Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant Hathor999's Avatar

Default Re: It's Good To Be King

Quote Originally Posted by Dana_Jeanne
    Wonder when Maybourne learned to speak ancient? And what are they going to about that "special" gene in S9 once Jack is gone? Suddenly realise that Daniel can do all that stuff to from being ascended?

I was in the chat at OurStargate when they were 'talking' the episode and it sounds pretty good. I totally love to hate Maybourne, so that's a big plus right there! Plus again: they're OFF PLANET!!!

<G>

Dana Jeanne
    Daniel was acendended but that turns him not into an ancient. The ancients are a species.Beeing acendeded is a state. And if I understand it right than the ancients included into their technology a device which reads the genetical "fingerprints" of everybody who is trying to use it. And only the ones with the right genes, which are biological descandants of the ancients can use it. The Abydonions are ascended now but that still turns them into members of the ancient race! It has nothing to do how wise or spiritual you are itīs only about if some of your ancestores were ancients or not! So I doubt that Daniel (or Sam or Tealīc) will suddenly able to use the ancient tech.
    I think that BBīs character will be the new one with the ancient genes.
    Last edited by Hathor999; January 4th, 2005 at 01:35 PM.

Chief Master Sergeant Hathor999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sueKay
    I loved this ep...more like SG1 - the golden years than what we normally get now - the lemon years...it seems to have been one edsol (sp?) after another this year and last.

This ep was a refreshing change!

WHO'D HAVE THUNK IT!!!!!!!
    That sounds great! Itīs nice to hear that season 8 has still such episodes. And not only crap as "PU".

Always good to see Maybourne and nice to see Jack off world again.

The Jumper blowing up the Ha'tak - very cool!

Great episode!!

Airman

all i gotta say on this episode was nice bloody shot with the ancient missiles. Episode was good better then the replicarter one.

Ooohhh! What a great episode.
    It was nice to hear that the Tok'ra are still around, even if we never see them (though we know Carmen's comming back soon so throws a little hint that they're still in contact).
    Maybourne was great! and i found it nice to see him interacting with the other SG-1 members as opposed to just Jack. Though i do wish he'd mentioned somthing to Daniel about the fact that, as far as he knew, he was dead. But anyway, it was still great, and he really did seem like a nice guy towards the end. To see that he's no longer an ass is a lovely end to his story.
    I thought it was good using this story to introduce the puddle jumper and the time ship that's onviously going to be used in Moebius. By bringing it in now, it allows a plausible length of time before they use it, instead of finding it one week and using it the next.

But the best part of this episode had to be Jack, being off world. And the fact that he still wasn't in the episode as much was (and has been getting this way for some time) less obvious. I loved the little serenade he got when he came through the gate (didi anyone else think it sounded like "Just can't wait to be King" from the Lion King?"). He even admitted that he missed it and seemed very happy with his P-90!
    The most noticeable thing about this episode therefore, was how everyone reverted back to their normal roles with Jack there - Jack guns ablazing (human and ancient), Sam her little technological self, Daniel and his translations and naive enthusiasm ("concentrate") and Teal'c as his jaffa warrior self ("I promise you will die quickly"). The only sad point of this was that Teal'c went back to saying very little, like seasons past, and i have to admit I've enjoyed hearing him say more!

Another few little notes and nods to episodes past:

1. Sam and Daniel. When he was discussing his theory on the time ship and she was repeating "I don't think so Daniel" it seemed very reminiscent of 'Children of the Gods' when he was explaining his theory on there being a vast network of stargates.
    2. That little annoying woman who worshipped Maybourne "Surrender your weapons or die" - so a little nod to Herak (circa Full Circle)
    3. Sam's face when Maybourne said "wives" - very 'Emancipation'
    4. Also, it bugged me a little that Maybourne had been able to read ancient, but thinking back to Paradise lost, he said he's been able to translate something that was in an ancient dialect (i think) so hopefully this has solved my dilemma)

It would have been nice to see Ares, or to see them take the puddle jumper through the gate. You know Jack would've enjoyed that.

All in all a great episode. I loved having the team back together an doing what they do best, and also giving us some links already to the finale (which, sob, isn't that far away!)

Gonna watch it again now!

I loved that episode because it was completely off world with Jack too and his dark sunglasses on ...The whole team was great ..Love Sam in there too ..she was a great help to Jack ..Jack was smiling a bit more but still grumpy old Jack He did manage to blow up the mothership and Carter gave him a really big smile to congratulate him for his first mission off world after such a long time .
    Daniel was used properly with his knowledge of the ancient language
    Maybourne was great although not as great as before but at least he was more sensible and had a bit more heart ..I suppose living with the locals taught him a few things .

