It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
    Well, this pretty much does it. Whether they have any GJofD left or not, the Goa'uld are now officially a big, honkin' joke.

Poor, bloody Goa'uld.
    Did you miss Lost City or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
      Did you miss Lost City or something?
      End of season, swarms of missiles, sweeping waves of death. That's one thing.

Middish season, two missiles. Different story.

There were way more than two GJofD per ha'tak in The Lost City.

But on a more general note, yes I did and really the whole business should have ended there. At that point, the Goa'uld ceased to be a credible threat. Season 8 should have seen a new enemy rise, be it Anubis' new gambit from beyond the grave or the next evolution of Fifth's Replicators, the Goa'uld...just a bit sad really.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
        End of season, swarms of missiles, sweeping waves of death. That's one thing.

Middish season, two missiles. Different story.

There were way more than two GJofD per ha'tak in The Lost City.

But on a more general note, yes I did and really the whole business should have ended there. At that point, the Goa'uld ceased to be a credible threat. Season 8 should have seen a new enemy rise, be it Anubis' new gambit from beyond the grave or the next evolution of Fifth's Replicators, the Goa'uld...just a bit sad really.
        How are they not a threat? We have no way to use the weapons, they're still a huge threat. If Baal wanted he could send his fleet to Earth and destroy us, and we'd only have Prometheus and a squadron of 302s to defend the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
          How are they not a threat? We have no way to use the weapons, they're still a huge threat. If Baal wanted he could send his fleet to Earth and destroy us, and we'd only have Prometheus and a squadron of 302s to defend the planet.
          And an Ancient outpost, for which a ZPM would no doubt show up in the nick of time, assuming the Prommie didn't just waste Ba'al's mothership.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I've rarely felt that the Earth is indeed doomed on SG-1, but usually there's some dramatic tension in the question of how the day will be saved. Low on batteries or not, the weapons to defeat any Goa'uld threat are there now.

Besides, Ba'al's fleet just isn't going to be as powerful as Anubis'. The Goa'uld played their big hand and lost; in the real world, yes they would still be a threat, but dramatically they're completely past it.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

a great episode. team dynamic. Jack offworld. Maybourne. Goa'uld getting blown up. a puddle jumper. a possible time travel device found in the puddle jumper. and anyone who reads spoilers will be able to realise the significance of this episode to the rest of season 8.

whether people liked the first half of season 8 or not (i personally did) the second half is shaping up to be even better, in every respect.
            spook

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
              Wonder when Maybourne learned to speak ancient? And what are they going to about that "special" gene in S9 once Jack is gone? Suddenly realise that Daniel can do all that stuff to from being ascended?

I was in the chat at OurStargate when they were 'talking' the episode and it sounds pretty good. I totally love to hate Maybourne, so that's a big plus right there! Plus again: they're OFF PLANET!!!

<G>

Dana Jeanne
              Daniel was acendended but that turns him not into an ancient. The ancients are a species.Beeing acendeded is a state. And if I understand it right than the ancients included into their technology a device which reads the genetical "fingerprints" of everybody who is trying to use it. And only the ones with the right genes, which are biological descandants of the ancients can use it. The Abydonions are ascended now but that still turns them into members of the ancient race! It has nothing to do how wise or spiritual you are it´s only about if some of your ancestores were ancients or not! So I doubt that Daniel (or Sam or Teal´c) will suddenly able to use the ancient tech.
              I think that BB´s character will be the new one with the ancient genes.
              Last edited by Hathor999; 04 January 2005, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                I loved this ep...more like SG1 - the golden years than what we normally get now - the lemon years...it seems to have been one edsol (sp?) after another this year and last.

This ep was a refreshing change!

WHO'D HAVE THUNK IT!!!!!!!
                That sounds great! It´s nice to hear that season 8 has still such episodes. And not only crap as "PU".

Comment

Always good to see Maybourne and nice to see Jack off world again.

The Jumper blowing up the Ha'tak - very cool!

Great episode!!

Comment

all i gotta say on this episode was nice bloody shot with the ancient missiles. Episode was good better then the replicarter one.

