Full Alert (814)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another ep of SG1...

1. Mikita Couriers...I misread that as Nikita couriers and thought it was a reference to Little Nikita!

2. Forgot about the Kiselov glasses thing.

3. The biggest mistake was Jack having cack security.

4. Of all the ways for Kinsey to go out...

Solid ep.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This is a good episode. One last of bashing of heads with Kinsey. Its also not really Kinsey. Its kind of disappointing only the first bit is Jack and Kinsey bashing heads at one another like they use to do all the time. The episode quickly more mutates into a more conspiracy of Goa'uld infiltration on Earth. In the past I have been against the Trust story angle but this one is okay because I like the development of the Goa'uld hiding on Earth. The storyline has the potential of good development in future seasons. Also I like the political tension of the US and Russia as given the disagreements in past season it makes realastic sense. Thier was a real sense something bad was going to happen. I think it would have been an awesome 2 parter to see a small US-Russia war before the Goa'uld espoinage was discovered. The one negative part is the ambigous nature of is Kinsey dead or alive.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I am watching this episode now and I am wandering if the guy that plays varro in sguAnd also plays a Russian aide to the general kiseleve was a Gould as well as he was the link between the trust and the general in the first place, as revealed by Carter in this episode
        Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Fair to say that its two different characters played by the same guy

Comment

Love the eps with the Russians involved not only due to the tension between the USA and Russia in SG but also due to the lovely Russian accent - I know that's stupid but I really love it. I think Kinsey finally got what he deserved - now he is a pain in the universal ass.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Nope... not impressed.

Can't remember whether I liked this the first time around, but I definitely have nothing to say in the way of "yay, what an episode" -- on the contrary... boring!

Using Kinsey to gain access to the trust -- I mean, what could possibly go wrong here. Kinsey is what Kinsey does, and becoming a goa'uld was probably not in his immediate future plans but it makes for a nice enough ending to the character.

Although, I feel the whole goa'uld infiltration plot thing seemed just a little too convenient. Putting Russia/China against the US -- well that's still very much the case (even to this day). Actually that last bit is a bit of a scary though, considering who's in charge in the US at the moment. Imagine that petulant child wanting to prove a point... *shudder*

Anywho, not impressed with the whole thing but that's behind me now so onwards to whatever comes next... *checks DVD-box* ...Reckoning, parts 1 and 2.

How would you rate SG-1's "Full Alert"?

Excellent
              Good
              Fair
              Poor
              Terrible

3-episode quiz: Gemini, It's Good To Be King & Full Alert

Jigsaw puzzle: Full Alert
              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 24 May 2020, 03:31 PM.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

13:17. Back to normal.
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by who knows View Post
                  13:17. Back to normal.

Good times.

Comment

I think if our real president was in this episode, we would be have a nuclear winter.
                    I'm inclined to agree with FH. I got tired of the Trust by this episode and Kinsey seems wasted in this episode to be a Goa'uld the whole time. I think a highlight was Daniel in Russia to see him with the Russian captain. I think a big reason this episode fails is the US/Russian tension is offscreen. A poor with 7:08
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I have expected some kind of closure to Kinsey's character, but we will never see him again. Maybe the writers have saved him as a future enemy. Just I don't like the fact that an annoying, hostile character has become a Goa'uld, so basically he was turned to be a martyr of the SGC. He doesn't deserve such treatment as he was a bad guy in the last 7 seasons.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Coming in, somewhere in the middle with a solid 9:54.

Comment

Totally boring episode. I can't say more.

Comment

11:34

Comment

Working...
                            X