I loved all the scenes in that episode really ..very entertaining

Caty

After watching it again. I had to add one little thing. Maybourne's best line:

"Glad tidings of comfort and joy... comfort and joy!"

classic!

Excellent episode. Great having Maybourne back and it nice that Harry has changed from when we first saw him in 'Enigma'. Had a team feel to this episode which has been missing for too long.

The Mothership shot we saw, was that the same clip from the opening of Exodus?

I enjoyed the episode. I loved it when Sam stopped Daniel from touching the machine. lol.

When Sam and Teal'c entered the puddle jumper, it started activating. I thought the Ancient technology only activated when the Ancient gene was introduced. Am I wrong? We know that Teal'c doesn't have the gene. Does Sam? Because that was my first reaction when I saw the puddle jumper's lights come on, am I missing something? I don't really watch Atlantis but I do know the city didn't activate until the presence of the Ancient gene.

Token ~

The ref was blind! Spurs scored, and the ball was six feet over the line, and the goal wasn't given Flippin' Man U.

Erm, was I watching the wrong channel again?

Madeleine

I have to admit that this was one of the best episodes I haven't seen in a long time. Can't wait for more. Can't say that the next few episodes look that good. And what about the end. Anyone?

Oh yeah.....Should we expect more Cameo's? Got say that it just means that Sg-1 is more popular than some of you thought.

That was a fantastic episodes. More episodes like that and I won't have to spend money on that hypnotist to wipe Season 7 from my mind 'cause with this kind've ep I just forgot Season 7 happened!

It hit all the right buttons for me, and then added a Puddle Jumper. What could be better? It was SG-1 Old Skool, something that's been missing since the end of Homecoming.

I think, and I stress think, that the writers have finally gotten a handle on how to use RDA's schedual. This Season has been far superior to Season 7 in almost every way, and they don't seem to be fumbling about looking for reasons why Jack can't be there and reasons why certain cast members aren't as prominent due to the filming of multiple episodes at once (exception being Covenant, where Teal'c should've been 'off world' for the episode because his miniscule role was just embarassing and made it look like the writers were trying to fit him in somewhere).

We didn't have Daniel being a gun-toting super-commando, we had him being his usual self, and getting his ass kicked in HTH combat by a Jaffa (and not winning - he had to be saved). We had Teal'c fighting, JACK FIGHTING, Sam doing her techno-stuff. Maybourne!

And a Puddle Jumper. I think all Stargate episodes should have Puddle Jumpers in them!

Question is, did they take the PJ with them before they left? Were they coming back? And where would it go once it got him? Or would they just sent it to the Alpha Site straight off?

I really enjoyed that episode. Next week is Kinsey and Chekov ey? Well, onwards and upwards!

BYE
    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Now wasn't this just a cool episode? I wouldn't say it was the best, but certainly not the worst.

The comedy from Jack to Maybourne, and from Maybourne to Trelak (or something). But I think the effect of how powerful the Gou'ald there was somewhat a lot different, because there was a lot of mocking between everyone. Perhaps because of SG-1 being there, maybe now.

I liked how SG-1 walked into the village to see Maybourne treated like royalty, or being King of the village. I couldn't help but laugh.

The final scenes of the episode were really cool with the flowers and wives stuff. Had me laughing. Gives a lot of hope for the remainder of the season.

Favourite scene : The fight between Teal'c and Trelak;

Trelak : "You are a man of your word".
    Teal'c : "Indeed". *stabs Trelak in chest*

And then he just walks away like nothing happened.

Staff Sergeant

In my opinion this is the best episode this season. It was cool to see the little puddle jumper decimate a mother ship like that.

i enjoyed it cause its sg1 but i think we all can agree the writers have fully committed to sga.. 2 ancient missles destroy a monther ship.. rda held this episode together.. i mean i dunno they need to end this season quick and hopefully they will start fresh on season 9 with the new cast golden days im afraid are gone..

An Offworld mission - An Offworld mission!!!!
    A Team mission - A Team mission!!!!

Haven't seen one of these in ages - and as many people pointed out, it felt like the old days.

I had high hopes for this episode and it didn't disapoint me, here are my thoughts:

Good:
    - Nice to see Maybourne in again, he grew on me and good to see him interact more with SG-1. Did anyone notice thoe that Teal'c didn't seem to keen to speak to him - does he still hold a grudge against the incident in season 2? As someone else mentioned - Maybourne asks where Jack is but doesn't mention Daniel is back in living form etc.

