Full Alert (814)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    I do have a question. If the Russian general was a Gou'ald and his right-hand man was a Gou'ald, then why did they take Daniel's blood? Any ideas?
    The Russian colonel had ties to the Trust but that doesn't automatically mean he has a symbiote in him. It just means the Trust could get to Kiselov very easily. Or maybe they were just putting on a show for the benefit of everyone else, to reinforce their charge that they believed the American leadership had been compromised by the Goa'uld.
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Wow... Jack was in a lot of this episode. In the extended Lowdown that came with my Season 7 boxed said, RDA, when talking about his schedual said:

"I've seen some of the later scripts and I'm wall to wall [in them], so I don't know how [we're going to make them]."

Maybe this is an example of a Stargate episode that's Jack-Heavy.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode. It had lots of plots running along, the end of the Trust (went out with a bang! Heh!), lots of Jack and just continued the storyline that's been building this Season very well. And Goa'uld Kinsey! That could be interesting.

Only two things bugged me:

Lionel Pendergast and "Comm. Officer". Damn it, I want Col. Ronson and Maj. Gant back!

The ending. It just kinda... stopped. It was VERY quick.

BYE
      "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

You know, for an episode of Stargate that had little to do with the Stargate, this was a great episode!
        A homage to "The Sum of All Fears". I dunno why, but anything to do with the world being on the brink of nuclear war is really entertaining (probably because TV's the only medium we can enjoy that sort of thing ...).

Comment

This was a weird ep. It wasn't awesome, but wasn't terrible, wasn't good, but wasn't bad. It was just...there.

I enjoyed the scene between Jack and Kinsey at Jack's place and Kinsey, Sam and Daniel in the van ("Take off your belt" ). Kinsey's 'eye glow' looked wrong, and the Goa'uld voiced seemed different somehow . Also, the ending felt rushed.

Maybe this seemed disapointing because I found 'It's Good To Be King' so enjoyable, or because I have such high expectations for the latter episodes of Season 8 (I don't know why, i'm sure i'll just be disapointed )

Comment

An Earth based mission that I enjoyed.

This surprised me alot - it was a very interesting episode and the last six episodes look great as well.

The first scene was great - O'Neill and Kinsey, the way Kinsey pulls the phone line so then Jack gets out his mobile instead to phone the Sheriff.

Daniel thinking he wasn't needed so he would go and get his dry cleaning!

I liked the interaction between Daniel and the Russian Woman - as someone already said Daniel seems to be getting all the ladies attention lately. I liked the bit when Daniel said her English was good and she asked in Russian how good was his Russian and he answers in not so perfect Russian so the woman then says "We'll stick to English".

Good to see O'Neill and Chekov sort of getting along - those two are never friendly and there was some tension but they worked well together.

Surprised Major Davis wasn't in this one - this episode seemed suited to him.

Good to see the same crew on Prometheus - two questions regarding that thoe is A: Why weren't the shields up in the first place - there is a cloacked enemy ship so you would have shields up ready! B: Where did Daniel get the beam device from and how he get beamed to the Bridge and not the mess!

One last question - where did Kinsey beam down to! The device only works short distances so he must be back on Earth.

Comment

In the Things-That-Make-You-Go-Hmm category, I was just wondering if it was standard practice for a brigadier-general to be carrying a concealed hand gun when going out for groceries at the local supermarket.
              To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                In the Things-That-Make-You-Go-Hmm category, I was just wondering if it was standard practice for a brigadier-general to be carrying a concealed hand gun when going out for groceries at the local supermarket.
                I said the exact same thing when Jack pulled the gun out of the back of his jeans... also did you notice just how much beer he bought...
                Sam....

Comment

Well, don't have much time to register my opinion, but just time enough to say that I really, really enjoyed this episode.

First of all, it was great to see Jack being completely Jack in this one. If that makes sense. Not just One Liner Jack or Constipated-In-The-Briefing Room- Jack (what is it with that stock expression he uses in the Briefing Room these days that seems to be the only expression he's got?) but the Jack we know and love who can take a crisis in his stride and be serious and determined when the situation calls for it. A fully engaged, completely animated Jack. How wonderful to see his return.

Of course, he hadn't lost his sense of humour in between times - perfect balance. Can we have more of this please?

The teaser was an absolute joy. Laughed out loud at Jack pretending Kinsey had stymied him by pulling out the phone lead - then casually taking his cell out of his pocket and starting again. ROTFL! And there was so much wonderful banter between him and Kinsey in that scene. Also, nice little touch of throwaway detail - the kind of thing I really love to see - where we learn that Jack and his good buddy, Andy the local sheriff, play poker.

I almost fell off the chair laughing at "Five bucks, Carter has a theory!" and "Yeah, well, we're under new management." And the Briefing Room conversation with Teal'c being assigned to the Prometheus, the banter over Carter's suggestion for the search program and finally the great interaction with Daniel and Jack (especially Daniel casually looking around as he waited for Jack to dismiss him and then deciding it was time for him to pick up his dry cleaning) was an absolute joy to watch. Oh and how could I forget, "If you don't do what they want, they'll kill you. If you don't do what we want...we'll let them."

