It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackDaniels

But the best part of this episode had to be Jack, being off world. And the fact that he still wasn't in the episode as much was (and has been getting this way for some time) less obvious. I loved the little serenade he got when he came through the gate (didi anyone else think it sounded like "Just can't wait to be King" from the Lion King?"). He even admitted that he missed it and seemed very happy with his P-90!
    I thinking could of been the theme from MacGyver

Comment

AWESOME CROSSOVER STUFF

If your a Canadian viewer you know from "Before I Sleep" that this is Janus' timeship who rebuilt it after returning to earth which would explain why the ship is in the Milky Way Galaxy and not Pegasus

Weir is gonna be happy to learn about Janus' timeship.

Anyone else pick up on this?? Cuz new Atlantis episodes are only airing in Canada right now at least up till Brotherhood...?
      Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
      - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
      - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
      Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
      Mayboune: *shrugs*
      - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Ancients Rising
        This episode felt so very rushed.

The Spuds goal vs. Mancs.....remember it's Old Trafford, Red Nose always gets his way there if it isn't Shrek diving or Horseface gallivanting around like a lunatic there is always something to talk about.

Laughable decision, utterly laughable. That linesman should be sacked.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Are you speaking English?

DoS

Comment

Do it! Do it!
          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Is it just me, or are the Puddle Jumpers the ugliest damned ships in the galaxy ?

I mean, look at all the other ancient tech, and then look at a PJ. It's like ALL the designers took a day off when they designed that thing .....

Ugh ....

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader
              Is it just me, or are the Puddle Jumpers the ugliest damned ships in the galaxy ?

I mean, look at all the other ancient tech, and then look at a PJ. It's like ALL the designers took a day off when they designed that thing .....

Ugh ....
              It's just you.

Now, I'll try to explain the time travel thing, as it is (as always) very confusing.

Basically what happened is an Ancient 10,000 years ago built the time device in the Puddle Jumper and travelled forward to a time after SG-1 defeated Aries (He wasn't there watching SG-1). He then went back several hundred years and wrote down the events on the pillar and left his Puddle Jumper there.

Now, when the Ancient did that he changed everything that happened from then on. Obviously things like the earthquake and the flood were still going to occur, leaving the pillar and PJ couldn't change that. But other things did change, and that's the timeline we see.

In the timeline we didn't get to see Maybourne wouldn't have become king ("There was no specific mention of me") and SG-1 wouldn't have got the PJ. Fighting off Aries probably would have been a lot more difficult.

I hope you can all understand that

Now some spoilers for Before I Sleep and Mobius
              Spoiler:
              We know this is how time travel works with the Time Jumper. Weir going back in BIS created a new timeline where the power in Atlantis lasts a bit longer and the failsafe saves the city. SG-1 going back in Mobius changes the timeline to whatever we get to see in Mobius Part 2. And the Ancient here (most likely Janus) changed the planet by telling them what would happen. (Perhaps an experiment to see the effects of time travel? He observes their history, takes note and then checks what happens after leaving the pillar there)

Comment

Oh no .....

Can the moderators please shut down all threads that involve time travel "explanations" and "theories" ?
                There are so many, and they get rediculously stupid (not saying the previous post was stupid btw).

Leave the time travel discussion to theoretical physicist's, and accept the fact that Stargate is science FICTION, not FATC.

Thank you, and goodnight.

Comment

Ummmm... possibly a stupid question: How is everyone 'reviewing' and 'rating' this episode, when it hasn't aired yet? At least, it hasn't aired in MY reality. Is everyone in an alternate universe, or did you time-travel in order to see it?

Comment

Ugh ....
                    It may just be you. I love the Jumpers. I think they look stylish and cool.

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                      Ummmm... possibly a stupid question: How is everyone 'reviewing' and 'rating' this episode, when it hasn't aired yet? At least, it hasn't aired in MY reality. Is everyone in an alternate universe, or did you time-travel in order to see it?
                      Episode #13 of SG-1 "It's Good To Be King" was shown in the UK on TUES.

Episode #16 of SG-A "The Brotherhood" was shown in Canada on Monday.

Next monday and tues #17 SGA and #14 SG-1

The ppl from the UK and Canada have seen those episodes and everyone else who is discussing it got them through...alternate means.........read the "do not discuss downloading episodes" threads.

I see that you are from the USA like me. Sci-fi will air episodes #11 of SG-1 and SG-A on Jan 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        At the end though, why didn't they fly through the gate? They walked. Had they already taken the ship through and then come back?
                        The PJ is too big to fit in the Gateroom at the SGC. Or the Alpha Site, for that matter. They'll have to find some where else to hide it, or at least modify one of said locations to bring the ship in. Hmm...maybe they turn the SGC's gate onto it's back and open the overhead shaft. Just fly the thing straight up and out to Area 51.

a time to mourn

Comment

Ugh ....
                          They look fine to me. Besides, puddle jumpers are essentially shuttle craft and most such transports are designed for short-ranged flights, hauling cargo and meant to fit inside small spaces. They're not intended as fighter craft.
                          To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

This episode is on tonight in Australia. Looking forward to it. i just hope there are no Atlantis references in it otherwise they will be cut from the show here.

Comment

Great ep! For all the same reasons as everybody else.

Did anybody else immediately think of the RDA Thunk Thread here on Gateworld when O'Neill made his "Who would've *thunk* it" comment?

Mmm, wonder if Joe has been sneaking a peek?

Could it be a deliberate reference? I guess it wouldn't be the first time...?

Comment

Ugh ....

Uglier than the Promethius? Nah.

Comment

Working...
                                X