Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good episode.

Great to see General Jack.

LOL, Mikita Couriers (I think that's what it was! And I believe the sheriff was called Andy...hmm... )

Daniel: And...I have dry cleaning to pick up. LOL!

Good that everyone had something to do, and very much enjoyed Kinsey & Chekov's roles in the story. Looking forward to finding out what happened to Kinsey. The Jack & Kinsey stuff at the start was hilarious!

And Daniel in a suit

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
      And Daniel in a suit
      ...running round, on the Prometheus, with a Zat gun! lol

Comment

So the Trust have been completely Goa'uldified? Any explanations how?

Comment

when they went cruising in their Alkesh in big bad outer space without a cloak a Goa'uld ship got to them and their were captured

Comment

I think this episode proves again that (1) the rest of season 8 will be great and (2) season nine will be equally good.

I really liked this episode. Good humor, lot's of Jack (relatively speaking) and good action.

Any theories on the "hidden agenda"?
            sigpic
            In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Okay, excellent episode. Liked the goa'uld infiltration of the Trust, but why would they allow Kinsey to drive off with them when they know the Trust has beaming technology? Wasn't the empty house a bit deja vu?
              Minor gripe and not really important cos it was a brilliant episode, Kinsey/Jack scenes were great.

Comment

OOHH! what a great episode. I firstly have to say that I have been proven wrong. After the brilliant 'It's Good To Be King' last week, it thought we would be subjected to a week of O'Neill being away for no good reason. But it finally seems like they've got their act together in the second half of this season, and have found better ways to use RDA's reduced schedule, but still keeping O'Neill highly involved in the action.

Though i didn't like this episode as much as last week (becaused lets face it that was pure class) this episode was one of the strongest earth based episodes of the season and left a lot of possibilities open for the trust and kinsey and the Goa'uld they're working for. (Don't know about anyone else, but my money's actually on Anubis!). My fav parts listed below:

1. The 'Mikita Courier'
                2. Daniel and his dry cleaning
                3. Daniel with a zat gun on the Prometheus in his suit
                4. Jack and Kinsey (even when they're being nice they're still so not!)
                5. Jack on the phone to the russian president "when was the last time you saw Colonel Kiselev wearing his glasses?" - how lame did it sound basing their Goa'uld theory on the fact that he didn't have glasses on.
                6. Solid proof that although Daniel can speak at least 23 languages, he can't speak all of them well! ("I guess we'll stick to English")

There are a couple of issues however.
                1. I know most people, myself included think that Kinsey will still be alive, but how could he have possibly made it off the Alkesh. Guess the guy just won't die, like many other baddies.
                2. More info needed on how Kiselev was got to.
                3. How come the heads of the trust all seemed like 30 years younger than those we have previously seen (and what about the rest of them!?)
                4. How come every woman Daniel meets seems to fancy him (not disagreeing though!) and seems to be so desperate to help him, and yet he stil hasn't got a girlfriend? She made it obvious straight away that she liked him, and was all "Daniel I'll get you out!" when he was taken. Love sick puppy - i think so.
                5. Does Teal'c actually have a driving license, or just his practice from '1969'?

All in all a good eppy, and the unanswered questions and seemingly quick resolution, though a little annoying made the middle part of the story stronger as a result.

Oohh. Reckoning next week. Can't wait.

Comment

No more Trust. Thank you thank you thank you

Kinsey....him being a Goa'uld...bet that doesn't last.

Generally a good ep this one and better than last week. It also had a more old-style SG-1 feel to it with Jack actually useful to the plot.

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                  One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                  One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                  Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                  Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                  Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

To be honest I found it a bit boring. Although for some reason I was expecting "Reckoning" which I am looking forward to, so I suppose anything would have been a bit of a downer.

I think the person who works the "flange" on the Goa'uld voices has lost it. It is starting to sound very tacky, and cheap, kind of how Apophis's voice was in "The Nox" episode. It wasn't "full" enough if you get me.

I liked the nuclear war part.

Comment

It was a good episode. Wish it showed the prometheous firing energy weapons not missles.

