Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Full Alert (814)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlu
    Lionel Pendergast and "Comm. Officer". Damn it, I want Col. Ronson and Maj. Gant back!
    I don't mind the new CO, but I'll second the motion to bring back Major Gant.

Overall, it was another good ep. A nice flashback to good old cold war paronia flicks, such as Wargames. (One of my favorite movies as a kid. I haven't seen it in forever, I think I'm gonna have to rent it.)

The ending was way to rushed, though. There was plenty of repercussions from all this, that they could have touched on. They should have at least had a discussion about how Kinsey was missing, or something.

Though now that I think about it, they probably think he was still on board the Al'kesh when it was destroyed. Hmm... story fodder for next season. Goa'uld Kinsey suddenly shows up, trying to do something terrible, and it's up to SG-1 (sans O'Neill) to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by shelsfc
    I thought that was...odd too. Here's my theory: Jack left his gun in his car for some reason, and realised it was there when he got in after doing his shopping. He put the gun in his pocket so he would remember to bring it with him when he was getting out of the car, and so it was conveniently there for him when he found his front door open.

I realise that Jack is the last person who would be careless with where he leaves a gun but it's the only thing I could come up with...unless he is really really paranoid...

I'm putting too much thought into this.
    He's the CO of the most secret, most important base on earth, and has made a lot of enemies over the years. With the Trust still operating, I think it makes sense for him to be on guard whenever he is out of the base.

Chief Master Sergeant

Excellent episode, especially for one of the earth-based outside the SGC ones. Actually, I think it may be the best one so far. Best part was the mystery and intrigue that kept us guessing somewhat throughout the ep what was really going on. Although I did suspect at the begining the when they opened the suitcase there was a symbiote inside. Never thought the "entire" trust was comprimised.

Also, the Russian soldier assigned to assist Dr. Jackson, WOW! I thought she was one of the most attractive woman SG-1 has had in a long time. Now, wouldn't it be great (for me that is) if she became a regular on SG-1 . Sg-1 has never been a sex-appeal show as say Andromeda is (where all the guys are shirtless and all the woman have cleavage down to their toenails). Aside from Hathor I never was all that attracted to any of the woman on Stargate, until now that is.

Lastly, I am surprise by the sentiment of some that this was the worst ep. show should end, S9 is going to suck, etc. etc. Personally, the direction they have taken the last couple of eps is any indication, then S9 is looking real good right now.

Oh, did I mention how much I liked how the Prometheus kicked some @$$ over a Gou'ald alkesh? Love those space scenes.

I started re-watching the episode, but I fell asleep.

Oof! Pretty tense stuff.

The ep was a little slow at first but the tension, once it started to build, grew quickly. I've been keeping relatively clear of spoilers, and though I knew Kinsey would be a Goa'uld, I didn't know the how and why of it. That helped make the ep a nail-biter, for me.

Daniel had a terrific part in this ep, and so did the Russian Captain. "Okay, we'll stick to english, then." Priceless!
    I hope she's okay! I hope they didn't snake her....

I wonder if Anubis is behind all this. The sound, as usual, was lousy(must be my speakers, right? ) but it sounded like his voice telling buddy to blow up the Prometheus with Kinsey on board. (That's okay, I really, really don't want to know, so if it is the case and you want to share, please put that into spoiler space? Thanks)
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarrior
    A: Why weren't the shields up in the first place - there is a cloacked enemy ship so you would have shields up ready!
    <shrugs> Maybe keeping shields up constantly is too much of an energy drain? (or more likely)Every ship commander wants to say, "Activate shields!"

B: Where did Daniel get the beam device from and how he get beamed to the Bridge and not the mess!
    Yeah, where did he get that? Did Sam pick it up off the guy she K-Oed at the end of Endgame?

[/QOUTE]One last question - where did Kinsey beam down to![/QUOTE]

He'll be baack!
    Gracie

They explained in endgame that the prommie had asgard transporters but not sensors. If they activated their 'transport activation becons (otherwise known as pagers! ), the prometheus can beam them up.

The reason they are beamed to bridge and not the ring room or mess hall is purely dramatic
    That would explain how we went from "Your a pig, but I like your cat" to "I missed you"

Quote Originally Posted by Davinder
    They explained in endgame that the prommie had asgard transporters but not sensors. If they activated their 'transport activation becons (otherwise known as pagers! ), the prometheus can beam them up.
    So they took a hint from the Trust and built transport sensors. <nods>Makes sense.
    Gracie

Although it was never mentioned it is pretty clear they were working for Anubis. The episode had some good twist but were predictable, great to see Jack and the Russians. Overall not bad episode finally put to rest the whole trust business but the mystery remains did Kinsey die or did he manage to get away.

Great episode.

I wasn't thinking much of the storyline for this plot, though it turned out pretty cool. I liked the early scene in the briefing room where everyone goes off to do something .. except Daniel who finds out he's going to Russia. Then scenes between Daniel and the Russian Military Officer were cool, where Daniel speaks a little Russian and she says "We'll stick with english."

Despite personally thinking that Kinsey should have gone from the show, I was surprised at how many times it tried to convince you he'd gone and come back again -- it was to no surprise he'd been taken host by a Gou'ald, just adds to the evilness.

The involvment between the US/Russia was a good plot, and the interaction of Jack in this episode was pretty cool. Surprisingly enough, there was a lot of Jack in this episode.

I cannot remember correctly, I was watching ad couldn't remember correctly if Kinsey did survive. Did he escape from the ship? I'll re-watch tonight and see if he does, and if he did -- where did he escape to?

You know they should've taken Daniel as a host. That way they would've gotten Atlantis' location and the information if the outpost's weapons were online.

Another thing:

I never realised how much Russia looked like British Columbia.
    That would explain how we went from "Your a pig, but I like your cat" to "I missed you"

Another thing:

Whadda ya expect; other planets look like British Colombia.
    Gracie

Quote Originally Posted by aAnubiSs
    You know they should've taken Daniel as a host. That way they would've gotten Atlantis' location and the information if the outpost's weapons were online.
    This is a very good point. One i hadn't considered. The russians were already convinced that the american administration had been compromised, what would have been better than to convince them that the SGC had been compromised too. This probably would have made the action move a lot faster too.

Also have to agree that the Goa'uld flashing eyes and voices are getting lamer. Noticed it for the first time with Daniel's eyes in Avatar and it was the same in this ep. Make it like it was!

Citizen Joe next week people! oohh!

Second Lieutenant Buzz Lightyear's Avatar

Another thing:

Actually, B.C. has some of the most diverse terrain within a relatively small area. And I'm sure there are actually lots of wilderness regions in Russia that will resemble B.C. (or much of Canada, for that matter, having similar climate and all).
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Default Re: Full Alert

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    The Russian colonel had ties to the Trust but that doesn't automatically mean he has a symbiote in him. It just means the Trust could get to Kiselov very easily. Or maybe they were just putting on a show for the benefit of everyone else, to reinforce their charge that they believed the American leadership had been compromised by the Goa'uld.
    As bad as the Trust seems to be, it is my understanding that the Trust wanted the Gou'ald dead by any means necessary. I gleened from this episode that all of the Trust had been compromised as well as anyone else needed in the plot to incite WWIII. IMO, I can't see a high-ranking, non-Gou'alded Trust member knowingly putting a Gou'ald in a position of power and control of thermonuclear weapons. I assumed the Russian colonel and Kiselov were both Gou'ald. Maybe "Reckoning" will clarify these issues.

Even if the Russian colonel was not a Gou'ald, I don't remember ever hearing about a blood test that tests for Gou'ald infestation. Could they have been checking for the Ancient gene?

Token ~

good action...lots of humor(walter reading that information, and jack just leaving..the look on his face , lol)..nice to see teal'c joining the swat team ...personally was really cool see the russian captain with female version of my name..since seeing prometheus unbound and full alert, one annoying thing is that every idiot that stumbles unto prometheus seems to be able to use its rings...how about we setup some activation code type deal

Sweet.
    Buids nicely from Desperate Measures, Affinty, Conveant and Endgame. Nice to seek Jack wasn;t be a complete ass towards Chekov. Kinsey as goa'uld well thats been a fanbioy dream since season 1 was he supposed to have escaped the Al'kesh or what?

It seems thee tok'ra poison is at the end of its vaibillty now that the sytem lord have it they can properly make themselves immune.

Banner By JME2

Another thing:

Did you not see the stock footage of Moscow or as it was pronounced in this ep all the time Moss-cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitster
    Did you not see the stock footage of Moscow or as it was pronounced in this ep all the time Moss-cow.
    yeah...in U.S. that's actually how it's pronounced...