No announcement yet.

Full Alert (814)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha! The actors weren't even Russian. Their Russian accent (while speaking in Russian) was so terrible that I couldn't understand them!

Comment

I was dispointed by this episode. What I mean is that there was a world-wide military crisis where the U.S. and Russia were on the verge of an all-out nuclear war. All we saw was the SGC, some military base in Russia, and the Prometheus. It was very underwelming. I expected to see missile silo doors opening, bombers in the air (ala the montages from the wonderful movie Thirteen Days) and the like. But I realize that full Alert was simply a way to end the whole plotline of the Osiris ship and
      Spoiler:
      to kill off Kinsey (or did they?)
      but it was a waste of an episode. The acting was average, the plot weak, the whole premise was wasted. Possibly the worst episode of the entire eigth season.

timdalton007
      Last edited by timdalton007; 30 November 2005, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Hiya Peeps!

New to the site here, enjoying my tour of the site so far, just watched this episode today (as i taped it sunday as i was out) good story line, explaines abit of previous titbits, always nice to see jack, love daniel (met him once, much nicer in person! ) loved the "dry cleaning" bit.
        equineholisticcare.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

All life is but a wandering to find home.

Comment

Another newbie here! I really enjoyed 'Full Alert', certainly a lot more than I was expecting to. I'd seen a lot of negative comments on it so it was a nice surprise, really.

Daniel and Jack at the end of the briefing had me in fits of laughter. I adore their banter.

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode

Kate xx
          Will anyone who is telekinetic please raise my hand?

Comment

New poster, first post.

So I was thinking about this episode the other day and couldn't help but wonder if we'll ever see Kinsey again, and if we do in what form it'll be.

Wouldn't it be cool if, considering Kinsey's religious views, he came back as a Goul'd named Yehova and his followers were named and looked like the angels from the Angelic Choir?

It be cool to see Jaffa in armor modeled after angels, with wings and the whole thing. Or if not Jaffa maybe some other race the Goul'd who took over Kinsey could dominate and force to serve him.

What do you guys think?
            I roll the dice and everyone else loses.

Comment

Jaffa in wings? Interesting idea, but no one take them seriously. I could use a laugh though. Also, I don't think the goa'uld necessarily adopt the religion of the host. Any attempt at mimicking God may not be successful in attracting the masses of people the snake probably wants.
              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Heh

But wouldn't it be interesting if Kinsey influenced the Goul'd? It's happened before (i.e. Thor's Hammer).

The Goul'd could see how important the Judeo-Christian mythology has become on Earth and decide that that could be the way to take over the planet, by impersonating the one God that most people accept as the only one.

It wouldn't be absolutely necessary for Kinsey to influence the Goul'd, though. The symbiote could just get the knowledge out of the host's mind and design his entire facade around it.

And he wouldn't even need space ships to do it, it could be sort of similar to the Cult of Seth, with a church or something like that.

Comment

Wouldn't work 'that' well though. An ex-politician starting up a cult? Would create too much attention for the snake's liking.

Remember that Seth's cult was kept fairly obscure.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

True.

Maybe the cult could have a different figure head with Kinsey behind the scenes?

Comment

I think the fish would be way too small for the Goa'uld. Seth had no choice but to hide out because of the price on his slimy head. Kinsey's Goa'uld doesn't have that problem. In fact, I would think that the first chance he got he would get off the planet.
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Agreed my question is how long was kinsey a gou'ld??
                        sigpic

Comment

After he went to see the Trust operatives. Remember his face when he looked into that case? Pretty obvious they Goa'ulded him after that.
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Ya that is true haha wow I cant believe I missed that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but does anyone know what the russian lady said right before Daniel scolded her ("Language!")? Obviously it was some sort of swear word, but what's the english translation?
                              YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Ugh Kinsey i think got away. Jack should have shot him in his house. I hate Kinsey, such a rat, i guess that makes him a good character and written good.

Comment

Working...
                                X