Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis
    Great episode.

I cannot remember correctly, I was watching ad couldn't remember correctly if Kinsey did survive. Did he escape from the ship? I'll re-watch tonight and see if he does, and if he did -- where did he escape to?
    Yes Kinsey took the wrist device and I would presume beamed down to Earth as Osiris once did.

For those saying it had an abrupt ending so did Double Jeopardy and that led to two great episodes Exodus and Enemies. Full Alert has obviously laid the grounding for Reckoning.
    I've an idea send Teal'c off world and release the poison over Russia just to clear up any left over Goa'ulds.
    jan t

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
      Lionel Pendergast and "Comm. Officer". Damn it, I want Col. Ronson and Maj. Gant back!
      Are you kidding?? Col Ronson was the worst actor SG-1 have EVER had!! He was awful in Memento!!!

Good episode though, as much as I HATED the beginning of this season, it's definately been picking up very well since Endgame.
      Last edited by mancslad08; 12 January 2005, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Well ...where to start. Where is the Anceint ship from It's Good To Be King? That has a cloaking device and probably has good enough sensors to find a Cloaked ship. Now I am definitely stoked that they got rid of the Trust. Or did they. It is true that Kinsey did get away. How? We don't really know. My first thougthts were that he ringed back to Prometheous. Apparently he didn't. So He probably is on Earth somewhere. And of course no one will know this until a future episode. So.....does that mean that the Trust is done? Probably not.

2nd..... Now we know that the Trust was all Gou'alds now. Which ones were they? I am sure that they are Gou'alds we would have know. And it makes you wonder why they did not release that Gou'ald killer on Earth since Teal'c is on Prometheous.......And know that I think about it ...it doesn't matter because Teal'c doesn't have a symbiote anymore. All together the episode was good but left a lot of wholes.

Anyone think the same thing?
        Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Well, some rude person gave me a red square for my post on this episode-- does anyone know what "STFU" means? I can kind of guess the last two aren't printable on a family forum, but I don't get the ST. And since the person didn't bother to sign their name, I can't ask them!

Dana Jeanne
          Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Allrighty, better get this all typed up and posted so that I can go online and see what everybody else thought...

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
            of 'Full Alert'

I'm kinda sleepy and all, so I don't trust my own feelings about the episode until I've seen it again in a more aware state. Right now I'm thinking it's sligthly above avarage. It started out kind of slow, although I did like Kinsey just showing up at Jack's place. The nerve of that guy! I must admit, though, that it did feel somewhat out of character for him. Kinsey hates Jack with a vengeance. It's not entirely believeable that he'd go to Jack for help or whatever, just to get back at the Trust. Especially when taken into consideration that Jack is much more responsible for his downfall than them.

The episode gets more interesting, and the tension rises as the situation escalates. And then, of course, it's resolved and the episode ends. More abruptly than any other Stargate episode so far. Oh well.

So... The Trust. I guess it's fair to assume they were all Goa'ulded. Is it also fair to assume that they're basically done for after the events in the episode? Were all the remaining operatives on board the al'kesh when it blew? At the very least, it only makes sense that there'd be none left on Earth. After all, they were planning on making everyone on the planet blow each other up.

What about Goa'uld!Kinsey, then? Did he blow up with the ship, or (since we didn't see him for a while before it happened) did he escape? The al'kesh did have asgard beaming technology, right? Boy, do I sound clueless! Well, I'm gonna take a guess and say that perhaps the writers left it open in the hopes of finding a use for the character should the show be renewed for another season.

Other than that, I liked to see Colonel Chekov again. It's been a long time since we last saw him and he's more of a sympathetic character now.

On a scale from Pig Puke to Piggy's Thumbs Up (where Pig Puke is lowest... probably, I haven't worked out all the dirty details) 'Full Alert' gets a "meh..." and a half.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
              Well, some rude person gave me a red square for my post on this episode-- does anyone know what "STFU" means? I can kind of guess the last two aren't printable on a family forum, but I don't get the ST. And since the person didn't bother to sign their name, I can't ask them!

Dana Jeanne
              ST means "Shut the...", when I first saw that insult I thought it meant "Stuff you", I was surprised to learn it's true meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne

Dana Jeanne
                That sucks.....I got one from a mod for being off subject. I must have read the post wrong. See....I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again. I am dislexit ( or how ever you spell it.) So....anyways that isn't right. I read your post and it didn't seem bad. I think that we all get our own opinions whether someone likes it or not. I can't say that you will like everything I have to say but then as long as I am not bashing you then there shouldn't be a problem. To everyone that reads......make sure that you are being kind to the other users. A negative to me is something I will never give to someone unless I think what they typed is completely wrong to everyone. Lets be kind and try and all get along.

Comment

Originally posted by Token

Even if the Russian colonel was not a Gou'ald, I don't remember ever hearing about a blood test that tests for Gou'ald infestation. Could they have been checking for the Ancient gene?
                  How about testing for the presence of naquadah?

Comment

Finally saw this episode today. The time difference between here and Britain affects my you-know-what-ing. Some things I liked and didn't like.
                    Things I Liked:
                    1. Jack had a significant role in this episode. Nothing like seeing Jack again!
                    2. We got to see the Prommie in action. It was nice to see it destroy that Al'kesh.
                    3. Daniel and the Russian lady was funny. She was pretty bossy, telling him he'd acquire the taste for whatever that food was. She was hilarious!
                    4. Kinsey as a Goa'uld was a shocker (except I saw the spoilers, so wasn't that big!)
                    5. Seeing Teal'c on a SWAT team made me happy! Didn't know he could drive.