- Daniel doing a small piece of his usual work - translating writing.
    - Teal'c fighting and doing what he does best
    - Carter doing what she does best and try to make something work.
    - Jack doing what he does best - kill Jaffa.

- Loved the scene when Jack comes through with the music playing!
    - Why didn't Jack zat the Jaffa twice as it would have been more silent and not led the rest of the Jaffa to the Puddle Jumper.

Nitpicks:
    - I thought the Puddle Jumper and ruins where a long way from the town - so how can Jack's Tauri weapon noise be heard all the way back in the village - true wind direction but still bit odd.

- Why did Daniel and Teal'c try and leave the city - I know they might have thought Jack needed help but it was obvious that anyone leaving the town might be a member of the Tauri.

- Can Jaffa read Ancient text now - as the Jaffa viewed the writing and sent the rest of the Jaffa out to search the area like he knew there was a ship around!

Overall a Good Episode - and good to see the Puddle Jumper in the SG-1 galaxy. Spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Apparently this Puddle Jumper is the one Dr. Weir used in "Before I Sleep" if I read Gateworld correct.

I think the reason the Puddle Jumper's two glowing jellyfish destroyed the Hatak with great ease was Ares does not have the same shields Anubis has on his motherships. So all the jellyfish of doom that were fired at Anubis in "The Lost City" were needed as Anubis has powerful shields.

I have also thought of something about this episode that needs me to write down in Word to make it quite easy to understand and I will post it - it is regarding time - travel Ancient etc - so look forward to that!

Second Lieutenant Buzz Lightyear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIngChavez
    Why didn't the mothership have shields? If the puddle jumper has such advanced weapons, why don't the Asgard repelicate a few and wipe out the Gou'ald?
    Either the mothership may not have activated shields thinking the little puddle jumper no threat or the Ancient missiles easily penetrated the shields just like in "Lost City".

As for replicating the weapons, even the Asgard have a hard time understanding Ancient technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar
    The only other thing I would have liked would have been a little bit of sparkage between Sam and Jack when it came to relinquishing her command to him. I would have liked it if they'd given the same order at the same time or something, I know challenging her COs authority isn't really in character for Sam but still, a little something like that would have been nice, just to let us see how she's grown into her command.
    This is a spoiler thread. No need to hide "spoiler" information.

Sam did not need to relinquish anything. It's called "chain of command". Jack's her commanding officer so whenever he's around, she would naturally defer to him. Besides, neither Daniel nor Teal'c are your typical subordinates; they're more like colleagues than underlings. It there had been another SG team there, led by a major or lower rank, then we might have seen Sam issuing orders regarding reconnaissance and troop deployment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana_Jeanne
    Wonder when Maybourne learned to speak ancient? And what are they going to about that "special" gene in S9 once Jack is gone? Suddenly realise that Daniel can do all that stuff to from being ascended?
    One doesn't have to speak a language to be able to read it. I'm sure there are many people in the SGC who can read Ancient. It's just a matter of setting aside the time to study the language. Also, I'm sure not all the people with the Ancient gene went to Atlantis because they'd want to have more options than just Jack to operate the Ancient outpost's defenses. However, unless, Daniel got a successful gene injection, I don't think he can operate anything keyed to Ancient DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Token
    When Sam and Teal'c entered the puddle jumper, it started activating. I thought the Ancient technology only activated when the Ancient gene was introduced. Am I wrong? We know that Teal'c doesn't have the gene. Does Sam? Because that was my first reaction when I saw the puddle jumper's lights come on, am I missing something? I don't really watch Atlantis but I do know the city didn't activate until the presence of the Ancient gene.
    And why aren't you watching Atlantis?

To answer your question, only SOME Ancient technology requires the presence of the gene. Atlantis' basic systems came online when it detected the presence of people but certain equipment only responded to persons with the gene.
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Second Lieutenant Buzz Lightyear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    I liked how SG-1 walked into the village to see Maybourne treated like royalty, or being King of the village. I couldn't help but laugh.
    Did anyone else have a sudden impression of the original Star Trek episode, "I, Mudd"? Of course, Harry Maybourne got a better fate than Harry Mudd.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    Favourite scene : The fight between Teal'c and Trelak;

Trelak : "You are a man of your word".
    Teal'c : "Indeed". *stabs Trelak in chest*

And then he just walks away like nothing happened.
    Actually, I think Teal'c may have stabbed Trelek in his symbiote pouch.
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W
    The ref was blind! Spurs scored, and the ball was six feet over the line, and the goal wasn't given Flippin' Man U.

Erm, was I watching the wrong channel again?
    Hey Mrs W I had a look at the goal on MOTD and couldn’t believe it the ref needs to be disciplined by FA.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast