Full Alert (814)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWarrior
    A: Why weren't the shields up in the first place - there is a cloacked enemy ship so you would have shields up ready!
    <shrugs> Maybe keeping shields up constantly is too much of an energy drain? (or more likely)Every ship commander wants to say, "Activate shields!"

B: Where did Daniel get the beam device from and how he get beamed to the Bridge and not the mess!
    Yeah, where did he get that? Did Sam pick it up off the guy she K-Oed at the end of Endgame?

[/QOUTE]One last question - where did Kinsey beam down to![/QUOTE]

He'll be baack!
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

They explained in endgame that the prommie had asgard transporters but not sensors. If they activated their 'transport activation becons (otherwise known as pagers! ), the prometheus can beam them up.

The reason they are beamed to bridge and not the ring room or mess hall is purely dramatic
      That would explain how we went from "Your a pig, but I like your cat" to "I missed you"

Comment

Originally posted by Davinder
        They explained in endgame that the prommie had asgard transporters but not sensors. If they activated their 'transport activation becons (otherwise known as pagers! ), the prometheus can beam them up.
        So they took a hint from the Trust and built transport sensors. <nods>Makes sense.
        Gracie

Comment

Although it was never mentioned it is pretty clear they were working for Anubis. The episode had some good twist but were predictable, great to see Jack and the Russians. Overall not bad episode finally put to rest the whole trust business but the mystery remains did Kinsey die or did he manage to get away.
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Great episode.

I wasn't thinking much of the storyline for this plot, though it turned out pretty cool. I liked the early scene in the briefing room where everyone goes off to do something .. except Daniel who finds out he's going to Russia. Then scenes between Daniel and the Russian Military Officer were cool, where Daniel speaks a little Russian and she says "We'll stick with english."

Despite personally thinking that Kinsey should have gone from the show, I was surprised at how many times it tried to convince you he'd gone and come back again -- it was to no surprise he'd been taken host by a Gou'ald, just adds to the evilness.

The involvment between the US/Russia was a good plot, and the interaction of Jack in this episode was pretty cool. Surprisingly enough, there was a lot of Jack in this episode.

I cannot remember correctly, I was watching ad couldn't remember correctly if Kinsey did survive. Did he escape from the ship? I'll re-watch tonight and see if he does, and if he did -- where did he escape to?
            __

__

Comment

You know they should've taken Daniel as a host. That way they would've gotten Atlantis' location and the information if the outpost's weapons were online.

Comment

Another thing:

I never realised how much Russia looked like British Columbia.
                That would explain how we went from "Your a pig, but I like your cat" to "I missed you"

Comment

Another thing:

Whadda ya expect; other planets look like British Colombia.
                  Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    You know they should've taken Daniel as a host. That way they would've gotten Atlantis' location and the information if the outpost's weapons were online.
                    This is a very good point. One i hadn't considered. The russians were already convinced that the american administration had been compromised, what would have been better than to convince them that the SGC had been compromised too. This probably would have made the action move a lot faster too.

Also have to agree that the Goa'uld flashing eyes and voices are getting lamer. Noticed it for the first time with Daniel's eyes in Avatar and it was the same in this ep. Make it like it was!

Citizen Joe next week people! oohh!

Comment

Another thing:

Actually, B.C. has some of the most diverse terrain within a relatively small area. And I'm sure there are actually lots of wilderness regions in Russia that will resemble B.C. (or much of Canada, for that matter, having similar climate and all).
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                        The Russian colonel had ties to the Trust but that doesn't automatically mean he has a symbiote in him. It just means the Trust could get to Kiselov very easily. Or maybe they were just putting on a show for the benefit of everyone else, to reinforce their charge that they believed the American leadership had been compromised by the Goa'uld.
                        As bad as the Trust seems to be, it is my understanding that the Trust wanted the Gou'ald dead by any means necessary. I gleened from this episode that all of the Trust had been compromised as well as anyone else needed in the plot to incite WWIII. IMO, I can't see a high-ranking, non-Gou'alded Trust member knowingly putting a Gou'ald in a position of power and control of thermonuclear weapons. I assumed the Russian colonel and Kiselov were both Gou'ald. Maybe "Reckoning" will clarify these issues.

Even if the Russian colonel was not a Gou'ald, I don't remember ever hearing about a blood test that tests for Gou'ald infestation. Could they have been checking for the Ancient gene?

Token ~

Comment

good action...lots of humor(walter reading that information, and jack just leaving..the look on his face , lol)..nice to see teal'c joining the swat team ...personally was really cool see the russian captain with female version of my name..since seeing prometheus unbound and full alert, one annoying thing is that every idiot that stumbles unto prometheus seems to be able to use its rings...how about we setup some activation code type deal

Comment

Sweet.
                            Buids nicely from Desperate Measures, Affinty, Conveant and Endgame. Nice to seek Jack wasn;t be a complete ass towards Chekov. Kinsey as goa'uld well thats been a fanbioy dream since season 1 was he supposed to have escaped the Al'kesh or what?

It seems thee tok'ra poison is at the end of its vaibillty now that the sytem lord have it they can properly make themselves immune.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Another thing:

Did you not see the stock footage of Moscow or as it was pronounced in this ep all the time Moss-cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                                Did you not see the stock footage of Moscow or as it was pronounced in this ep all the time Moss-cow.
                                yeah...in U.S. that's actually how it's pronounced...

Comment

Working...
                                X