No announcement yet.

It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now this is more like it. for the first time in season 8, the episode entitled "its good to be the king" really feels like the sg-1 of old once again. most of this season has felt really alien to me up until this point but this episode brought back some of the joy of watching sg-1 once again. most of this is probably attributed to the fact that for the first time in this season, o'neill actually has a scene that isnt at sgc. in fact, for much of the episode, he is actually on a off world mission with the rest of the gang. whats even more hilarious is when at one point he says, "god i miss going off world!" after an encounter with overzealous townspeople with crossbows. this is the best episode ive seen in this season so far and it really says something when its the first episode of the season where o'neill actually goes off world. add onto that wayne brady's bizarre appearance as trelak and it just tops it all off as the best episode of the season yet. cant wait to see what the rest of the season has to offer.

Comment

I hate to get technical, but this is O'Neill's second episode off world. You're forgetting "New Order, Part 2," but granted... that was before his promotion. Anyway, if you love this episode, you're going to love "Moebius!"

Comment

yes, my mistake, i meant it was his first off world appearance since new order.

Comment

It's not the last time he goes off world either.

Comment

Love it! Anything to do with time travel or a hint thereof is good IMHO. Maybourne is funny, good conflict.
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

This was a fun episode.

Maybourne was nice to us again (the character has developed so much).
              SG-1 (+Jack) has taken out another Goa'uld System Lord. I forget what the tally is running at.
              Whenever I see Wayne Brady, I see Comedic actor, not a drama actor.

I realized something watching this episode. If you watch this episode without seeing any episode of Atlantis, the Jumper looks like a mysterious Ancient ship.

Tomorrow, Kinsey's back.
              sigpic

Comment

Another favourite episode of the season and more Jack in it, always a good thing.

"God, I miss goin' offworld! Oh, yeah!" Jack cries happily even as he and Sam are in a standoff with some of Maybourne's angry subjects.

A humbled and likeable Maybourne, who'd have thought it?! The journey Maybourne has travelled as loveable rogue has been totally enjoyable. His interactions with Jack just worked so well. I just loved Jack's jaw dropping on seeing that the people he thought Maybourne was deceiving for his own gain again genuinely liked him and respected him as a good leader. This was a wonderful close to the Maybourne arc, he's happy and really a good guy at heart.

Always love seeing Jack using the abilities the Ancient gene gives him. It's interesting how here he embraced it and came to help rather than trying to play it down and leave it to others. At this point it was known that there was a genetic ability in some people after the likes of Sheppard and Beckett had used the chair in Antarctica as well as Jack.

Comment

It's so great to see Jack off world with the team. And even better to see him and Maybourne together.

Our first look at a puddle jumper (assuming you haven't seen Atlantis of course) it will be used again later in the series.

That ends another system lord. The Ha'tak was destroyed way to easily.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yea it was.. though do you think that shows drones are potent, or was it cause jack knew where to hit it...?

Comment

I think he just got lucky
                      sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Yay! More Maybourne. Always scheming away, working a few angles. I had just as much fun on a Rewatch as the first time - although it lacked the "Oh no, its Maybourne again" feeling of the first time I saw it

The interplay with Jack and Maybourne was so well done - the timing and delivery is perfect. Classic!

Comment

Finally! An episode that actually goes off world and features the team. The fact that they did actually wind up using Jack in this episode leads me to believe that the writers were afraid to make an SG1 without O'Neill and is why I really dislike this season. Because of the Jack crutch we never really saw SG-1 in S8. As for the episode itself I like it. Unlike Paradise Lost I really like the Jack and Maybourne interaction. They really do work well off another. I especially like Jack's reaction at the end of the episode to the discovery that Maybourne has wives. The whole Ancient ship's impact is kind of diminished if you haven't seen Atlantis. The whole mystery of the ship and how the Ancients mastered timeline is clueless if you haven't seen the other show but its still easily followed if you haven't seen the show. I love Wayne Brady so I loved seeing him interact in the show even if its radically different from roles he has done in the past.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Another ep of SG1...

1. Well this was the first appearance of a Puddle Jumper in SG1 and it was a bit of a laugh seeing our old crew struggling to deal with something that was the bread and butter of the newer show.

2. Wasn't the ditty meant to be the McGuyvver themetune or something?

3. Maybourne creating a legal system!

4. "You are a man of your word" "Indeed".

An improvement on the last ep.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Enjoyed seeing Maybourne again. And the puddle jumper. It was a good episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X