Things I Didn't Like:
                    1. Going to Def-Con 1 didn't seem to make that much sense. I mean, personally, I didn't care what alert status we were. If they had wasted less time talking about their alert status, they could have added at least 2 minutes into the episode.
                    2. The Russians and the Goa'uld situation seemed very unsettling to me. I agree with what somewhat said about if the General was compromised, his right-hand man would have been. But they insisted on taking Daniel's blood.
                    3. Kinsey's glowing eyes and Goa'uld voice wasn't the same. It almost looked like his eyes were red instead of the yellowish/gold color - but it may have been from seeing it through two TV's.
                    4. Walter's constant updates got annoying, but nice to see Chevron Guy!!
                    5. Why did Daniel transport out of the prison? Like they said, doesn't that basically show the SGC is compromised....which they aren't though.

Good Quotes/Moments:
                    1. The whole thing between Daniel and the Russian woman about the food that didn't didn't like and their Russian conversation.
                    2. "I bet you 5 bucks Carter has a theory"
                    3. Daniel ringing in aboard the Prommie
                    4. Seeing the Prommie in action
                    5. "I have to go get my dry-cleaning" "You're leaving for Russia in 30 minutes"

All in all, I give "Full Alert" a 8/10 for some slow moments, but overall exciting, suspenseful, and action-packed (at times).

Comment

Originally posted by jantreeuk1
                      I've an idea send Teal'c off world and release the poison over Russia just to clear up any left over Goa'ulds.
                      That's a great idea! But they should do it all over Earth just to be sure. Oh, and Teal'c would be fine, he no longer has a symbiote.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                        Even if the Russian colonel was not a Gou'ald, I don't remember ever hearing about a blood test that tests for Gou'ald infestation. Could they have been checking for the Ancient gene?
                        Well, thinking about stuff in a logical fashion, it would make sense that biomedical research details of the Goa'uld and their physiology would be shared amongst the countries in on the stargate secret as part of their ongoing agreement to share intel and military efforts. Remember that the SGC and Area 51 have made a lot of progress in their knowledge of Goa'uld physiology, including the changes that might be exerted on the host, biochemically. For instance, the immune response can be subverted and various circulating cytokine or chemokines could have their normal levels elevated or suppressed to accomodate the presence of the symbiote. Maybe even looking for elevated levels of Goa'uld-specific antigens in the blood is also possible as a diagnostic aid.
                        McKAY: Well, you wouldn’t know that from this, would you? This might as well say, “Bing tiddle tiddle bong.” It’s complete gibberish!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                          That's a great idea! But they should do it all over Earth just to be sure. Oh, and Teal'c would be fine, he no longer has a symbiote.
                          There are a few major problems with that idea. First up, we don't know how many symbiotes are wagging their tails in hosts on earth and more importantly, who they're in. Remember that dying Goa'uld symbiotes take their hosts with them by releasing a biochemical poison that the host cannot tolerate. What if important businessmen or political figures suddenly started keeling over? The media furor over this would inevitably lead to public revelation of the stargate project. That would be a big no no.

Also ethically, the host, as we often know are generally unwilling ones. Releasing the symbiote poison over Earth is in effect a death sentence for the host as well. I don't think they deserve that kind of fate. It's just as morally objectionable as using the symbiote poison against the Jaffa armies of the enemy System Lords. Why? Because, just like every other biological or chemical agent of warfare, the killing power is indiscriminate beyond belief. And not to mention really hard to control.
                          McKAY: Well, you wouldn’t know that from this, would you? This might as well say, “Bing tiddle tiddle bong.” It’s complete gibberish!

Comment

Originally posted by kryon22
                            There are a few major problems with that idea. First up, we don't know how many symbiotes are wagging their tails in hosts on earth and more importantly, who they're in. Remember that dying Goa'uld symbiotes take their hosts with them by releasing a biochemical poison that the host cannot tolerate. What if important businessmen or political figures suddenly started keeling over? The media furor over this would inevitably lead to public revelation of the stargate project. That would be a big no no.

Also ethically, the host, as we often know are generally unwilling ones. Releasing the symbiote poison over Earth is in effect a death sentence for the host as well. I don't think they deserve that kind of fate. It's just as morally objectionable as using the symbiote poison against the Jaffa armies of the enemy System Lords. Why? Because, just like every other biological or chemical agent of warfare, the killing power is indiscriminate beyond belief. And not to mention really hard to control.

I don't think that it would be hard to make a good cover on people dieing.....Knowing Gou'ald they wouldn't sit around working when they could have someone worship them.

And if someone was a Gou'ald on Earth I don't think we would have any problem killing them off. It is all about keeping Earth safe.

Comment

Originally posted by mathwizard
                              How about testing for the presence of naquadah?
                              I thought about that, but is the naquadah present in the host's blood while the symbiote is still alive?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by kryon22
                                Well, thinking about stuff in a logical fashion, it would make sense that biomedical research details of the Goa'uld and their physiology would be shared amongst the countries in on the stargate secret as part of their ongoing agreement to share intel and military efforts. Remember that the SGC and Area 51 have made a lot of progress in their knowledge of Goa'uld physiology, including the changes that might be exerted on the host, biochemically. For instance, the immune response can be subverted and various circulating cytokine or chemokines could have their normal levels elevated or suppressed to accomodate the presence of the symbiote. Maybe even looking for elevated levels of Goa'uld-specific antigens in the blood is also possible as a diagnostic aid.
                                Good thoughts!

Is there anything is Stargate canon that states that a blood test can identify someone as a Gou'ald? I was still under the impression it was only determined by CT-scan.

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X