Well wondering how many goau'lds left on earth and how to get them all?

So far only way get to them would be we know asgards have sensors that if something has a goau'ld in it or not and maybe they can locate and beam them somewhere like prison or inside the sun. Also I suppose we could symbiote poisen the whole planet that would kill them all of them except the ones living in underground bunkers possibly.
                      http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

I am definitely enjoying the second half of season 8 more than the first half. This episode was well done!! Kinsey as a Gou'ald was brilliant! I knew he had it in him.

Great dialogue! The plot kept me involved. However, the build up to "Reckoning" and "Moebius" is painstaking! I wanna know the end NOW!!

I am already looking forward to the commentaries on the DVDs. (Hmmm....I wonder if I could get a price break if I only ordered the second half of 8. )

I do have a question. If the Russian general was a Gou'ald and his right-hand man was a Gou'ald, then why did they take Daniel's blood? Any ideas?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by somme
                          To be honest I found it a bit boring. Although for some reason I was expecting "Reckoning" which I am looking forward to, so I suppose anything would have been a bit of a downer.

I think the person who works the "flange" on the Goa'uld voices has lost it. It is starting to sound very tacky, and cheap, kind of how Apophis's voice was in "The Nox" episode. It wasn't "full" enough if you get me.

I liked the nuclear war part.
                          Interesting that you should say that. Remember when there was a discussion on the fact that we hadn't seen the glowy eyes in a while, and then when we did, they looked weird (at least they look weird to me)? I don't like them. I know they're probably higher-tech looking now or something, considering the advances that the show has made, but the glowy eyes of yore are WAY better. I'm wondering if the voices met the same fate or something...

Comment

I thought it was very boring for the most part--way to much exposition and not enough action. The scenes in Russia were a pretty good mix, but the stuff back at the SGC was dull.

We went to Defcon 1-- big deal, we know nothing's going to happen and everything will be all right at the end. There was really no urgency to anything.

Speaking of the end-- what's with that abrupt dead stop? They run out of time or something?

I probably sound like a broken record at times but this is just NOT Stargate anymore. It's more like... space pirates or something.

Another disappointment. This was more of a Tell rather than a Show.

The good bits? Jack didn't act like an idiot. Daniel was HOT in that suit, but... he's talking way way WAY too fast.

Oh--- I'm glad they had the Russians speaking Russian rather than English!
                            Dana Jeanne
                            Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Terrible episode!!!! SG-1 is steadily going downhill. The storyline quality is getting really poor. I am thinking getting rid of my satellite stations in europe, the only reason i got them was to watch SG-1 early.

O'Neill is not on SG-1 anymore and the show is suffering badly. I was hoping the show wouldn't end like this, the show is gonna end with many badly written stories after it. Too bad cuz it is better to end a show when it is doing good than drive it into the ground...

This episode was so boring i could cry!! It ended so quickly with an incredibly stupid ending with no purpose whatsoever. Arghh i am just upset that this show was once great now it is getting disappointing week after week (although "its good to be king" was pretty good i have to admit...)

If you want good character development and exciting stories WATCH ATLANTIS it is doing a lot better than SG-1 at the moment.
                              Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
                              - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
                              - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
                              Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
                              Mayboune: *shrugs*
                              - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Mr W loved it, he said it was great cos Stuff Really Happened. I can't argue with that. Does it make any sense at all for me to say that it was a good ep but I didn't really like it? I mean, it had action, humour, continuity, surprises, lots of stuff that was a Really Big Deal... ie plenty of great ingredients. And yet I have little desire to see it again, which is really unusual for me.

I did like Kinsey's role in this one though - another rarity. I felt he got given a lot of depth (in his swansong ep! the irony!), and he was interesting cos whereas before I always thought that he was posturing and speechifying whenever he spoke about the Stargate Programme or US security this time I got the feeling he meant it.

I guessed what was in the box, and it was easilly the most thrilling part of the ep. Ronny Cox gets top marks for acting in this ep, and especially in that scene.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X