• Show
Clear All

Sung to the Tune of Particle Man:

Tubular Ship, Tubular Ship
    Tubular Ship hates Pyramid Ship
    They have a fight
    Tubular wins,
    Tubular ship.

This was a really fun episode. Jack Offworld again... his reaction to the Jumper was very O'Neill (NiiiIIICE!). Wayne Brady's very understated First Prime.

"Lower your weapons!"
    "God, I missed going offworld!"

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

This episode felt so very rushed.

The Spuds goal vs. Mancs.....remember it's Old Trafford, Red Nose always gets his way there if it isn't Shrek diving or Horseface gallivanting around like a lunatic there is always something to talk about.

Laughable decision, utterly laughable. That linesman should be sacked.

Back on topic....

Maybe this has been asked before, but when did Maybourne learn Ancient?

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
      One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
      One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
      Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
      Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
      Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancients Rising
        Evening classes.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancients Rising
          This episode felt so very rushed.

The Spuds goal vs. Mancs.....remember it's Old Trafford, Red Nose always gets his way there if it isn't Shrek diving or Horseface gallivanting around like a lunatic there is always something to talk about.

Laughable decision, utterly laughable. That linesman should be sacked.

Back on topic....

given that he was part of the NID. he prob picked it up while there
          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

magnets taught, how else if they hadnt av we wouldnt have had the cool episode!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Not liking this one at all. Maybourne wasn't maybourne. There was no tension, I mean a SL we've never heard of is coming, oh no! They ruined the humour potential for Aries (i mean they could have least hired the guy from Hercules)

And the humour that was in the episode was flat and not very good. I mena "Jack can't cocentrate LOL!!11!!one!", and Mayborune getting whacked by the Jaffa went he tries to help Teal'c is just stupid

Maybourne despite turnuing over a new leaf does bugger all to help his subjects are take an means to aid them even when they're at staff point.

This entire episode could have worked better if it wasn't Maybourne at all. So then SG-1 would be trying to figire out if the guy was a seer or not and if so how it was possible? (they could actually mention Jonas and 'prophecy'!!) and what should they do if by leaving preventing their own fate and screwing up time.

Then they could remove the puddle jumper all together. Then take out the mothership with two linked shots was stupid anyway. then we can leave Jack at base in true Hammond fashion and actually concentrate on good ol' SG-1 going off the PA1-123 getting in trouble and gwtting out of it again.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                Not liking this one at all. Maybourne wasn't maybourne. There was no tension, I mean a SL we've never heard of is coming, oh no! They ruined the humour potential for Aries (i mean they could have least hired the guy from Hercules)
                They really, really couldn't.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Indeed. Poor Hercules/Xena Ares. May he rest in peace.

I like it. Although, was my mind playing tricks on me or was Maybourne wearing a codpiece?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig But does anyone find it odd that he was surprised at Jack's promotion, but appearantly didn't give a second thought to seeing Daniel alive and well?

Best line: "You are a man of your word."

[CENTER
                    [/CENTER]

I'd have to go back and watch "Paradise Lost", but I don't remember anyone telling Harry that Daniel had died. REmember, when that happened, Harry was already on the run. Where would he get that information? He no longer had an in with the NID, he wasn't friends with Kinsey and the SGC didn't post it on the internet.

There's no reason to assume that he knew and the fact that he didn't show any surprise in the episode would confirm, in a very subtle way, that he didn't have idea about Daniel's ascension and return.

J.
                    "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy

I like it. Although, was my mind playing tricks on me or was Maybourne wearing a codpiece?
                      ROFL, ah, no, your mind does NOT deceive you I noticed that too, about half way thru.
                      Overall, I enjoyed this ep more than I have any other in a long time Finally an ep that reminds me of why I LOVE this show. Off world, Jack for more than 2 sec, Daniel doing some actual translating, Sam figuring out how to make stuff work, Teal'c kicking ass, I miss this stuff!
                      The biggest thing wrong with this ep for me, was that it ended way too soon I'm not saying it was perfect, I could nitpick if I wanted to, but it was leaps and bounds better than most of the first part of s8 (IMHO).
                      I just hope the rest of the season can follow on so well

Comment

Kevin Smith was good actor.
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

*Reads MrProphet's and Shipperahoy's posts*

Aww crap. Inserting foot directly into mouth. Sorry Everyone.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                            given that he was part of the NID. he prob picked it up while there
                            The Ref was part of the NID? Or the Man U manager?

... actually, both would explain a fair bit.

Okay, I'll be sensible now.

I had a fun time watching this one. It felt like classic SG-1, and yet it couldn't just have been lifted from s3 or s4. It had all the team and all with a decent part to play, it had a believable excuse for getting Jack offworld, (offworld yay! yay! yay!) it had Harry, and it had action. Sam got to make decisions, lead the team and assert herself a bit, and then got to say "I think" about the alien tech she was trying to fix (now that's rare). Teal'c had lovely interchanges with Ares' FP (pity he's dead, he was authoritative and measured and a jolly good FP). Daniel got to peer at inscriptions. Harry has wives .

I was a little uncertain at first; the rest of SG-1 really can't hold their own against Harry like Jack can. If any ep since ZH really needed Jack, this was it. I cheered up when they found the PJ cos it was like a big subtitle came up saying guess who's leaving his desk any minute.

At the end though, why didn't they fly through the gate? They walked. Had they already taken the ship through and then come back?
                            Last edited by Madeleine; 05 January 2005, 02:53 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

was my mind playing tricks on me or was Maybourne wearing a codpiece?
                              He was wearing a codpiece . It was less... eyecatching than the ones in the c16 costume display in Hever Castle , but much rounder

Madeleine

Comment

This was a great episode! My only complaint is the Puddlejumper..."Brotherhood"
                                Spoiler:
                                Okay, so in "Brotherhood" a completely well-kept and functional PJ can be destroyed by a couple pot-shots from a Wraith Dart, but an old PJ with a jury-rigged power grid can withstand fire from a Goa'uld mothership and blow it up with two shots. I'm a little dubious about this one. The only thing I can think of is that this "time traveling PJ" has more advanced weapons/defenses than your average Puddlejumper.

I guess I'm just bitter because Sgt. Markham was killed.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X