Full Alert (814)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LMichelle
    Yet again, Teal'c parades around in sleeveless. Why can't he wear the standard uniform like everyone else does? Speaking of Teal'c, how about that pimped up Expedition he was driving? Does the SGC have SUVs like that are their disposal or did Teal'c get on Pimp My Ride and didn't tell us?

I was distracted the last half hour of the ep by Daniel in that gorgeous suit. Did I miss anything pertinent?
    I presume you wouldn't mind it much if Daniel were to "parade around in sleeveless" more often.

No doubt, the producers are aware that many fans are very appreciative of the attractive cast members they have. Is it really any surprise then that they choose to showcase Daniel, Teal'c, Jack and Sam in form-fitting uniforms or sleeveless tops at every opportunity?
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Folks who thought it was unrealistic for the Russian government to go nuclear? Folks who were surprised that Jack had a concealed weapon on him?

Damn....I musta stepped into a parallel universe, 'cause I'da been surprised if those things DIDN'T happen in my universe.....

Comment

Originally posted by gwangung
        Folks who thought it was unrealistic for the Russian government to go nuclear? Folks who were surprised that Jack had a concealed weapon on him?

Damn....I musta stepped into a parallel universe, 'cause I'da been surprised if those things DIDN'T happen in my universe.....
        LOL couldn't of said it better myself.

Comment

Originally posted by gwangung

You and I must be from the same universe, because I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            You and I must be from the same universe, because I agree.
            YAY some one else from this universe. I thought i was alone when i first started to read this thread. Everyone saying how unbelievable that Russia prepared to blow up the US.

Comment

I was kind of disappointed to see Kinsey and the Trust blown away at the end of the show. It is ironic that, for all the justifications of taking technology, any technology, no matter what, no matter who gets hurt in the process, the people justifying their actions were unable to prevent themselves from being implanted with goa'ulds and caused the very problem that they arrogently believed that only they could stop. Although Kinsey was a complete ass, his interactions with SG-1, the NID and the Trust kept them on their toes. Considering the animosity between Jack and the Russian general, it was good to see them working together in spite of their differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastet11191967
                I was kind of disappointed to see Kinsey and the Trust blown away at the end of the show. It is ironic that, for all the justifications of taking technology, any technology, no matter what, no matter who gets hurt in the process, the people justifying their actions were unable to prevent themselves from being implanted with goa'ulds and caused the very problem that they arrogently believed that only they could stop. Although Kinsey was a complete ass, his interactions with SG-1, the NID and the Trust kept them on their toes. Considering the animosity between Jack and the Russian general, it was good to see them working together in spite of their differences.
                I got the impression that Kinsey may have survived but who nows it was not made clear if he died with rest of trust members he certainly had time to escape.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Do we really know that Kinsey is dead? They didn't actually show his yelling to the screen, and he did grab that modified hand device, which suggests that he probably had somewhere else to go.
                  Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

You just knew that Kinsey would become a goa'uld one day. He has that look.
                    I liked the part when Daniel said 'what do you want with me.ow.' I thought that was so funny!
                    *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

This may have been mentioned before, but was anyone else disappointed that they made the Earth-based enemies of SGC, Goa'ulds?

I've kind of liked the very human corruption of Kinsey and the Trust.

I don't know. The entire episode I had this funny feeling of crop-out.
                      *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

Hmm...it's interesting to see that some people think this is the best ep of the season and others think it's the worst. IMHO, I really enjoyed this ep. I had my gripes, but they were small compared to feeling like this was more reminant of the good ol' days of Stargate.

I loved the exchanges between Kinsey and Jack (the phone thing and "we're under new management"). And yes, I thought Jack having a gun was a little out there. Dude, you went to the grocery store. But as mentioned above, the fact that we loathe Kinsey so much is all Ronny Cox's performance. And we all know Kinsey isn't gone for good, so I look forward to seeing him again.

Thank you thank you thank you for getting rid of The Trust! For those that have seen PK Wars, when Crichton describes the Scarrans by going "Ooooooo" that's how I feel about The Trust.

The humor in this ep was great, not grating like it's been a bit recently. I loved the board room scene, the dry cleaning comment was hilarious. And Daniel and the Russian chick had a great chemistry too them (as it's been said, the "we'll stick w/English" comment was one of the funniest moments in the ep. And Mikita Couriers! Hee.

But what really made this ep for me was Jack. He finally started acting like a General: confident, cool-headed, and yet he still kept that patented Jack-sense-of-humor I love. Don't get me wrong, I loved Zero Hour, but the whole fish out of water thing was getting old. After awhile, Jack just seemed so lost, and it was not flattering to the character at all. I thought the interaction with Chekov was well done (although they did become friends rather fast). Thank you for giving me Jack back, I missed him!

So, all in all, yes it was a bit predictable (there was a Goa'uld in the briefcase?! Duh.) But what a breath of fresh air in a mediocre season. Now I just have to get through Citizen Joe before the really good stuff (Reckoning, Threads, Moebius) gets here.
                        Last edited by Hex.FTB.enabled; 14 February 2005, 12:40 PM.
                        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                        Daniel: Oh! You see?
                        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I have no problem with them getting rid of the Trust, after all. This is the season seems to be about.

I just wish they did it a way that fit with what the Trust was. Not make them all snakey and then blow them up.

The fact that the Trust and all its previous incarnations, had been Earth human bad guys is what made them interesting.

Making them all gao'uld and then blowing them up seemed cheap to me.

Not the worst episode in the season, but not actually a compliment, since so far, Season 8 has been the worst season, IMHO.
                          *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

Originally posted by Thek
                            The fact that the Trust and all its previous incarnations, had been Earth human bad guys is what made them interesting.

Making them all gao'uld and then blowing them up seemed cheap to me.
                            I'm of the opposite opinion. The Trust wasn't that interesting for me cause they were like every other criminal of every other show. Making them goa'uld made it a little more exciting for me. They have more potential as goa'ulds. It's also fun trying to guess who's a goa'uld and at what point they were possessed.

Comment

Anyone else catch the subtle (or not so subtle) reference to Icon? I think it's kind of interesting that they've twice referenced an episode now that seemed like a 'stand alone' at the time.

Comment

no - what was it? - icon was such a horrible episode that i blocked it out of my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X