It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, back off-world.

Much of this episode feels like the good old days of SG-1 going on an adventure on a planet, to save the day from the Goa'uld or at least make sure the people remain free from their reign and terror.

Yes, it's about making sure Harry Maybourne doesn't fall into the hands of the Goa'uld, but he's not doing so bad for himself and he's got an Ancient present for them with the timetravel ship just hanging around the forest.

I LOVE PUDDLEJUMPERS!!

Anyway... in comes Jack, who clearly needs to get out more. Sitting in the office all day takes its toll, but back in the field... that's the action he's been missing. And he gets to fly a jumper and destroy Lord Ares' ship with just 2 drones -- nice aim.

After that doozy of a Gemini episode, this is a regreshing story and I enjoyed it very much. Excellent work.

How would you rate SG-1's "It's Good To Be King"?

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It would have been nice to learn who has taken written the notes. Janus? Moebius SG-1? Before I sleep Zelenka and Sheppard? They haven't left Chulak / Earth / Atlantis, so the last two options would be a bit forced. Maybe a new group of heroes from a future spinoff? We will never find it out.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        It would have been nice to learn who has taken written the notes. Janus? Moebius SG-1? Before I sleep Zelenka and Sheppard? They haven't left Chulak / Earth / Atlantis, so the last two options would be a bit forced. Maybe a new group of heroes from a future spinoff? We will never find it out.
        "Before I Sleep" told us that Janus planned to try to build another jumper when he got to Earth:

WEIR: You're gonna build another time ship.

JANUS: Doubt I'll succeed, seeing that the Council will be watching my every move.

WEIR: I'm sure you'll find a way.

Obviously he succeeded since the one Zelenka and Sheppard piloted was destroyed and they died after using it once, so the one in "It's Good To Be King" was a second time travel jumper. It also couldn't have been the Moebius Sg-1 since they used the second jumper to travel back in time after Mayborne found it and time travel in Stargate has not allowed for the existence of predestined objects since they retconned how time travel worked following "1969." Janus is the most likely pilot and note taker, but it could have been an assistant or some other Ancient who carried on/took over his work since he wasn't named in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          To be fair, I thought it was Janus this time but that's with the knowledge of the Atlantis episodes in mind.

Comment

Time for the quiz and jigsaw puzzle:

3-episode quiz: Gemini, It's Good To Be King & Full Alert

Jigsaw puzzle: It's Good To Be King

Comment

1:55. Only a small one this time, you going to build up slowly to your usual standards?
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                1:55. Only a small one this time, you going to build up slowly to your usual standards?
                You can thank the Gateworld promotional image galary for this one. It didn't have any high res images big enough for a larger puzzle.

Usually, I try to keep them at 77 pieces.

Except for those 2 in season 1 -- probably never going to make them that hard ever again.

Comment

Amen to that
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I miss going off world too. Anyone who knows me, that I dislike S8 and a big reason I dislike S8 is that we don't leave Earth. This episode is a rare gem because we get a lot of the old stuff of fighting the Goauld and interaction with a strange technology and culture. Plus the last interaction with Maybourne. I do find the wives bit hilarious.

Its a good with 33 seconds
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Its a good with 33 seconds

I clock in at 1:18.

Comment

Finally, exploration of new planet. I missed it really much
                        And finally again Maybourne.It is funny how hated he was at the beginning of the series and now I like to see him
                        Another Finally- we saw Jack in action. So refreshing and showed me how much I miss HIM I think I didn't appreciate sufficiently earlier series until I saw later ones.
                        Ancient's ship was a good catch, but it was not probable that Jack would destroy whole ship with one or two shots. It was a bit too much for me

Comment

Working...
                        X