The BS:G 'God'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BS:G 'God'

While many might want to thoroughly tar and feather Ronny for not explaining or revealing or otherwise elaborating further on God and the being behind Head-Six and Head-Baltar, I was thinking that there might be a very appropriate explanation that would only further the 'epic' of it.

I'm liking the idea that the one behind it all is an AI intelligence from long, long, long ago (long before the time of Kobol) that all but destroyed its creators. Before it utterly wiped them out, it came to the realization of what it had done and stopped. Ever since its been working make restitution for its crime and striving to ensure that it does not happen again, hence its meddling.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

I think flying pink elephants did it.

Nah, I don't. I just thought I'd answer a wild, unsupported guess with another wild guess with no evidence to support it
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I actually think it makes it more epic if it is actually god. I mean I'm someone who doesn't believe in god.............but from a story telling point of view he's pretty awesome.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        I actually think it makes it more epic if it is actually god. I mean I'm someone who doesn't believe in god.............but from a story telling point of view he's pretty awesome.
        Indeed. I don't buy into religion/invisible men in the sky either, but the idea of destiny simply doesn't work well as a narrative device without it. BSG's story really doesn't work without a god.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Indeed. I don't buy into religion/invisible men in the sky either, but the idea of destiny simply doesn't work well as a narrative device without it. BSG's story really doesn't work without a god.
          True, true. I actually loved how Caprica had the Greek pantheon...though their influence seemed to wane and switch more of an ambiguous "God" character.

It was an interesting story, and an interesting incorporation of religion and faith that really did fit that fictional universe and it's story quite well.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X