It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brassguy
    Episode #13 of SG-1 "It's Good To Be King" was shown in the UK on TUES.

Episode #16 of SG-A "The Brotherhood" was shown in Canada on Monday.

Next monday and tues #17 SGA and #14 SG-1

The ppl from the UK and Canada have seen those episodes and everyone else who is discussing it got them through...alternate means.........read the "do not discuss downloading episodes" threads.

I see that you are from the USA like me. Sci-fi will air episodes #11 of SG-1 and SG-A on Jan 21.

Interesting... I thought that eps were usually shown in the US first. I have no idea why I thought that, but usually the US posters are slapped at for 'spoiling' episodes before they're shown elsewhere. At least, that's been MY experience.

Comment

Was a so so ep. Don't know why everyone is raving about it. I suspect because the rest of season eight has been so bad that anything in comparison looks great.
      Very, very average, I'm afraid.

Comment

It was good in that it wrapped up the whole Maybourne thing. We know he is staying where he is. There will be no more HArry Maybourne I would doubt. Consider the Maybourne thread tied.

I liked the line by Jack "God I miss going offworld!"

The two shots from teh timeship that took out the mothership was .... easy. Lucky for them they hit something vital.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
          Did anybody else immediately think of the RDA Thunk Thread here on Gateworld when O'Neill made his "Who would've *thunk* it" comment?
          I thought that too. I heard him say it but thought "Hmmm where have I heard that before". It didn't click until I came on here.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
            Great ep! For all the same reasons as everybody else.

Did anybody else immediately think of the RDA Thunk Thread here on Gateworld when O'Neill made his "Who would've *thunk* it" comment?

Mmm, wonder if Joe has been sneaking a peek?

Could it be a deliberate reference? I guess it wouldn't be the first time...?
            The first thing I thought was "The Gutter Gals are gonna go crazy" . I thought the same with all the references to ship .

I really enjoyed this episode, it reminded me of the old SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader
              Is it just me, or are the Puddle Jumpers the ugliest damned ships in the galaxy ?

Nope. That's the Prometheus.

Comment

Originally posted by Imzadi
                The first thing I thought was "The Gutter Gals are gonna go crazy" . I thought the same with all the references to ship .

I really enjoyed this episode, it reminded me of the old SG-1
                Yes it was a real stroll down memory lane Especially liked the flowers at the end for some reason.

Maybe they'll tell us in the DVD commentary whether it was an intentional reference

Although...if RDA knows about the gutter gals, that must either be a REALLY REALLY good thing or a REALLY REALLY thing.

Comment

Just saw the ep. It was pretty good; kind of like a season one romp aged to irreverant maturity. From the few publicity photos I saw I was expecting Monty Python-esque shenanigans.

The first time Sam brought her face in close to Maybourne's I was expecting another great Foothold line, especially since she probably wanted to hurt the guy, badly, after what he put her through in PL, but.... Nothin'.... Drat.

I did like the reference to The Grateful Dead The sound for the ep was very bad; what was the welcoming ditty they played for Jack?

Maybourne was not quite there in this ep; his "coming clean" speech was too Disney for my tastes. I'd have liked him to play that part in character - he's smarter and craftier than that. I do appreciate how his time with these people has softened him. His scene with the kids was cute and I couldn't help but compare it with his scene with Ally in Bane. I guess he don't smell so bad, anymore, eh?

I haven't been able to make sense of why the timeship was on the planet, but I've only seen the ep once, with terrible sound, so I'm looking forward to reading your posts on the subject. It made sense, to me, that Jack would have all kinds of trouble making it work but then, when he got going it became easier.

The pulldown controls at the rear of the Puddle Jumper must be a common component in all Ancient tech. Sam had no trouble locating it and got right to work on it, just like Rodney does in Atlantis. Maybe the Antarctic outpost has similar tech that she's worked with? I can't figure out how she knew at a glance which componenet was the time machine. Hopefully, watching it over(and over and over) again will make it all clear to me.

