pleas
    - Thor going on a suicide mission (he better survive)
    - Anubis changing hosts

I could go on. Suffice to say, I now worship Damian Kindler This was one of the best eps of all time and I am completely screwed for the next week waiting for Part 2 of this and The Siege...
    Holy crap, I can't wait for this episode!

-Bloodaxe

: Why did Emperor Palpatine let the rebels know of the second death star? So he could wipe them out.

Did anyone notice the pronounced similaritys between RotJ and the Ta'kara assault? Suicide mission? Had to be done? Needed the entire Rebel Fleet?

Which leads me to just one gripe with this episode: REBEL FLEET?!?!? Thanks for setting that one up guys, didn't come out of the blue at all....

Banner By JME2

Yeah, but if Anubis is going to use the weapon to wipe out everybody, why should he care about the Rebels?

Are all the system lords dead? and even if it is all over and the goa'uld survive they will be alot weaker then before

Quote Originally Posted by Galluslass
    Daniel at first, but was a tad disappointed when no one was at all vexed
    that the Replicators had him - like Jack's reaction to the news was like DJ had just popped out for a paper and a pint of milk!! with no further reference to him for the rest of the ep as to what his plight might be at the hands of ol' Replicarter. Jack did fret about Teal'c though, so that was cool.

Yeah, real cool that Jack apparently can only spare concern for one teammate. And, apparently everyone followed his example? I'm feeling the warm fuzzies all over.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedwraith
    : Why did Emperor Palpatine let the rebels know of the second death star? So he could wipe them out.

Did anyone notice the pronounced similaritys between RotJ and the Ta'kara assault? Suicide mission? Had to be done? Needed the entire Rebel Fleet?

Which leads me to just one gripe with this episode: REBEL FLEET?!?!? Thanks for setting that one up guys, didn't come out of the blue at all....
    Well, it was 3 ships... out of hundreds controlled by the Goa'uld. Quite plausable that the rebel Jaffa were able to capture some ships.

Anubis may only use the weapon as a backup. "If I can't rule it all then I'll destroy it all." Thus, he cares about putting down the rebellion, if he plans to take out the Replicators and rule over the entire galaxy.

Also, maybe he just plans to destroy the galaxy anyway, but caring about the rebels is a front so he can remain in command of Baal's domain.

Captain

Did anyone notice the officer standing next to walter when he and siler were "talking" to Baal? Im pretty sure he was wearing an F-302 uniform as i spotted its distinctive uniform. I'll try and get a picture tomorrow. From what i can remember the officer had black hair. Could this be Lt. Col. M.M? Maybe he was visiting the base but O'neill obviously had more pressing matters so left him in the capable hands of siler or walter. Maybe i am jumping to conclusions.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it was a cameo by Martin Wood. Could be wrong, but definitely that was my first thought. Looked like him.

Well, I really enjoyed this one. Almost every scene had something in it to love. Great action, team, recurring characters...wonderful.
    Some memorable quotes:

Daniel: Teal'c, the odds don't favour us.
    Teal'c (who had been worried up till this point, but now relaxes and smiles) They never do, Daniel Jackson

Jacob: My relations with the council are still strained
    Jack: They won't improve if you keep stealing things. [Jacob gives him The Look] Hey, not complaining. I'll take anything you can get us. Weapons...receivers...silverware...

Jack: Sorry to keep you waiting. I was just finishing up a lovely brunch.
    Ba'al: Impudence.
    Jack: No. Tuna.

I loved the easy familiarity that Thor's relationship with SG1 has taken on. As epitomised by Carter's casual wave and 'Hi, Thor' when he beamed her up to the ship. Walter was hilarious as usual both in the scene where he's interrupted in telling Jack Thor's ready and in trying to engage Ba'al in polite chitchat when he's fuming on the ramp as Jack keeps him waiting. LOL. Once again, AT was wonderfully menacing as RepliCarter. I didn't guess it wasn't Oma - nice twist.

And one of my favourite moments has to be Thor beaming Carter into Jack's office, leaving her running headlong for Jack's desk before she manages to stop herself. Jack's reaction to her suddenly appearing was hilarious.

Spoiler:
    Enjoyed the little reference to Mobius:

Jack: Unless...you're going to suggest we use the time ship to go back and change it?
    Carter: No. We agreed we wouldn't do that. We have no idea if it would just make things worse.

Har!

In fact, the only thing which I didn't enjoy was Isaac Hayes, whose method of delivering dialogue was vastly irritating, with all those inappropriate pauses in entirely the wrong places. Hope he's not in much of part two.

Oh and not something I disliked, but that just sounded odd to me was Ba'al being referred to as the 'Supreme Commander' of the Goa'uld. Sounded too Star Wars really. Just hit my ear oddly.

Sure I've missed out a ton of great stuff and dialogue that I'll remember later, but summary - this was one cool episode. Can't wait till the conclusion.

Albion
    Last edited by Albion; January 25th, 2005 at 02:23 PM.
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Probie

That was an absolutely storming episode. Sam handling the fallout from Gemini. Daniel captured and probed by Replicarter. Baal asking Jack for help and getting turned down.

The fact that the 'Ultimate Ancient Weapon' just happens to be in the temple that Teal'c and the rebel Jaffa needed to capture to secure their rebellion was a little convenient but that was my only real complaint

Can't wait for next week.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Albion
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it was a cameo by Martin Wood. Could be wrong, but definitely that was my first thought. Looked like him.

I agree I thought it was Martin Wood too.
    jan t

Hmm. I think I'm in a minority here when I say, this episode was a little bland for me. It was obviously a big set up for part II, but I didn't like the way Jack was written from start to finish. Jack became my favourite character for his snarky humour, but the constant stream of one liners is actually starting to grate a little ( )
    I thought his reaction to Ba'al in particular was really out of character. A lot have people have commented on it, saying his ridiculousness was 'revenge' for the times Ba'al killed him and resurrected him in Abyss. Is this really the Jack we know? I would have expected much more anger, agression. Not this cheeky banter! O'Neill is an experienced commanding officer. I don't think he'd waste so much time acting the fool when dealing with a potential threat to the planet.
    It just didn't seem to fit, for me.
    I was really *really* hoping to get some more of the Daniel/Oma stuff... memories of the time he was ascended etc. Nevermind, maybe more for next time. And Threads.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast