10 season DVD boxsets: question (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 season DVD boxsets: question (UK)

There are 3 different versions of the 10 season boxset in the UK - the basic one, the one that also has Ark of Truth, and the one that has both movies. Can anyone tell me if all three versions have the bonus extras disc, or only the movieless box?

Thanks.

The boxset that has both Ark Of Truth and Continuum has the bonus disc. Aswell as the one that just has the Ark Of Truth movie.

I am not sure about the basic boxset. I dont think it has the bonus disc.

I'll tell you this now: the 'bonus' disc, surprisingly, only has a few special features on it. None of which are deleted scenes or outtakes.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
      I am not sure about the basic boxset. I dont think it has the bonus disc.
      I think it does, and it has the nicest packaging, but the thread on this forum about faulty discs has me concerned as I really don't want to have to check over 200 episodes quickly, and if I don't but discover a faulty disc in a few months time, the manufacturers will probably be awkward about it.

Next question is which one will go on sale first!

Dilemmas, dilemmas...thanks for the info :-)

Comment

I would recommend that you get the 10 season boxset which includes Ark of Truth and Continuum but to be fair, I am currently watching the disks all the way through in this boxset. I am only upto the 4th disc of season 3. So far, I haven't found any faults. I bought mine back in June so if there was a problem, which I dont think there is, I wouldn't be able to send it back for a refund.

PS: When the boxset arrived, I watched season 10 first as I hadn't seen it for a while. There were no problems with the discs from season 10. Same is true for Ark of Truth and Continuum.

PPS: The bonus disc isn't in the basic season 10 boxset. I checked with HMV today.

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
          The bonus disc isn't in the basic season 10 boxset. I checked with HMV today.
          I meant this one:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/34762...t/Product.html

which is listed as containing it - but I'm assuming that's the "portal" box people are saying has faulty discs.

Comment

Oh yeah, the bonus disc is in there. But I wouldn't recommend that boxset. There have been a lot of issues with faulty discs due to the cr*p cardboard sleeve packaging.

You're best bet, would be the boxset that comes with Ark Of Truth and Continuum.

Comment

Thanks for all your help :-)

Comment

Working...
              X