Comment

Ooohhh! What a great episode.
                      It was nice to hear that the Tok'ra are still around, even if we never see them (though we know Carmen's comming back soon so throws a little hint that they're still in contact).
                      Maybourne was great! and i found it nice to see him interacting with the other SG-1 members as opposed to just Jack. Though i do wish he'd mentioned somthing to Daniel about the fact that, as far as he knew, he was dead. But anyway, it was still great, and he really did seem like a nice guy towards the end. To see that he's no longer an ass is a lovely end to his story.
                      I thought it was good using this story to introduce the puddle jumper and the time ship that's onviously going to be used in Moebius. By bringing it in now, it allows a plausible length of time before they use it, instead of finding it one week and using it the next.

But the best part of this episode had to be Jack, being off world. And the fact that he still wasn't in the episode as much was (and has been getting this way for some time) less obvious. I loved the little serenade he got when he came through the gate (didi anyone else think it sounded like "Just can't wait to be King" from the Lion King?"). He even admitted that he missed it and seemed very happy with his P-90!
                      The most noticeable thing about this episode therefore, was how everyone reverted back to their normal roles with Jack there - Jack guns ablazing (human and ancient), Sam her little technological self, Daniel and his translations and naive enthusiasm ("concentrate") and Teal'c as his jaffa warrior self ("I promise you will die quickly"). The only sad point of this was that Teal'c went back to saying very little, like seasons past, and i have to admit I've enjoyed hearing him say more!

Another few little notes and nods to episodes past:

1. Sam and Daniel. When he was discussing his theory on the time ship and she was repeating "I don't think so Daniel" it seemed very reminiscent of 'Children of the Gods' when he was explaining his theory on there being a vast network of stargates.
                      2. That little annoying woman who worshipped Maybourne "Surrender your weapons or die" - so a little nod to Herak (circa Full Circle)
                      3. Sam's face when Maybourne said "wives" - very 'Emancipation'
                      4. Also, it bugged me a little that Maybourne had been able to read ancient, but thinking back to Paradise lost, he said he's been able to translate something that was in an ancient dialect (i think) so hopefully this has solved my dilemma)

It would have been nice to see Ares, or to see them take the puddle jumper through the gate. You know Jack would've enjoyed that.

All in all a great episode. I loved having the team back together an doing what they do best, and also giving us some links already to the finale (which, sob, isn't that far away!)

Gonna watch it again now!

Comment

I loved that episode because it was completely off world with Jack too and his dark sunglasses on ...The whole team was great ..Love Sam in there too ..she was a great help to Jack ..Jack was smiling a bit more but still grumpy old Jack He did manage to blow up the mothership and Carter gave him a really big smile to congratulate him for his first mission off world after such a long time .
                        Daniel was used properly with his knowledge of the ancient language
                        Maybourne was great although not as great as before but at least he was more sensible and had a bit more heart ..I suppose living with the locals taught him a few things .

I loved all the scenes in that episode really ..very entertaining

Caty

Comment

After watching it again. I had to add one little thing. Maybourne's best line:

"Glad tidings of comfort and joy... comfort and joy!"

classic!

Comment

Excellent episode. Great having Maybourne back and it nice that Harry has changed from when we first saw him in 'Enigma'. Had a team feel to this episode which has been missing for too long.

The Mothership shot we saw, was that the same clip from the opening of Exodus?

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. I loved it when Sam stopped Daniel from touching the machine. lol.

When Sam and Teal'c entered the puddle jumper, it started activating. I thought the Ancient technology only activated when the Ancient gene was introduced. Am I wrong? We know that Teal'c doesn't have the gene. Does Sam? Because that was my first reaction when I saw the puddle jumper's lights come on, am I missing something? I don't really watch Atlantis but I do know the city didn't activate until the presence of the Ancient gene.

Token ~

Comment

The ref was blind! Spurs scored, and the ball was six feet over the line, and the goal wasn't given Flippin' Man U.

Erm, was I watching the wrong channel again?

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X