So, for me, all in all, GtbK was another good ep. Season 8 has been batting a thousand, IMO.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

As I read through the posts,there was mention of "Harry" having "Wives"[emphasis on the plural].For some odd reason that made me think of the charachter from the original "Star Trek"series named "Harry Mudd".If I remember correctly,he had a harem too,but I think they were androids or something.
                    I realize I can have stange thoughts,but with both "Harry M's",both a bit of a thorn in the side ......I couldn't help but make a connection.Anybody else see that,or know who I'm talking about?
                    nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                      The sound for the ep was very bad; what was the welcoming ditty they played for Jack?
                      It is the MacGyver theme. Gotta love Jack's reaction when they started playing (if the music was playing during filming) and told them to stop playing because they were disgracing his theme
                      Last edited by KayMan2k; 08 January 2005, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassguy
                        Episode #13 of SG-1 "It's Good To Be King" was shown in the UK on TUES.

Episode #16 of SG-A "The Brotherhood" was shown in Canada on Monday.

Next monday and tues #17 SGA and #14 SG-1

The ppl from the UK and Canada have seen those episodes and everyone else who is discussing it got them through...alternate means.........read the "do not discuss downloading episodes" threads.

I see that you are from the USA like me. Sci-fi will air episodes #11 of SG-1 and SG-A on Jan 21.
                        Bah! I am SOOOOO impatient! Can someone wack me over the head with a staff weapon and wake me up on January 17th please? That'd be FANTASTIC.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Whoa, whoa, whoa... Are you speaking English?

DoS
                          She's speaking perfect English. Serves Spurs right for pinching half of our best players that's what I say.

Ali P

Comment

Spoilers:

We have confirmation that Jack has the Ancient gene, although it was implied by his past use of the technology, we can rule out that the repository of knowledge had anything to do with this ability to use the technology.

We can also judge how closely related Major John Sheppard and General Jack O’Neill to the ancients by their skills with the Puddle Jumpers.

In my opinion Sheppard had an easer time controlling the ship than O’Neill. But this does not mean Sheppard is closer, it just means his thinking process is more in sync. with Ancient technology than O’Neill. This could be due to the fact that Sheppard has an unusual gift for math. When O’Neill concentrated he was able to much better than the other people who were given or were born with the Ancient gene. O'Neill was able to fly the ship and dodge fire and use the weapons system very quickly.

So Sheppard is a natural but so is O’Neill, but Sheppard is more of a natural than O’Neill.

But there is a flaw in my logic if people who are gifted in math or prodigies are better suited to control Ancient technology then why do the scientists who have been given the ancient gene still have a harder time controlling the tech, since most of them are gifted in math or are prodigies.

I think that there are genes that allow the activation of the tech and there are genes for the control of the technology. The control genes are related to specific mental abilities the people and the control genes are just physical markers that the tech check for authorization.

Basically people with both sets of genes are able not only to use Ancient tech but they can control it naturally and only need little or no training.

Those with only the activation gene have a harder time controlling the technology but with training they can make it work but not as smoothly as a natural.
                            "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
                            of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
                            Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
                            because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
                            of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
                            another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Being a scientist and having a gift for math isn't even close to being related. Being a natural at math isn't something you can study, you can to a degree, but most of it is in your own mind.

You can become a scientist, a good one, simply by studying. It's true that many scientists are excellent at math, but many of these are excellent at math simply because they've studied numbers and patterns their whole life.

For example I see Carter as a scientist that doesn't have a gift for math, but makes up for this in her awsome gift for adaptation and thinking outside the box.
                              McKay has a gift for math and also a scientific understanding of math that's greater then most other scientists. However McKay isn't as adapable and he isn't as good at thinking outside the box as Carter is. This has changed some when he's forced to relying on himself, and himself only at Atlantis.

Comment

your right, did not think about that
                                "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
                                of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
                                Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
                                because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
                                of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
                                another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Working...
                                X