No announcement yet.

It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Catalase][QUOTE=TheWarrior]1: An Ancient uses the Puddle Jumper to go forward in time – 2005 when the Goa’uld arrive and SG-1 the travellers arrive to defeat the Goa’uld.

2: The only way SG-1 could defeat the Goa’uld is with the Puddle Jumper, which means then the Ancient would not be able to go back in time to write down the events.

3: But then if the Ancient didn’t go back in time to write down the events how were the events written on the ruins?
    1. An ancient uses the Jumper to view the defeat of the Goa'uld by SG-1, using the time ship.
    2. The ancient goes off through time and does whatever.
    3. At some point the ancient goes back in time to the planet and leaves his ship there, so that SG-1 can find it and fulfil the events he saw eariler.

That's my theory.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, although to watch the defeat of the Ha'Tak, and not be detected by the sensors on Jack/Sams version, it would have to be cloaked, though I would assume the Ancients would be able to detect their own cloaking devices (though then again, that probably defeats the purpose).

But, overall I thought that was a great episode, best in a long time. What puzzled me was why they didn't send an army or at least substantial reinforcements and equipment so secure the timeship, seeing as how it's one of the biggest discoveries since the Antarctic base.

Comment

Time travel is still confusing - cuz if SG-1 took the only time travelling Puddle Jumper he can't travel back to write the info on the ruins.

Be good to see if the writers could explain this one.

Comment

The episode was good. I just hope they will be able to get it to a better stage, once they got a message from Atlantis.
        "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
          If I remember what Daniel said:

He said that the Ancients or Ancient went forward in time to a time when the planet was hit by an Earthquake – a flood and then when the evil gods came back and travellers from another world defeated them.

Well if the Ancient went forward in time to that event – then this Ancient must have been on the planet when SG-1 were there then defeating the enemy. But – here is where it may get confusing for myself or you – if this Ancient used the time device in the Jumper to get to the future and is on the planet when SG-1 are on fighting the Goa’uld – how did the Ancient go back in time to write down the event if SG-1 stole the Puddle Jumper!

So basically – was there an Ancient on that planet?

1: An Ancient uses the Puddle Jumper to go forward in time – 2005 when the Goa’uld arrive and SG-1 the travellers arrive to defeat the Goa’uld.

2: The only way SG-1 could defeat the Goa’uld is with the Puddle Jumper, which means then the Ancient would not be able to go back in time to write down the events.

3: But then if the Ancient didn’t go back in time to write down the events how were the events written on the ruins?

See, now I am confused. Have a go yourself in working this one out. I look forward to your ideas.

his time line is dfferent. Ancient uses PJ to se SG-1 then goes back writes down what he saw, leaves the PJ there. Fast foward to 2005, PJ still there SG-1 uses it. The ancient is watching from the PJ of the past not the present.

think of it this way- time is linear. so here u need 3 points. A= ancient takes the ship, B = ancient return the ship, c= sg1 uses the ship.

A happens first. takes the ship to C. but then returns the ship to point B. Since point B is before C. the ship is still there. If the anicent took the ship and left it in the future, it wouldnt be there but since he left it in the past it is there. so long as the ancient returns the ship anytime before point C, the ship will be there.
          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Ok that has cleaned it up abit more - but its interesting and the writers must have sat down for a while to work this out so they don't make a mistake and caught out.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
              <snip>

And why aren't you watching Atlantis?
              LOL! I know it may seem strange, but my reasons probably are better explained in another thread.

To answer your question, only SOME Ancient technology requires the presence of the gene. Atlantis' basic systems came online when it detected the presence of people but certain equipment only responded to persons with the gene.
              Thank you. So from your Atlantis watching, this is how the puddle jumpers react to human presence?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                his time line is dfferent. Ancient uses PJ to se SG-1 then goes back writes down what he saw, leaves the PJ there. Fast foward to 2005, PJ still there SG-1 uses it. The ancient is watching from the PJ of the past not the present.

think of it this way- time is linear. so here u need 3 points. A= ancient takes the ship, B = ancient return the ship, c= sg1 uses the ship.

A happens first. takes the ship to C. but then returns the ship to point B. Since point B is before C. the ship is still there. If the anicent took the ship and left it in the future, it wouldnt be there but since he left it in the past it is there. so long as the ancient returns the ship anytime before point C, the ship will be there.
                I would add that since he saw SG-1 with his PJ then he knew he had to leave it on that planet before point C for point C to happen at all. He could have made the choice not to leave the PJ at all and then point C wouldn't have happened like "2010". I guess the Ancient approved of the usage of his PJ.

Token ~

Comment

Dude... I am so excited about these three eps, I don't even know what to do with myself. Thanks for all of the summaries, guys! Very cool!

... Now all I have to do is wait for Suzanne to put the transcript up on her site. Mwahahaha!

When it comes to putting together arcs, it seems like TPTB have done a great job in leaving pretty much nothing to chance for Moebius. They've pretty much been leading us to this point since the beginning of the season, which I think is a first. Some of this arc was even established in the "infamous" seventh season - a season, which I will heartily admit that I liked. Alot. Ever since Jack made that weapon in New Order, Sam was replicated, and Baal became really powerful, they've been leading up to this point, and I am very, very, very, VERY excited.

Pictures anyone?

Comment

wow this episode rocked, and that shot of the mothership near the middle of the episode made it looked so awesome so did the scene with that and the timeship
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Cool ep Nice to see Harry again, and there was quite a bit of O'Neill in this episode which is usually a good thing

Comment

This was a really great episode, I read the description of it a few weeks ago but until I saw it I had completely forgotten this was the episode where they find the timeship.

Also, if the time travelling in this episode made your head hurt, they dont watch the Atlantis episode 'Before I Sleep' as that will make your head explode lol

Comment

Warning! May contain small objects hazardous to children under 3 as well as spoilers for the Atlantis episode 'Before I Sleep'.

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                          of 'It's Good To Be King'

Nice! This was actually the most enjoyable SG-1 has been in a while, in my... cough, cough ..."humble" opinion. But how can an (off-world!) episode featuring good old Maybourne (Yeah... "good old".), a puddle-jumper-turned-time-ship, a Goa'uld invasion and Jack actually going off-world and playing a significant part not be enjoyable? Okay, I suppose it is theoretically possible, but this was good anyway.

Also, this really felt like SG-1. That's not a sure thing with any SG-1 episode these days. 'Prometheus Unbound', for instance, felt to me like it was taken straight out of some whole other series. It didn't suck or anything, but it's nice to see the show I fell in love with every now and again, even in its 8th season.

Now, then. The puddle jumper makes its debut on SG-1, although it's never referred to as a "puddle jumper" as it is on Atlantis. I wonder if next time we see it, SG-1 will have had contact with the Atlantis team and will know what to call it? (Interesting side note: Appearantly, it's significantly more difficult for Jack to control the ship than it is for Sheppard. Also; dialogue confirms that Jack has the Ancient gene. But we already knew that, didn't we? )Also, it obviously appears Janus was succesfull in creating a new time ship after returning to the Milky Way. The "time device" plug-in was the same as in 'Before I Sleep'... wasn't it?

In other news: It appears we still have some contact with the Tok'ra, at least to the extent that they keep us in the loop on the important stuff. We get a nice rundown of which System Lords have been killed off lately, and who are likely to get killed. I was sort of relieved that Maybourne didn't strike a deal with any of them, the way early spoilers led me to believe. He was obviously just stalling for time with the First Prime guy, fully believing that SG-1 would defeat the baddies. But does anyone find it odd that he was surprised at Jack's promotion, but appearantly didn't give a second thought to seeing Daniel alive and well?

Best line: "You are a man of your word."

Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

did he say "they're torturing that ditty"?

rofl
                            Last edited by darman; 09 January 2005, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              Thank you. So from your Atlantis watching, this is how the puddle jumpers react to human presence?
                              I hope it's not too big a spoiler since this thread is for SG-1 (and PJs were introduced in the Atlantis pilot), but yes, that's pretty much how PJs react.
                              To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by darman
                                did he say "they're torturing that diddy"?

rofl
                                I believe the word he used was "ditty".
                                To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Working...
                                X