Generally speaking, the great thing about this one too was the air of tension throughout. Something which I thought was lacking in last week's episode. (I enjoyed IGTBK a lot, but felt that the Jaffa these days just don't inspire the same tension they used to and were pretty much a non-threat). This week, there was a real air of danger and threat. Loved the solution to dealing with the Alkesh and the Trust members escaping back in Endgame - how inventive that they were caught by the Go'auld and turned into hosts. Now there's irony for you! LOL. Kudos to the writers there.

I enjoyed the team getting down and dirty - Daniel and Carter doing the surveillance, Daniel in Russia was a delight, especially his interaction with Daria ("Language!"). Only poor Teal'c was short-changed really.

Yup, this one's already a firm favourite and one I'll watch a time or two (or maybe more ) again.

also did you notice just how much beer he bought...
                  Well, he was providing the beer for the poker night, remember. <g>

Oh and how nice too that even though they thought this was the last season they didn't kill off Kinsey on screen, but left it open-ended. Can't see it taking much writing talent to bring him back in S9 if they want to. Yay! <G> Kinsey, back on Earth, with a Go'auld hand device. Spooky.

Albion
                  Last edited by Albion; 12 January 2005, 03:38 AM.
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

well he does have a poker night on friday with some guys, I don't think hes turned to being an alcoholic just yet

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                      I thought that was...odd too. Here's my theory: Jack left his gun in his car for some reason, and realised it was there when he got in after doing his shopping. He put the gun in his pocket so he would remember to bring it with him when he was getting out of the car, and so it was conveniently there for him when he found his front door open.

I realise that Jack is the last person who would be careless with where he leaves a gun but it's the only thing I could come up with...unless he is really really paranoid...

I'm putting too much thought into this.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                        Lionel Pendergast and "Comm. Officer". Damn it, I want Col. Ronson and Maj. Gant back!
                        I don't mind the new CO, but I'll second the motion to bring back Major Gant.

Overall, it was another good ep. A nice flashback to good old cold war paronia flicks, such as Wargames. (One of my favorite movies as a kid. I haven't seen it in forever, I think I'm gonna have to rent it.)

The ending was way to rushed, though. There was plenty of repercussions from all this, that they could have touched on. They should have at least had a discussion about how Kinsey was missing, or something.

Though now that I think about it, they probably think he was still on board the Al'kesh when it was destroyed. Hmm... story fodder for next season. Goa'uld Kinsey suddenly shows up, trying to do something terrible, and it's up to SG-1 (sans O'Neill) to stop him.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                          I thought that was...odd too. Here's my theory: Jack left his gun in his car for some reason, and realised it was there when he got in after doing his shopping. He put the gun in his pocket so he would remember to bring it with him when he was getting out of the car, and so it was conveniently there for him when he found his front door open.

I realise that Jack is the last person who would be careless with where he leaves a gun but it's the only thing I could come up with...unless he is really really paranoid...

I'm putting too much thought into this.
                          He's the CO of the most secret, most important base on earth, and has made a lot of enemies over the years. With the Trust still operating, I think it makes sense for him to be on guard whenever he is out of the base.

a time to mourn

Comment

Excellent episode, especially for one of the earth-based outside the SGC ones. Actually, I think it may be the best one so far. Best part was the mystery and intrigue that kept us guessing somewhat throughout the ep what was really going on. Although I did suspect at the begining the when they opened the suitcase there was a symbiote inside. Never thought the "entire" trust was comprimised.

Also, the Russian soldier assigned to assist Dr. Jackson, WOW! I thought she was one of the most attractive woman SG-1 has had in a long time. Now, wouldn't it be great (for me that is) if she became a regular on SG-1 . Sg-1 has never been a sex-appeal show as say Andromeda is (where all the guys are shirtless and all the woman have cleavage down to their toenails). Aside from Hathor I never was all that attracted to any of the woman on Stargate, until now that is.

Lastly, I am surprise by the sentiment of some that this was the worst ep. show should end, S9 is going to suck, etc. etc. Personally, the direction they have taken the last couple of eps is any indication, then S9 is looking real good right now.

Oh, did I mention how much I liked how the Prometheus kicked some @$$ over a Gou'ald alkesh? Love those space scenes.

Comment

I started re-watching the episode, but I fell asleep.

Comment

Oof! Pretty tense stuff.

The ep was a little slow at first but the tension, once it started to build, grew quickly. I've been keeping relatively clear of spoilers, and though I knew Kinsey would be a Goa'uld, I didn't know the how and why of it. That helped make the ep a nail-biter, for me.

Daniel had a terrific part in this ep, and so did the Russian Captain. "Okay, we'll stick to english, then." Priceless!
                                I hope she's okay! I hope they didn't snake her....

I wonder if Anubis is behind all this. The sound, as usual, was lousy(must be my speakers, right? ) but it sounded like his voice telling buddy to blow up the Prometheus with Kinsey on board. (That's okay, I really, really don't want to know, so if it is the case and you want to share, please put that into spoiler space? Thanks)
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X